lamb shank

it's not butch love (I swear)

Sooyoung goes to school next day, unable to contain her excitement. She was going to tell her best friends about Jiwoo, the cute butcher whom managed to steal her heart. She warned her mother earlier to not speak a word about her and Jiwoo to them, since she wanted to be the first to tell them. Jinsol and Haseul were already expecting her to come, since they waited by the classroom door and launched a surprise attack on her by the time she walked in through the door.

 

"You little ! I can't believe you didn't tell us about your new crush on some butcher!" Jinsol slaps Sooyoung her arm playfully. Haseul started to pat her on the back as if she was a proud mother. Sooyoung was simply flabbergasted. Since when did they knew about Jiwoo?

 

"How?? Where did you guys even hear this from?" Sooyoung asked frantically, her voice raising. The whole class then diverted their attention to the trio, which prompted Sooyoung to drag her friends to somewhere more secluded so she could interrogate them further without any distraction.

 

"Relax Sooyoung! No one else knows except us," Jinsol slings her arm around Sooyoung's shoulder, leaving the latter even more confused.

 

"You're not answering the question," Sooyoung growls as she stepped away from Jinsol.

 

"Spit it out."

 

Her two friends stared at each other with blank faces. 

 

"Your mom." They sighed in unison. Sooyoung pinched the bridge of her nose in frustration. Of course, she should have known. She knew her mother was quite the tattletale, but to think the fact that her stupid crush on Jiwoo was exposed to her friends by her own mother without her knowledge just made her feel slightly betrayed. 

 

"Come on, tell us more about this girl!" Haseul presses for more, juicy details from Sooyoung. "You falling for anyone only happens once in a blue moon after all!"

 

Sooyoung glanced to her left, and then to her right in case of any unwanted parties. She finds the coast is clear, and takes a deep breath in.

 

"Well it's just- she's really cute," Sooyoung coos fondly, "Her smile is just super dazzling that she could probably put the sun literally out of business, her bubbly personality is just so endearing and- " 

 

Sooyoung stops talking when her best friends just stares with their mouths agape and eyes wide. She suddenly feels very insecure.

 

"W-What?" Sooyoung laughs nervously, her pupils dillating. Jinsol and Haseul gives a look to each other before facing Sooyoung, a smile paving its way to their faces.

 

"Well... you're really smitten for this girl, aren't you?"

 

Sooyoung's face heatens up. She covers her face out of embarassment as her friends attempt to stop Sooyoung from doing so, all while laughing loudly.

 

"So, does she have the hots for you too?" Jinsol asks, her eyebrows wriggling mischievously. Sooyoung reveals her face  a few minutes later but, a rueful smile was present on her face.

 

"Wait, please don't tell us she's ing straight," Jinsol asks, sounding more serious now than before.

 

Sooyoung sighs heavily. "That's the thing- I think she's not like us."

 

Jinsol doesn't want Sooyoung to feel disheartened again, like the last time she fell for a super straight girl. "Did she actually tell you about which way she swung?"

 

Sooyoung bites her lips. "Not exactly but, y'know, her nails were all manicured and too long to be defined as a lesbian."

 

Haseul envelopes Sooyoung into her hold as she rubs the back of Sooyoung's head soothingly. Gosh, this was such a let down to both Sooyoung and her friends.

 

"Aww, don't fret about it!" Haseul pouts, holding Sooyoung tighter than before, "For all we know, she might be a pillow princess?"

 

Jiwoo-? 

 

A bottom? 

 

Sooyoung shook her head and feels like laughing. The same Jiwoo that was probably making all sorts of advances on her at the shop and just turning her heart into mush, that same Jiwoo?

 

"Haseul, you should have seen her. Every inch of her was just screaming girl for God's sake!"

 

Before Haseul could reply, the bell rung loudly in their ears. All the girls looked at each other in panic. Class was starting. They dashed through the empty hallway that was usually packed with students and somehow made it back to the class before the teacher arrived. 

 

"We'll c-continue this conversation- later," Jinsol says, out of breath when they plop on their seats. Sooyoung doesn't say anything since she was also trying to keep her breath in check, so she slightly nodded in agreement instead. When the teacher was teaching, she found herself lost in thought. Her mind kept replaying her meeting with Jiwoo countless of times until she no longer paid attention to the class. 

 

'What was Jiwoo doing right now?' she wonders. She really wants to meet the cute butcher soon.

 

___________________________________________________

 

Jiwoo walked through the hallway, greeting every person she saw with a wide grin on her face. It wasn't unusual to find her in an extremely good mood but today, she felt exceptionally estactic. She might need to thank her mother for dragging her to tend the shop because she got to meet the most beautiful girl she's seen. She giggles quietly to herself. This was definitely a story to be told to her best friend, Kim Jungeun.

