Gloves (JongYu)

Snowflakes

One right, two left… one right, two left…

His fingers move along with his thoughts, bringing the strand of wool in place with the needles. He has been doing this for the best part of the day, seeing as he is sick at home, waiting for his boyfriend to come back from work. It is just a small cold, but Jonghyun had insisted that he should take the day off to fully get up and running again, and Jinki can never disappoint Jonghyun when he acts caringly towards him.

The TV hasn’t been holding any interest for him as he doesn’t like watching TV dramas that much, and no soccer game or any other sport he likes is being broadcasted today. Which had , because passing 11 am he had gotten so frustratingly bored that he had been sure he would throw himself out of the window just for the sake of having done something.

It had been on his way to the big armoire sitting in the corner of their bedroom that he had seen the box under the bed. It had surely been two years since the last time he even looked into it. Knitting had been a secret hobby for him, one he only ever does during the winter when it is cold outside and white snow is turning the city into a white wonderland. This January day it hadn’t been as cold as to make it snow at all, but Jinki figured it was still winter and he had nothing better to do.

It is approaching 6 pm now, and the progression of his work can be clearly seen. The left glove is already finished, while the right one is still being made, although the progression on that slowly nears its end, too.

The door clicks open, and the shuffling of feet in the hallway can be heard through the apartment. Jinki doesn’t stop his ministrations, though, too far away in his own world to pay attention to the person he had been waiting for all day.

“I’m home!”

There is no reply, and Jonghyun sticks his head through the door to the living room after he has discarded his thick jacket, surprised. Jinki normally always responds enthusiastically if he is at home, or even comes to welcome him. But not today. For a short second Jonghyun is worried that the cold has gotten worse, until he see his boyfriend sitting comfortably on their couch, his head hunching down over his work.

“Babe, what are you doing?”

The direct address at him brings Jinki out of his reverie, a smile forming on his lips as he sees Jonghyun coming towards him with warm eyes.

“I’m knitting!” He answers, holding his progress up for his boyfriend to see.

Jonghyun looks at the almost finished glove, touching the wool once.

“It’s fluffy.”

Jinki smiles at him, giving him a light peck on the lips.

“I didn’t know you knew how to knit, though.”

Jinki laughs.

“That’s because I never actually told you. But now you know.”

Jonghyun hums, sitting down next to Jinki and snuggling into his side. Jinki finishes the row he had been knitting before setting his work and the needles down on the small couch table.

“Don’t you want to finish it? You’re almost done.” Jonghyun intervenes, looking at the left over wool next to the glove.

“No, it was just a pass-time until you got home anyway. I can finish it later.” Jinki smiles, and wraps his arms around his boyfriend.

Jonghyun nods, making sure their bodies were as close as possible.

“Okay. But, babe?”

Jinki looks down into Jonghyun’s eyes, his eyebrows drawn up in question waiting for the other to continue.

“Are those for me?”

Jinki has to laugh, because that question is just too much like Jonghyun, always asking for something indirectly when he wants it. He pecks his boyfriend’s lips again, and again, before replying.

“If you want them to be.”

Jonghyun smiles contently and snuggles his cheek into the crook of Jinki’s neck, enjoying the warmth that emanates from his – completely forgotten by Jonghyun – sick boyfriend, while Jinki is rather sure that Jonghyun might have to need more than those gloves to keep him warm the next day, though the thought is not enough to make Jinki push the other away.

 

 


Fluffy fluffiness. There's nothing else to it. Oh, it got influenced by that facts about Jinki i read somewhere where it said he knew how to knit. I found it rather fitting, so yeah.

Tell me how you liked it? :)

xxx

An