Self-made Chocolate (Jongkey)

Snowflakes

Key looked at the recipe in front of him, furrowing his eyebrows. How exactly was he supposed to do this?

It was Valentine's Day, and every girl around him had squealed over making their boyfriend or crush some self-made chocolate. Key figured that though he wasn't a girl, he could just aswell fill in for the girly actions in his relationship. After all, he was a bit of a fashion victim, naggy, neatfreak, and quite good at cooking - it should fit in with his character.

But now that he had decided on what kinds of chocolate pralines he wanted to make for his boyfriend, it didn't look as easy as he had thought it would be. While Key had a thing for cooking, baking was a complete different story. The young adult could take the longest time in the bathroom, but his patience wore thin pretty fast if it came to decorations and such. No, he wasn't made for baking -  at all.

He scanned the text in the baking book with his eyes, nodding here and frowning there. Whipping cream, scrunching chocolate, melting it and mixing the ingredients... Somehow, the more he read, the less he wanted to get started. The worst thing for him though would be the advice to make cute and sweet forms out of the praline dough. The pictures showed hearts, decorated with small pink and red crumbles, shapes of the other one's face, flowers... Just the pictures made him want to puke.

Disgustedly throwing the innocent book into the opposite corner of the kitchen, Key pulled his apron over his head, mercilessly digging it into a cupboard. He had about two hours before Jonghyun would come back home, and he knew he had to do something. He cursed himself for making his boyfriend waiting for self-made Valentine's chocolates.

 

*****

 

Jonghyun opened the door to their appartment, tired of his day at work. He wanted nothing more than to slump down onto the couch, putting his feet up and watching something on television with his boyfriend cuddled up next to him.

Though when he entered the flat, the smell of something sweet got into his nose. Curious, he followed the scent after discarding his jacket and shoes. when he turned into the kitchen, he saw Key washing his cooking utensils. On the counter next to him was a small black box with a pink heart on it. At the sight, Jonghyun remembered the promised Valentine's chocolates his boyfriend had planned to make for him. A big smile spread across his face, and he neared the blonde boy from behind before wrapping his arms around his waist.

"Hello, yeobo." He said sweetly, giving the younger boy a peck on the cheek. Key turned his head slightly to look at him, a smile forming on his lips.

"Hey. Welcome home."

"It smells like chocolate." Jonghyun said, his eyes wandering over to the small box laying on the counter.

Key laughed, finishing up the dish washing. Then he took the box into his hands, and turned around the face his brown-haired boyfriend.

"Happy Valentine's Day!"

Jonghyun's face lit up with a bright smile, taking the box out of his hands to open it up. His eyes widened at the prettily decorated pralines, his mouth slightly open as he let his gaze travel up to meet those of his lover.

"Wow, Key! These look amazing! I thought you hated baking!" Key's lips formed into a sweet smile, his hands clamping together nervously behind his back, out of sight from the older boy.

"I do, but... You know I'd do anything for you." He said, a shy blush spreading on his cheeks.

Jonghyun smiled brightly again, and brought his left hand up behind Key's neck, pulling him in for a sweet kiss. Key kissed him back, making a note in his head to bring out the trash before Jonghyun had to throw anything into it. He really didn't want his boyfriend to see the wrappings of the bought chocolates.

After all, a little cheating on Valentine's Day wasn't too bad. As long as it was kept a secret.

And Key intended to keep this a secret. He wanted to be someone who was able to do anything in his boyfriend's eyes. And that included utterly gross cute self-made chocolates on Valentine's Day.