Missing You

Written in the Stars

 

Its already one week since Wendy’s big sisters stayed in Daegu with her niece and nephews for vacation cause by the end of the month Seulgi and Irene will be back in Seoul because the twins will be also back in school.Also Eric had been already 1 week working on his photography at Wendy’s family restaurant,Wendy and Eric gotten closer this days but not to the point that they will tell each other personal life stories, well pretty sure will get to that point. The house is not that quiet because of the kids right now, usually the house is quiet if only Wendy and her mom during weekdays at home because her younger sisters were at school.Wendy decided not yet to go into college as long her sisters need to finish high school as Wendy help her mom in financing their school stuffs.Well that was she taught.

 

“Sian omo whats wrong honey mommys here stop crying” Seulgi keep on rocking softly in her arms inorder the baby stop crying.

 

Wendy cant back to sleep because the noise she heard from the other room, so she decided to get out from her room and went to the other room to check out whats noise about.

 

“Seulgi unnie why is Sian crying?” As Wendy slightly open the door.

 

“I dont know Seung Wan, I did already everything , he is not hungry because I already fed him, he is not also disturb by his diaper because I recently replaced it , Sian shussh you be fine” Seulgi said softly to his son but still his son keep on crying.

 

“Oh let me” Wendy asked her bigsister to give Sian to her and suddenly wendy tap lightly the back of the baby and Sian burp.

 

“Haha there you go he just wanted to burp unnie” Wendy said to Seulgi.

 

“Oh thats why hahaha how did you know that Wendy yah?” Seulgi ask her sister why she suddenly know that knowing that Wendy dont have a baby and she knew in these such things.

 

“I dont know it just came up in my mind haha” as Wendy carefully hand back Sian to her mother.As Seulgi looked at her sister curiously as Seulgi waiting for an answer probably a certain answer.

 

“Ohh haha thanks seung wan! You can go back in your sleep” Seulgi said

 

“Iam not sleepy anymore unnie ill just go downstairs” As Wendy smiled to her big sister.As her big sister Seulgi nods.

 

“Hahah Ji hee yah! I will not give it to you hahaha” little boy little sister.

 

“Yah! Ji Hyun!! Give it back to me!” As the little girl chase her twin brother.

 

“Hey why you will not call me oppa huh? Mama said Iam older than you just 1 minute before you came out” Ji hyun reason out to his twin sister.

 

“What? Its just one minute, still were at the same age now give it back my colored pens!!” As Ji hee chase her twin brother arround the restaurant.

 

“Goodness twins! No running in the restaurant! “ As Irene scolded her twins while she was making orders.

 

“Goodmorning!” As Yeri hopping up and down going to the front door.

 

“Where are you going missy?” Irene asked her youngest sister.

 

“Going to salon unnie!” Yeri replied from the front door.

 

“Really? This early?” Irene asked curiously.

 

“Oh its a newly open salon they said that the first 10 costumers will have free accommodation! I dont wanna miss it!” As Yeri hurriedly went out from the house.

 

“Okay?” Irene said as she chuckled.

 

“Goodmorning Seung wan! Why you woke up so early?” Irene said as she deliver a tray of orders in different tables.

 

“Well Sian cried out loud” Wendy said while wearing an apron.

 

“But when Na—“ Irene said but she immediately stop as she realises its not good to say these things to her sister.Especially now is not the right time.

 

“Mwo?” Wendy curiously looked at her big sister.

 

“I mean why are you wearing an apron its your day off today wendy yah dont worry me and seulgi will take care of the restaurant today” Irene smiled to her sister.

 

“Oh really unnie? Yay! Thank you! Unnie! But I don’t know what to do when I do have free time” Wendy scratched her necked and asked her sister.

 

“Dont tell me youll just lay down in your bed the whole day?” Irene said

 

“Well I guess so” Wendy replied as shes about to go upstairs.

 

“Yah! Seung Wan! Go get some fresh air!”  Irene shouted from a far.

