Sheet Thirty-six

Sketches: Life is a canvas. Love is paint. We are the artists.

After the vineyard tour with Seulgi, we went on a few more trips aside from our usual hangouts.

We visited the Vogel Ski Resort where Seulgi kept laughing at me for clinging like a Koala to her during the cable car ride. At the restaurant on top of the mountain, we ordered cola only to find out it’s mixed with rum which the both of us didn’t like very much. We laughed at our faces in disgust.

We’ve also been to Lake Bohinj. The lake water was crystal clear which prompted me to trick Seulgi into drinking it. In my defense, I didn’t know she would fall for it. Seulgi, in return, got her revenge by purposely failing taking panorama shots of me. I kept running trying to make sure I make it in the frame right on time but this girl kept pretending she couldn’t take it right.

I remember also going to this Wind Tunnel experience where we met three other Koreans namely Seungwan, Sooyoung, and Yerim. It’s funny because they seem to go there on a regular basis so they can flirt with the instructor named Eric. In front of him, they channel different auras and call themselves Wendy, Joy, and Katy.

Recently, we visited Ljubljana which sadly turned into a rainy day. Still, we tried to make the most of it. I got excited playing with the bubbles only to get scared in the end because of the giant ones. We also bought food from the food stands in Vodnik Square and ate them together outside, something I really wanted to try.

Every single day has been very fulfilling and memorable. I think everything’s like that when I’m with Seulgi. She has an ability to make everything flow naturally. She has this charisma that draws you in and makes you stay.

Drawing supposedly calms my mind but ever since I’ve been with the other girl, I wonder if drawing is still the one who still puts my heart at ease.

My heart says it’s Seulgi.

-

“Faster, Seul!” I shout at the younger girl who’s currently taking forever to finish up showering. We are currently in Seulgi’s hotel room in Kranj. We setup plans to hangout and watch a movie.

I scroll through Instagram as I wait for her. I suddenly remember my favorite artist and visit the profile only to find nothing new posted for the past three weeks. The last one being a place in Venice.

I frown as I continue scrolling down her page to view her previous posts. It was then that I realized that the artist never drew portraits. I scrunches my nose as I thought of the reason why but brushed it off thinking maybe it’s just not part of her Instagram concept.

The door of the bathroom flung open. “What’s up?” Seulgi asks as she sees me deeply in thought. This shifted my attention to Seulgi’s drawing. Despite claiming herself as a wandering artist, I have never seen any of her recent sketches. She always tries to hide it whenever I peek. I asked Seulgi several times but the other girl kept brushing the topic off saying she’s too shy to show or I’m probably expecting too much so it’ll turn into a disappointment. It’s most definitely better than my sketches if she can sell art. I wouldn’t even pay a dollar for my old ones.

I shrugged the thought then responded to her with a smirk on my face,“I was just thinking how a person can take an eternity to wash up.”

-

We ended up watching a horror movie which made Seulgi promise to me that she will sleep beside me because I was very much afraid. She just had to ask very cutely and place a hand on my upper thigh that I just had to say yes to whatever freaking movie that is. I regretted a bit though because I don’t think I can sleep with those ghosts haunting my head but I take it back now that Seulgi’s lying beside me.

We are on the bed when Seulgi broke the silence, “If you are not a manager at your Dad’s company, what would you have wanted to do, Unnie?” I shift to face Seulgi. I actually thought about this several times in my mundane life. I didn't have to think of the answer. “I’ll be a restaurant owner. I like to cook, and I feel giddy seeing people enjoy what I’ve made.”

“I wonder what your dishes would taste like. I bet they’ll be delicious, Unnie.”

This glutton is very funny. “But you find everything delicious! You don’t say no to any food,” I reply while laughing. Seulgi pouted as she responded, “Well…there’s a bit of truth in that. But still!”

I scoot closer to the younger girl. It’s my turn to ask and I have something I’m very curious about. “Have your parents always been supportive of your what you wanted to do?”

“Yes. I’ve told a lot of people about what my plans are and the responses have always been rather negative. But with parents, they’ve been nothing but supportive. They encouraged me when no one did,” Seulgi instantly responds.

“I hope my parents can do that too,” I say with crestfallen eyes.

Seulgi suddenly held my hands. “Even if my parents were against me doing this, I would’ve still done everything you know. And If I failed like what everyone expected me to be, people would probably say ‘I told you so’ but I’d still be happy because I didn’t give up easily.”

I don’t understand. “Are you saying that I gave up too soon?”

Seulgi shook her head then raised a hand to caress my cheek with her thumb, “No. I’m saying that you should try, Unnie.”

And maybe it’s the way how softly she said it that I believe I might be able to conquer anything. I’m getting red. It seems like she always manages to say the right things the right time even without intending to do so. Whatever I feel for her, it’s getting deeper. “I’m not sure if I can do it without anyone supporting me. I’m not like you.” I turned around afraid she’d hear how loud my heart is beating. “Let’s drop this and sleep,” I conclude as I try to keep my emotions in check.

There was silence for a long time and I found herself slowly falling to a slumber. In the line between consciousness and sleep, I think I heard someone say something in the faintest tone possible, “When the time comes that you decide to do something you wanted to do, and if you still need someone to support you, and if you think I’m enough, I will support you.”

Surely it was a dream.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Fourteen left.