 

"Morning!" Jiwoo exclaims as she slides into her seat, then turning to face Jungeun who was sitting behind her. The latter had her head on the table, probably tired since she didn't receive a wink of sleep for the past few days. So, of course, Jiwoo did something what best friends usually did to their exhausted best friends.

 

Wake them up!

 

"Jungueun, I just met the most wonderful girl in my life!" Jiwoo shouts loudly into her friend's ear, making her flinch.

 

"W-Wha?" Jungeun rubs the corner of her eyes and wipes the small drool on the corner of her lips. She proceeds to narrow her eyes at the annoyingly smily girl in front of her and pulled her in by the collar.

 

"I'd kill you right now if I wasn't so tired," Jungeun snarls, her grip on Jiwoo's collar tightening. Unfortunately, Jiwoo wasn't in the slightest bit affected and her grin kept getting wider.

 

"I love you too!" 

 

Jungeun sighs exasperatedly as she slumps back into her seat. Well, so much for her beauty sleep. She envied how her best friend was so giddy and energetic and wonders where she could get some of the stuff she uses.

 

"So?" Jungeun yawns, her hand on to stifle it from coming out, "Who's the 'most wonderful girl' that managed to steal your extremely gay heart this time?"

 

Jiwoo's face brightens up.

 

"You're gonna hear me out?" 

 

"Actually, nevermind I'm gonna go back to slee-"

 

"Jungeun!" Jiwoo whines, a visible pout forming on her face. "Seriously, I think this girl's really special!"

 

Her best friend raises her eyebrow, not completely believing the usual nonsense she spouts almost everyday. Yet, Junguen feels slightly bad for her best friend. She's been wanting a girlfriend so bad these days, but never had any luck. So, she was going to hear the brunette's rant to show that she's actually a good friend.

 

"Continue." Jungeun listens attentively as Jiwoo describes the girl she laid her eyes on at the shop she tended to. The butcher was beaming when she told every single detail she remembered Sooyoung had from the last time they met, from her long silky hair to her body proportions. Jungeun's eyes sparked with curiosity as Jiwoo continued rambling about her customer. She was strangely familiar to Jungeun, but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

 

"Her eyes were just so big and brown, her velvety soft voice whenever she talks and-" Jiwoo was cut off by Jungeun's hands waving in front of her face so she could gain her attention.

 

"By any chance, was the girl you mention had a name like, I don't know, Ha Sooyoung?"

 

Jiwoo gasps, her head bobbing up and down repeatedly in amazement at her friend's precise guess."How'd you know?"

 

Jungeun gapes at Jiwoo. "She's actually pretty well known around the area for being a part-time model for an uprising fashion brand," Jiwoo gulps the hard lump in because whoa, was this a whole lot of information to digest.

 

 "I'm surprised that you haven't even heard of her."

 

Jiwoo doesn't stop blinking her eyes. She cannot believe that she actually striked up a conversation with an actual model. Actually, it shouldn't even be surprising to know that Sooyoung modelled since she was so breathtakingly beautiful. She continues to be dazed until Jungeun snapped her fingers to regain her attention.

 

"I think your chances are pretty slim, though."

 

Jiwoo immediately frowns, her eyebrows furrowed.

 

"Why?"

 

"I heard that she was confessed to almost everyone in her year, both boys and girls included," Jungeun mouths, wanting to be discreet, "And not to mention, most of the students at the school she attended had a reputation for many good-looking faces."

 

Jiwoo then seemed unexpectingly smug after hearing Jungeun's words. "Please Jungeunie! You know that I always find a way to get what I want, and Ha Sooyoung isn't an exception."

 

Junguen scoffs, her eyes rolling at her very shameless best friend. "Look at you being all confident, when you're actually a ing pillow princess."

 

Jiwoo's face flushes slightly as she slaps Jungeun lightly on her shoulder.

 

"Hey! That was totally irrelevant!"

 

Jiwoo continues to blow raspberries bittterly to her unfazed best friend.

 

"Wait, does she even know you're gay?" Jungeun raises an eyebrow as she asked the question. Jiwoo stops blowing raspberries and her tongue was left sticking out in the air. 

 

"Of course!" Jiwoo retorts, then made a face as if she was thinking about her previous statement.

 

"Uh... probably?"

 

Jungeun sighs deeply before roughly yanking Jiwoo's hands, which earned a yelp from the latter, to inspect her fingers closely. "What did I say about your nails the last time you fell for someone?" 

 

"Trim them shorter."