 

“Alright I know where will I go” As Wendy turned her way to the front door and get her pursed in the counter.

 

“Anyway will Eric be present today?” Irene asked Wendy.

 

“Why do you ask him to me?” Wendy suddenly faced her sister.

 

“Ahm cause your the only on—“ Irene suppose to continue.

 

“He will not be around this time because its her daughter’s family day at school” Wendy said.

 

“Oh okay” Irene looked her sister like a teasing face that any sister will get annoyed by that.

 

“What? Unnie I know that look! stop it ! the thing is because he asked permission at me while mom was not arround its not that Iam the one who asked! Ayst you just like so much Yerimah I hate that you two so much I like seems like I have two annoying sisters” Wendy chuckled.

 

“Yah!” Irene eventually laughed.

 

“Oh mornin unnie!!” As Joy went inside to the restaurant panting and sweating.

 

“Where have you been?” Wendy hurriedly ask while shes grabbing her sling bag hanging in the wall.

 

“Ahm jogging isnt it obvious?” Joy replied with a chuckled.

 

“Oh go get change Soo Young!” Wendy said running from a far.

 

“Whats with her?” Joy asked Irene and Her big sister just shrugged her shoulders.

 

“I think she’ll follow her prince charming” Irene smile at Joy.

 

“Bye defensive dongsaenga!! Keep safe!!!” Irene shouted at the front door to the running Wendy so shell catch up the first bus.As Joy laughed so hard by their big sister greeting.

 

 

Wendy suddenly realise that its the day of the another batch of phonograph record version of her all time favourite band Westlife, well she abruptly took a bus going to Seoul as its the only store in the country who still sell Westlife merchandises, although its weird on her generation that the band she really never get tired of listening their music was a 90’s band usually the ladies on her generation chooses new generation of music, well what can we do Wendy loves to listen to their music as she can feel every lyrics of each songs and while shes listening to their music there is something she felt in her heart that she cant explain.She got all the albums in whether in cd or phonograph record version but there is this one song that she missed to buy last time because she need to pay that money for electricity and water bills but now Irene and Seulgi gave her money to spent for leisure she want to spent it carefully.Wendy once dream to become a singer when she was younger she always joined singing contests and won the first prize and the prize also help them to live especially this is a great help of their financial need, but unfurtunately Wendy didnt continue to pursue her dream because of the sudden family and financial problems that time, her sisters always encourage her that its never to late to try again now, of course Wendy always thought of that as shes always open for opportunities but for now she wanted to help her mother as shes also the breadwinner of the family.

 

“Goodmorning! Mr.Lee!!!” Wendy cheerfully greeted the owner of the music shop.

 

“Oh goodmorning to my most valued and beautiful costumer!” As Mr. Lee smiled and compliment Wendy.Wendy smiled back and went straight to the section where the cds located.

 

“Yay! I can finally buy you!” Wendy said talking to the phonograph record where entitled “Beautiful in White by Westlife” written in the cover of the of the phonograph and went to the counter.

 

“Alright its finally in your hands Wendy!” As an old man Mr.Lee happy for Wendy.

 

“Yes! Its been a month the last time I hold it haha” Wendy replied as Wendy suppose  to say goodbye to Mr.Lee she thought she forget something.

 

“Oh I think I left my umbrella behind those gondolas” Wendy hurriedly back where the cd tracks placed.As she supposed to get the umbrella the little girl get her attention, the little girl was sitting in the floor and shes wearing a big headphones while shes holding a small old music tape player and there are tears in her cheeks.

 

“Whats wrong little girl?” As Wendy recognize who is that little girl.

 

“Eomma!!!” As the little girl suddenly jump on Wendy and hugged her tightly as she continued to cry.

 

“Oft” Wendy little bit startled by the little girls action what can she do the kid was crying and she dont know the reason she decided to comfort the little girl.

 

“Its okay, are you lost?” Wendy asked the little girl worriedly as she wiped the tears of the little girl.

 

“Mommy please come back” as the little girl continue to cry out loud.

