Painful Memories.

Lament
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~~*~~

Note: As I mentioned in my forward, this is my true life story, and by the title you'll know it's going to be a sad ride, right? But this is not me, this is taengsic, so I'll make sure to give it a happy ending, I'll try.

~~*~~

 

Taeyeon's POV.

I walked through the terminal, with a smile plastered on my face, it's been three years since I left Korea and now I have decided to return due to my parents persistency, I don't know why they were so worried despite me reassuring them that I'll return when I know I've healed, but dad's been sick and so I had to leave whatever I was doing in China to return home now.

And even though the pain was still there in my heart, the wound of being betrayed is still fresh, I feel extremely happy to be back home where I belong.

”Hey, Tae.” I heard my name being mentioned getting me out of my thoughts, and as expected, Yuri was standing a few meters away waving at me.

”Yul.” I exclaimed rushing to hug my best friend briefly.

”Wow, look at you, all changed, so feminine now but still short.” I glared, she shrugged. ”It's been what three years now? I miss you buddy.” Yuri finished turning me around from side to side to get a proper look at me.

”And I miss you too.” I admitted, ”so how are you?” I questioned further.

”Good, I've been good.” Yuri replied whilst helping me to load my bag into the car's trunk, she walked quickly and sat at the passenger's side, tossing the key at me, I caught it easily. ”You will do the driving.” She smiles widely at my glares, I smiled a little before getting on the ride.

I was looking around the city of Seoul as I drive, nothing much had changed, since I left, everything is pretty the same, what did I expect? A new city in just three years? I smiled at my silliness, just as I maneuvered the wheel, taking the direction of my home. Unconsciously I gazed towards the coffee shop located at the beginning of my street, a memory came flashing back to me, a sad smile took over my lip's as I remembered the sole reason why I left Korea in the first place.  

I wonder how she's doing, is she happy now? A mother, maybe? I shrugged the thoughts away as I came to a stop, it was the building where my apartment is located at.

”Thanks Yul, you coming up for a coffee...?” I trailed.

”Nope, I have somewhere I need to be at, I'll check on you later.” She said and I shrugged going out of her car, she'd helped unload my bag so the only thing I did was wave at her before heading inside.

My home's still new, furniture intact and covered, I looked around my living room and my eyes caught the puzzle painting that has been on my wall when I left. I regretted looking at it as the sad memories came back to me once again. 

”What scary flower is this? A marigold?” Jessica asked, back hugging me and showering tingling feather kisses on my neck, I had to shut my eyes enjoying every bit of it.

”No,” I smiled. ”This is our love.”

”Is our love this scary?” She bit my neck lightly. ”Are you scared?” 

”You should be scared.” I turned to get a glimpse of her face, she didn't let me and instead took my lips in a serene kiss.

”You shouldn't be scared.” She kissed me one more time. ”Can I join you in fixing this?” She sat next to me on the floor and already joined me. I shook my head playfully.

We were able to arrange every piece of the puzzle and I was holding the last piece in my hand.

”Sica,” I held her hand. ”I want you to have this.” I said handing her the last piece. ”Without this the puzzle won't be complete.” I add.

”But the painting would be ugly without it.” She said looking at me.

”That's why you should not leave me, because you're the last piece, the most important piece of my life, if you're gone I won't be complete.” I said and she smiled at me, hugging me so close.

”I won't ever leave you Tae.” 

Lies, all ing lies. I looked away blinking my tears back and I wished I didn't because the next thing that caught my sight was even more painful. It was the pictures on the wall, the pictures we took together, she and I, I couldn't help but to walk towards their direction.

She was smiling and hugging me on the first one, in the next we were kissing, the other was on the day I proposed to her, we were so happy, I couldn't look further because tears were starting to pool in my eyes, so I looked away, the wound still fresh and new in my heart. 

Coming back, seeing all this– makes me racked my brain. Overthinking every little situation, replaying everything in my head over and over... going crazy, wondering why she couldn't see how much I loved her. I put her feelings first. I always made sure she was okay. I refused to give up on her. Yet she gave up on me so easily, she lied to me and betrayed me so easily.

I cried so much, and I hated that she still hold that effect on me, when I left– I'd promised myself to forget her and start a fresh, I was determined and zealous but it took just some pieces of pictures and flashes of memories to get me back to my crumbling self.

”Jessica, how much more would you hurt me? Until when are you going to stop torturing me? I wish I have a time machine, so I will go back in time to stop myself from falling for you.” I hurled loudly, I yanked the pictures from my wall angrily with the intention of tearing them or burning them, I needed to get rid of them, just to get her out of my head, but as pathetic as I still am, I couldn't harm her pictures, she's still too deep in my heart, which made me to cry even more, I so much hate my pathetic self, I hate myself for not being able to discard her out of my life and my heart.

My lungs suddenly flattened to pathetic air deprived lungs and I'm on the floor in a moment. Coupled with my heart wrenching sobs, it doesn't take long before I'm panting desperately for air. As my breath comes in fast, loud rasps, just then everything turned black, I couldn't see anymore, couldn't hear a single thing, I passed out I guess, due to the extreme pain and exhaustion I went through.

~~~~

My eyes slowly opened to a sound coming from my kitchen, and I found myself wrapped in a blanket, on my couch.

”You awake?” Yuri said walking towards me with a mug in her hand, she handed it to me, before sitting next to me.

"Drink up and get ready, we can't keep them waiting, now can we?” She said making me confused.

”Keep who wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter