Chapter 3

Don't Go

The next day, you entered your dorm room after your last class. Nenita wasn't there so you figured she went to the library again. Probably meeting up with Yongguk, or at least hoping to run in to him.
You flopped down on to your bed with a sigh and closed your eyes. An image of Yongguk and Nenita at the library together entered your mind. Sitting together, talking and laughing. Then a sharp pain in your chest made you open your eyes and sit up real fast.
Suddenly there was a knock at the door, startling you. You shook your head a few times as you stood up and went to answer it. When you open the door, you inhaled sharply.
"Hey." Yongguk greeted with a smile.
You opened your mouth, but no sound came out. You could only gape at him in surprise.
Yongguk chuckled before he pushed passed you, entering your room. "Is Nenita here?"
Closing the door, you replied. "Uh, no. She isn't."
He nodded as he glanced around. Then he sat down on your bed and leaned back against the wall, making himself comfortable. Evidently he was planning on hanging around.
Instead of joining him, you made your way to your desk and sat in your chair. A little too close still but better than sitting right by him. "She's probably at the library." you informed him.
"I'm not here to see her." he stated. "I was going to say I'm here to see if you needed help with your chemistry still." A small smirk formed on his face. "But now I guess I don't need to."
Your heart skipped a beat, but you worked on keeping your face neutral. "Huh?"
"Were you jealous?"
The question caught you even more off guard. "What?"
"Were you jealous?" he repeated. "When I left with that girl yesterday?"
Instantly your face heated up and you looked away. "I-I d-don't..." You trailed off as you realized he had moved closer to you. Sitting on the edge of the bed by you, causing his knees to almost touch your leg.
"I was trying to make you jealous." His hand gripped your face and he gently forced you to look at him.
Seeing his warm, brown eyes so close took your breath away. You didn't know how long you stared in to them before you noticed the knowing smirk on Yongguk's face. Then you lowered your gaze and attempted to turn your head away.
Suddenly he stood and leaned over you, pressing his lips against yours. You froze, unable to move as your mind went completely blank.
He pulled back a little and said, "Next time, tell me not to go." His hand let go of your face and his fingers trailed downwards along your neck. "And wear your necklace." Then he was kissing you again.
Despite him not holding on to you this time, you didn't move away. You know you should, for Nenita's sake, but you couldn't bring yourself to. It was like your body had a mind of its own. Making your lips move with his, relishing the taste of him.
A strangled cry rang out and you both jumped, jerking apart. You swiftly turned to look at the doorway and felt your heart sink in to your stomach. Nenita stared at the two of you, dropped open and her eyes watering. Then she turned and ran out of the room.
"Nenita!" You shoved Yongguk back as you stood and went to chase after her, but he grabbed you.
"No, wait." he implored. "Don't go. Please."
"No, no. You don't understand." You wrestled yourself out of his grip. Once you were free, you hurried out of the dorm and down the hallway. You managed to catch up to her just outside the building as she was walking down the sidewalk.
"Nenita, wait!" You grabbed her and she immediately pushed you away.
Go away." she hissed angrily before she started walking again.
You kept up with her, refusing to leave. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I didn't.."
She stopped and you. "Don't. Just don't." Tears rolled down her cheeks. "You know how I feel about him. How could you do this to me?"
Your own eyes watered as you rapidly shook your head. "I swear I didn't want this to happen."
"Bull." She sneered her nose in disgust. Then she turned and left.
You watched her walk away for a bit before turning away as well. Defeated, you slowly made you way back into the dormitory. What were you suppose to do now? How could you make this up to Nenita? And what about Yongguk?
At that moment, you reached the door to your dorm room and hesitated. You breathed in deeply several times to prepare yourself, then you opened the door. You glanced around the room and let out a breath when you saw that it was empty. Yongguk must have left when you chased after Nenita.
You sat down on your bed, looking around the room that you shared with your best friend. Guilt weighed heavy in your heart and your eyes started tearing up again. Then your thoughts drifted to Yongguk, and how much you enjoyed kissing him.
Squeezing your eyes shut, you laid down and buried your head under your pillow.

You didn't know how long you laid there until you heard a noise. Pushing the pillow away, you sat up to see Nenita at her dresser.
"Nenita." you whined to get her attention. "Please. Let me explain."
She ignored you though as she grabbed her pyjamas. Then she stormed in to the bathroom without giving you a single glance.
A new wave of guilt overtook you and you closed your eyes as they started watering once more. You slowly breathed in and out, making yourself calm down. Once you felt slightly better, you opened your eyes. Sitting there waiting for her to come out, your gaze wandered over to your desk. You opened the drawer and retrieved the necklace that Yongguk had gifted you. Staring at the pendant, you recalled that night on the porch with him. His fingers lingering on the skin from wanting to touch you, and of course how he had called you beautiful.
The bathroom door opened, causing you to jump and you clasped the necklace in your hand. You watched Nenita toss her dirty clothes in to her hamper and then head to her bed, all while making a point to not look at you.
When she sat down and started fussing with her blanket, you stood up and threw the necklace at her. "Here. Keep it or throw it away. I don't care."
She glanced between you and the necklace in shock. Then her face screwed up in to a sneer. She grabbed the necklace and threw it at the floor. You heard it hit and go sliding but you didn't bother to look at it.
"He gave it to you." Then Nenita muttered under her breath, "Two-faced ."
"I never asked him to." You took a step forward, pleading with her. "I swear I didn't want this. I even avoided him when I could. When you two were together, I left you guys alone."
She stared down at her lap, her jaw clenched tight. "And when did you develop feelings for him?"
That was the last thing you expected for her to ask, but you knew you couldn't lie to her. your lips, you looked down at the floor in guilt. "When I first met him." you quietly admitted.
Nenita scoffed. "Well, aren't you lucky." Then she laid down with her back to you and pulled the covers over her head.
You continued standing there, not sure what else to say, and then let out a quiet sigh. You went to your own dresser and grabbed your pyjamas before disappearing in to the bathroom. After a quick shower and brushing your teeth, you went back in to the dorm room. Nenita was still laying in her bed the same way as before so you simply went over and turned off the light. Then you crawled in to your bed and got comfortable.
Laying there in the dark, you became aware of sounds coming from the opposite side of the room. You squeezed your eyes shut, willing yourself not to cry and to listen to your friend's painful sobbing.