 

“Shh shh its fine sweetie maybe your mom just went to the comfort room shell be back” Wendy replied to comfort the little girl.

 

“Mr.Lee is Na Eun here?” As Eric pushes the glass door and hurriedly approach Mr.Lee in the counter.

 

“She’s hiding behind those gondolas Eric” Mr.Lee said.

 

“Ill call your dad that youre here okay he might be worried where are you right now” As Wendy about to get her phone.

 

“Na Eun!” Eric partially run toward her daughter.

 

“Appa!!” Na Eun hug back her father.

 

“I told you not to go far away from me, you make daddy worried” Eric told her daughter.

 

“Iam sorry daddy, but I dont wanna go to that family day at school” Na Eun replied with the frowned of her face.

 

“Honey why? You will sing right? Its your favorite song, Daddy will be there” Eric smile and give her daughter courage to join the school activity.

 

Wendy was carefully listening to their conversation, Wendy slowly realise the reason why the little girl don’t want to attend that family day at school because maybe her mother was not with her, Wendy still not sure if the child mother is on overseas or just not with them anymore , well shell ask Eric eventually on the right time.For now there is this feeling of Wendy again that the little girl always touches her heart that everything about them she want to be part of and shell do something she can to help them.

 

“I can go with you Na Eun if you want to” Wendy smiled to Na Eun.

 

“Really?” The little girl faced Wendy with full of anticipation.

 

“Oh Wendy yah its fine, you help us already thats enough thank you that you found her” Eric said with full of gratitude.

 

“But daddy please.. can you be my mommy just for one day?” The little girl slightly pull the end of Wendy’s dress and looked up Wendy with full of convincing eyes and those cute dimple smiles.Eric startled by her daughter’s request he eventually felt nervous.

 

“Of course I can” Wendy replied to Na Eun  cheerfully.

 

“Are you sure Wendy? We might be interrupting on where you suppose to go now or the things you will do for today” Eric asked worriedly.

 

“Oh no its fine, the truth is I dont know what to do or where to go this day thats why sometimes I hate day offs.” Wendy replied with a chuckled.

 

“What you hate day offs? Youre something Wendy” Eric chuckled.

 

“So daddy? Its a yes youll let eom- oh Wendy unnie to go with us? Pretty please!” Na Eun said.

 

“Alright how can I say no to your cuteness” Eric said while the two just laughed.

 

“Yay! Thanks daddy!!” Na Eun hugged her father.

 

“Of course anything for my princess” both Wendy and Eric exchange smiles.

 

“Okay lets go” As the three went outside and thanked Mr.Lee for keeping Na Eun safe, As Mr. Lee teases Wendy on how lucky she is that she met a handsome and well genuine guy like Eric.

 

“Just a minute” Eric said to Wendy as he transferred Na Eun car sit at the back.

 

“Okay Na Eun go sit at the back” Eric said while he carried his daughter and put her in the car sit.

 

“Ne!” Na Eun replied cheerfully

 

“Is it okay to sit here?” Wendy asked Eric.

 

“What kind of question is that? Why it cant be? Is there something wrong? Eric chuckled.

 

“Aw hehe nothing” Wendy replied as she get in the car at the front sit.

 

The first thing Wendy notice is the lavander scent of the air freshener Eric had in his car, its her favorite scent.Next is the car so much look familiar to her seems like she rode a car like this before and lastly a small miniture of a really cute house place near the top of the stirring wheel, Wendy thought it could be Eric’s and Na Eun’s house miniture version.Wendy snapped out from reality from Eric’s announcement.

 

“Okay we are here” Eric immediately unbuckle his sit belt and help Na Eun get off from her baby sit.

 

“Wendy yah Il just go to the bathroom, well nature calling” Eric said to Wendy.

 

“Oh okay” Wendy chuckled.

 

“Sweetie just bring Wendy Unnie to the theather room Ill follow after daddy go to the bathroom okay?” Eric said.

 

“Ok daddy” Na Eun smiled at her father.

