DDD

Everyday

“I just finished … I will just meet you there … I’m not a girl you don’t have to pick me up … See you soon.” I hang up the phone and hop inside a taxi.

 

Today feel exceptionally cold. Snow is pouring outside so it takes me a while to get to the restaurant. I heard of this place before, it’s one of those rooftop nightclubs with a restaurant right below it. I pull on my jacket and fixing my glasses anxiously as I start to feel out of place as people are looking at me.

 

When I told them I have a reservation under Song, the staff quickly me up.

 

“Young master Song has been waiting for you sir.” He said as we reached the top floor.

 

Young master? Wow time sure has passed. I nervously walk out of the elevator and was welcome with a big open space. It is covered with floor-length window all around. A grand table is set at the middle of the room and there sit Song Minho.

 

Minho is dressed in a black and white tuxedo and his hair is sleek back, he looks better and better every time I see him.

 

He mumbles something on the phone and hang up as he sees me: “You’re here Jinwoo-ah.” He pulls me into a tight hug.

 

I was caught off guard, my hands hanging on my side unable to decide if I should hug him back. I can feel all his muscles tensing under the white button up. Minho lets go and smile sheepishly.

 

“You’re huge.” I exclaimed unconsciously.

 

“It’s called exercising hyung. You don’t look like you done much of that.” He teased.

 

I slapped him on the shoulder jokingly as we sit down next to each other.

 

“This place is so nice. Is it just us here?” I look around admiring the view of Seoul.

 

“I will take you here again whenever you feel like it. This building is mine after.” He bragged while wink jokingly at me.

 

“You’re doing well for yourself.” I complimented: “I realise I don’t know much about you after all.”

 

“What do you want to know? I will tell you everything.” He smiled oh so sweetly at me.

 

“I don’t want to be nosy.”

 

“Come one hyung, it’s us.” He smiled and touch the hand I have on the table lightly.

 

“How about we start with when you moved away?” I finally looked up from the table directly into his eyes.

 

“Well… my dad’s son got into a car accident and died so he decided to conveniently take me and my mum in. He needs an heir you see.” He paused: “Back then I didn’t want to go, I want to stay with you. But when you got hurt and I figure if I don’t go and be stronger you will have to protect me forever so I left.”

 

“You could at least say goodbye.” I laugh to hide my feelings.

 

“I was scared. I was scared that if I see you I won’t have the courage to go.” He said sincerely: “I’m sorry. That’s why now that we are united let me make it up for you from now on.”

 

“Can I ask what happened yesterday?” My face heats up at his words so I quickly change the subject.

 

“Just business rivals you know. I don’t want to scare you now so let’s wait till later on kay?” He winked again.

 

I didn’t know we would warm up to each other this fast. The conversation just flow aimlessly with us just talking about things we missed from each other. Even when there is a silent between us, it was still a comfortable silent.

 

 

 

 

“I will drive you home.” Minho said as we stepped inside the elevator after our meal.

 

There are 4 men standing around us. They are his bodyguards and Minho told me to just pretend they are not there like he does. There used to be only 2 people but after that incident it increases to 4 he explained.

 

“Are you sure? I can just get a taxi, you must be busy.” I secretly he would keep insisting and giggled quietly at my own childish thoughts. I’m already a 27 years old man.

 

“I insisted. I want to know where you live too. Just in case…” He leaves his sentence half way.

 

“Just in case what?” I laughed and nudged him jokingly.

 

We joke around until the elevator slides open again. We step and was welcome by a crowd of people waiting in line to get in. It is a Friday night after all. We were walking out as we heard a woman calling out to Minho. We both turn around in surprised.

 

“Oh hey Annie-ah” He said coldly to the new woman. She was gorgeous, everything about her is. She is wearing a long red dress that hugs her body tightly. She walks over confidently while people around look in admiration.

 

“You said you were busy but what are you doing here?” She wrapped her arms around Minho’s neck while his hands are kept in his pockets.

 

“I was busy, still am.” He said as she looks over to me.

 

“Who is this little friend? When did you start playing around with such young kid?” She said half teasingly: “You have to call me tomorrow okay?”

 

“I’m 25…” I said with a smile and turn to look at Minho: “I can go home myself, you’re obviously busy, we will meet again soon. Bye guys.”

 

“No, I take you home.” He followed me suit.

 

“No, stay with your girlfriend, we can always meet again some other time.” I denied politely as we exist the building.

 

“That’s not my girlfriend.” He laughed and I can’t help but feel a bit relieve, but then: “I don’t do girlfriend hyung, if I do then I don’t know how many I’m having right now.”

 

“Oh… you sure have growth.” I’m in the loss of words.

 

The valet hands him his car key and open the door for us. I reluctant but choose to step inside. I put my home address in the GPS then remain quiet.

 

“Are you angry hyung?” He said after a long while of silent.

 

“Why would I?” I laughed awkwardly: “I’m just surprised that’s all. It is all happening so fast. We only met again after 15 years.”

 

“It feels even longer than that. I tried to find you everyday.” We fall back into silent: “Can I see you again tomorrow?” He said sheepishly.

 

“I have double shift tomorrow. I won’t finish till 6 in the morning the next day.” I said as I scroll through my work schedule on my phone.

 

“I will pick you up after work? We can get breakfast together then I will drive you home.” He stopped in front of my house.

 

I pointed at a far distance: “See that? That’s my hospital, it only takes me 10 minutes’ walk.”

 

“But it’s cold and snowy now.” He insisted as I laughed.

 

“Okay how about we get breakfast at my house. I’m worried I will be too tired to go out.” He smiled and walk out of the car: “See you tomorrow Minnie.”

 

“See you tomorrow Jinnie!” I heard him shout behind me as we both laugh.