 

"And what did you do?"

 

Jiwoo tries to look at anywhere except her best friend's eyes. "I kept them long." she muttered glumly. Honestly, Jiwoo would have gotten herself a girlfriend so much earlier if she wasn't being so misleading. Her long fingernails was usually the reason why most lesbians gave up on Jiwoo. They'd take it the wrong way and even though some tried to see it in a positive light, possibly hoping Jiwoo was a pillow princess (which she was, by the way) they were stunned when Jiwoo turns very flirty, which was unusual for a supposedly bottom. Eventually, they took her advances as her way of befriending new people when in reality, she was actually trying to be gay.

 

"Haven't you ever thought of topping anyone before?" Jungeun asked, a slight smirk present on her face. Jiwoo vaguely shakes her head and pursed her lips.

 

"Well, I just don't think I would feel anything if I tried to 'do' someone. It's no fun receiving anything in return."

 

"Are you sure about that?" 

 

Jungeun points her fingers to Jiwoo's chest, and leaned forward to whisper in her ear. "Consider this. A goddamn miracle happens, and you somehow get Ha Sooyoung to be your girlfriend-" 

 

"Hey! It can and will happen!" Jiwoo pouts.

 

Jungeun shushes her best friend and continues her prediction. "As I was saying, Ha Sooyoung somehow likes you, probably for your annoyingly cute mutt face. One day, you both happen to be sitting on the side of the bed. Then, she stares at you with the most affectionate gaze you've ever received from her," Jungeun clears as Jiwoo raised an eyebrow.

 

"Jiwoo." Junguen mimics Sooyoung, her pitch slightly higher than usual. 

 

"She doesn't sound like that!" Jiwoo snaps, a hint of annoyance present in her tone, "Sooyoung's voice was heavenly and velvety soft, probably the most beautiful sound you've ever heard of!" 

 

But Jungeun chose to ignore the girl's claim this time and carries on.

 

"You suddenly feel overwhelmed. Ha Sooyoung was looking at you, inviting you, to take care of her, and although you've never been interested in dominating anyone before," Jungeun lowers her tone four octaves deeper, "The desire to make Sooyoung scream and forget everything except your name burns a flame within you."

 

Jiwoo is bright red with embarassment as she hears every word that spoke out of Junguen's mouth.

 

"Oh my god Kim Jungeun-" Jiwoo shoves the latter's very smug face away from her, "How are you so dirty-minded?" She has had enough of all this. How can she fantasize sleeping with Sooyoung when they weren't even dating?

 

"C'mon, just try to give it a think will ya?" Jungeun shoots an underappreciated wink.

 

"No thanks." Jiwoo's ears were still bright red. Jungeun pokes her tongue out, saying Jiwoo was no fun and a boring bottom. She could care less about Jungeun's harmless mocking and focuses back on her fingers. Even though Jungeun was an idiot, she was definitely right that her long, manicured nails were ruining her chances to find a girlfriend. Guess it was finally time to bid farewell to her precious nails, in order to win Sooyoung's heart.

 

"I guess I should trim my nails."

 

"Great to see you taking my advice!" Jungeun claps her hands together, "I juuuust happen to have a nail clipper with me." She starts to rummage through her backpack. A few seconds later, Jiwoo was presented with a silver coloured nail clipper in front of her.

 

"Thanks," Jiwoo suddenly turns suspicious, "Wait, why do you even have this right now?"

 

Jungeun's face had that stupid smirk again. "One must be always prepared, no?"

 

.

 

"Gay." Jiwoo mouths to Jungeun and turns back to the front when the teacher walks in. Throughout the lesson, Jiwoo kept losing concentration and was constantly dazed by Jungeun's stupid words a moment ago. Okay, she'd be downright lying if she said that the thought of pleasuring Sooyoung did not interest her in the slightesttttt bit.

 

Jiwoo keeps thinking about Sooyoung's incredible figure, how soft and supple her skin would feel, her eyes clouded with lust as she grips the back of Jiwoo's clothes tightly to be more closer, her full lips quivering and small whimpers escaping from it as she begs Jiwoo for release, her core so wet and slick that three fingers could slide in easily all at once-

 

 

Jiwoo was incredibly as of now. 'Stupid Jungeun!' She curses the latter internally for even bringing that up and tries to distract herself from the image of Sooyoung beneath her by writing some notes, probably useless, from the whiteboard. She was supposed to be a bottom for God's sake! Her mental image of Sooyoung coming undone in her hands wasn't supposed to excite her!

 

She sighs to herself. 'What was Sooyoung doing?' she wonders. All she knows is, she definitely wants to meet her again.