 

“Come on unnie!” As Na Eun hold Wendy’s left hand as on their way to the theater room.

 

This is new for Wendy sorrounded by kids with their respective parents, she cant describe on what shes feeling right now shes happy and felt weird on herself why is she here, all she could think off she want Na Eun to be happy in her family day at skul the closeness of Wendy and Na Eun is indescribable.

 

When Wendy and Na Eun passed by with those parents together with those kids near the entrance of the theather hall, Wendy heard few of the parents whispering something about them that she can bearly hear, Na Eun classmates parents where curious that the young lady with Na Eun could be her mother, because all they knew is that Na Eun’s father only the one who attends Na Eun school activities or Parents meeting these past 2 years.

 

“Is it her mother?” One parent ask the other parent.

 

“I dont know we havent seen Eric’s wife ever since” the older parent replied.

 

“Maybe she is, the young lady so much like Na Eun” the other parent join the conversation.

 

“Well lets figure it out” the other parent holding her kid.

 

As Wendy and Na Eun about to go inside the theater room, two young parents approach them as they both exchange greetings.

 

“Anneyeonghaseyo” Wendy and Na Eun greeted back.

 

“Oh are you Na Eun’s mother?” One parent ask.

 

“Ohh—“ Wendy suppose to answer the parent but Eric suddenly hold her shoulder as he hold Na Euns hand while she was carried by Wendy. Wendy couldnt explain her heartbeats now.

 

“Mrs.Kim! Hows Sulli?” Eric immediately asked the parent and change the topic.

 

“Oh shes still a talkative kid Eric” as the parent chuckled.

 

“Oh that is still good haha anyways we’ll go ahead Na Eun will do final rehearsing backstage” Eric smiled and bid goodbyes as he pushed the door.

 

“Goodluck Na Eun! Fighting!” The parent encourage the kid as she waves goodbye.

 

“Kamsahamnida Mrs.Kim!” Na Eun replied and wave back.

 

“I wonder why is that Eric didnt introduce that lady to us these past two years” one parent being curious that this is the first time she saw that lady, since they are the parents of Na Eun’s bestfriend Lani they gotten closer to Na Eun’s family.

 

“Maybe there is a reason” the other parent replied.

 

In a few minutes the program is about to start, it will immediately start with an opening salvo which is Na Eun be part of she will sing a song dedicated to all parents, entitled “Thank You” Na Eun and Eric really prepared this day they keep on practicing this song for the past few weeks, they hope it will come out really good.

 

“Daddy Iam nervous I dont wanna sing anymore” Na Eun tearfully face his father.

 

“Honey look at daddy there is nothing to be afraid of, you always love singing just have fun that only matters” Eric gave her daughter a smile.

 

“I hope mommy will like it” Na Eun replied.

 

“She will love it” Eric replied with a smile as Na Eun look up the ceiling and eventually gives her courage.

 

Throughout the conversation Wendy again listen to the heartfelt moment of father and daughter, Wendy eventually connecting the dots she suddenly thought that Na Eun’s mother maybe already passed away as Na Eun look up the ceiling, honestly its not good to hear but Wendy’s worried about Eric is taken up until now eventually vanished she felt a sudden relief, well its not that a confirm reason but she felt that could be, she felt bad for Na Eun that her mother leave them for an early age, well that was she thought.

 

“Yes will be here, in front of you cheering along the audience Na Eun” Wendy added and gave the child a sweet smile, Na Eun hugged her tightly.

 

As Wendy and Eric waited for Na Euns turn to sing the two were sitting in the middle of the theatre which they really have the nice spot to take photos and Na Eun will easily see them from a far.Now the MC mentioned Na Eun’s name.

 

“Please help me welcome Nam Na Eun from the class of kindergarten 1” the Mc cheerfully welcomed.

 

“Na Eun-ah!!!” As Wendy keep on waving on her and giving her gun hearts as Na Eun also fireback with gun hearts towards to Wendy.

 

“Sweetie you can do it” As Eric said to Na Eun giving her a wide smile and a thumbs up.Na Eun started the first verse.

 

“Thank you for teaching me how to feel” Na Eun sang with all her heart.

 

Wendy keep on holding her tears, she dont know why that song really touches her heart she felt happy and sad the same time maybe because the song are song for parents which theyre daughters and sons can express theyre love to their mother and father through this song, though she cant say this things to her father, Wendy always been worried where could be his father right now, what if her father not that a much drinker, she could sing this kind of song to her both parents, Wendy also thought that she has the same situation as Na Eun but the other way around and that is because Na Eun not with his mother right now just like Wendy’s not with her father.Well again that was she thought.

 

As the performance was done Na Eun run towards the audience where she hugged her father and Wendy.

 

“Sweetie you did a great job!!” Wendy said as she felt so proud to Na Eun.

 

“You love it?” Na Eun asked Wendy.

 

“Iam in love with it” Wendy said while Na Eun hugged Wendy, Eric gave Na Eun a thumbs up.

 

When the program ends its getting darker so Eric decided to take the two for dinner.

 

“So ahm its getting darker I have to go, Ill just take a bus” Wendy said with a smile she suppose to ask permission to Na Eun for living early but Eric stopped her.

 

“Oh no you cant live yet I will treat you and Na Eun for dinner” Eric said convincing Wendy to stay.

 

“Please unnie just stay for a minute” Na Eun beg Wendy to stay as she gave Wendy a sweet smile and a pouting lips as she held her hand.

 

“Alright because you did a pretty great job a while a go” Wendy smiled and playfully pinched the little girl cheeks.

 

“Daddy Iam tired can you cook at home?” Na Eun request her dad not to eat in the restaurant but instead Eric will cook at home.

 

“Of course sweetie I can, come on lets go” Eric said with a smile as the two followed him.

 

After 30 minutes of driving home, they finally arrived.The moment Wendy step in the house which is a really big house a two story house with the combination of colors gray and white, wendy thought that this house was so big for the two of them aside from the two nannys welcomed them, her eyes checking out the surroundings but there is one thing she noticed there are no family pictures been displayed or any pictures of Eric and Na Eun or her other half this made her curious but overall Wendy was amaze to the style of the house she ever think before when she was younger she want to have a house like this but there is this weird feeling again that she felt shes been or have seen a house like that maybe in movies she thought,As Eric finally spoke.

 

“Please be comfortable Wendy” As Eric guides Wendy to the living room and offered her to sit in the sofa and feel at home.Well she should feel at home.

 

“Ahm Is it okay I will leave you with Na Eun, I will cook dinner for us three” Eric said to Wendy and smile.

 

“Oh its okok, you need help in cooking?” Wendy offered.

 

“Oh its okay you are the visitor” Eric chuckled.

 

“Okay” Wendy replied with a bright smile.

 

“Dont worry daddy Ill take care of unnie! , can I show my bedroom to unnie, daddy?” Na Eun said.

 

“Of course sweetie while waiting for my special dish” Eric said and laughed.

 

“Yay! Okay daddy! Pretty sure it will be a magnificent dish!” Na Eun giggles and drag Wendy upstairs.As Wendy just keep on smiling to their conversation.

 

“Haha be careful sweetie! Be good to Wendy!” Eric said.

 

“Okay daddy!” Na Eun replied.

 

Na Eun’s bedroom was the only room in the house that the colors are combination of pastel pink and blue which are her favorite colors with a huge princess bed and a lot of stuffstoys near its headboard.The moment Wendy step in at Ne Euns bedroom she thought to herself that her bedroom when she was a child was never like this instead she shares bedroom with Seulgi on that time but she remembered that when she was a child she wanted to have stufftoys at her bed but due to aside from her mother dont have enough money to buy her stuffed toys, Seulgi also has a allergy when it comes to stufftoys.Seems like now she was witnessing her dream bedroom when she was a child.

 

“Unnie! Come on I have something to show you!” Na Eun grab excitedly Wendy going inside to her bedroom up to the bed side chair near the windows.

 

“Oft slowly Na Eun we might stumble” Wendy chuckled as she reminded the child.

 

“Look at my drawings” Na Eun proudly said and show it to Wendy.

 

“Woah they are cute Na Eun!, oh is this me?” As Wendy flip the pages of the sketchbook she saw different drawings of Na Eun commonly Na Eun loves to draw flowers and all about nature but one captures Wendy’s eyes the most, a young lady wearing a blue apron and holding some daisy flowers while smiling.

 

“Yes unnie how was it?” Na Eun said amusingly waiting for Wendys response.

 

“It so nice Na Eun” Wendy said sincerely even the drawing not drawn by a professional painter but its is beautiful, a drawing of a 4year old.

 

“Thats why your holding sketchpad lastweek while you were sitting the counter while your dad was working, I wouldnt have thought Iam your next masterpeice” Wendy said with a chuckle.

 

“Hehe you can keep it unnie its my gift” Na Eun said as she hand her sketchpad to Wendy.

 

“Really? Na Eun-ah?” Wendy said.

 

“Of course its for you unnie” Na Eun smile brightly.

 

“Awe Iam honored Na Eun” As Wendy hugged Na Eun.

 

“Who thought you to draw Na Eun” Wendy asked.

 

“Oh Auntie Seu— my auntie taught me whenver theyll come over here” Na Eun giggles.

 

“Oh your auntie must be a great painter” Wendy said and Na Eun just happily nod.

 

“And because Iam honored that you paint me, I will read some of your favorite stories for you” Wendy said gratefully to Na Eun.

 

“Really unnie? Oh Wait this is my favorite” As Na Eun excitedly handed an old story book titled “Eomma Bear” as soon as Wendy hold the book she immediately thought that Na Eun really longing for a mothers love she felt eventually sad but for the meantime she want that sadness of Na Eun behind those sweet smiles that Wendy is willing to compensate those sadness with happiness.Even Wendy cant level the mothers love that Na Eun usually have before, shes willing to give love to Na Eun as her big sister, Wendy thought.

 

“Its mommy favorite story for me” Na Eun said and look wendy full of innocence and sadness as if Na Eun heard Wendy’s thought.

 

“Oh” As Wendy look at the book cover where there is a mama bear drawing on it.

 

“Oh this must be a good book” Wendy smiled.

 

“Let us start feel comfortable princess” Wendy said as the two lay their head at the beds head board as Wendy’s left arm surrounds Na Eun while shes holding the book and the kid carefully listening as Wendy started.

 

“You two your highness” Na Eun replied as the two laughed by thier action.

 

“Okay, one sunny afternoon  there is a mama bear where she have a beautiful daughter and a handsome husband which is the papa bear....” Wendy continues to read to Na Eun.

 

Its already 7pm in the evening which finally Eric was done cooking the dish the one he said that his magnificent dish, he decided to call Wendy and Na Eun to go downstairs as dinner was served.

 

“Wendy yah Na Eun-ah?” As Eric knocked on her daughter’s bedroom.

 

“Dinner’s ready, can I come in?” Eric said since no one is responding he decided to go inside the bedroom.

 

“The main dis—-“ Eric suppose to continue but he realized that the persons whom he’s talking to were lying in the bed comfortably sleeping, As Wendy was fell asleep reading Na Euns story book her position was she layed her head to the headboard while she put down the book shes holding it near her tummy while Na Eun lays her head on Wendys left arm as Na Euns left arm hugged Wendy as she semi faced Wendy.Eric found that way too cute as he seated to the chair near the bed enough for him to clearly see the face of sleeping Wendy, As he carefully caressing Wendy’s hair tucking it in behind her right ear and smiled.

 

“I miss you Wanda, I miss being like this, Na Eun also misses you so so much” Eric murmurs and take a deep sigh as he pulled out a blanket enough to cover the two, lastly he kissed Wendy and Na Eun’s forehead and eventually walk out from the room for not them to wake up.