Blue Screen

Debugging
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Even though Seulgi had rejected Ahreum’s advances towards her, the bear-like girl continued to support her nonetheless. It was flattering, for someone as beautiful as Ahreum to even notice her presence, Seulgi thought to herself as she was being dragged by Jisoo to where the stage was. Unsurprisingly, Moonbyul was already there along with Bogum waiting for their arrival.

 

As soon as the competition had started, and the hosts had finished their respective introductions, Seulgi discovered that Wendy was actually Seungwan, or at least that’s what Moonbyul told her. The bear-like girl wasn’t so sure since she only briefly saw her when they were entering the convention. When Seulgi tried to inquire about Irene’s whereabouts, however, the blinding lights from the stage flashed, revealing the cosplayers strutting confidently on the runway.

 

Loud applause and cheers from the crowd could be heard with each passing model, and the bear-like girl finally realized that Wendy was indeed Seungwan based on her expressive eyes alone. Seulgi grinned and tried her best to wave at Wannie, admiring how beautifully her dress was made, and how it complemented her jewelry.

 

The game designer definitely looked like a royal vampire with how her dark red lipstick contrasted so well with her pale skin. The bear-like girl looked towards her friends who were all screaming for Wendy like there was no tomorrow, and decided to join them as well.

 

When their screams died down, the last model had come out from the smoke and shadows. Seulgi’s jaw slacked when she witnessed Ahreum, dressed up as the fallen angel Baechu saunter forward. It seemed that she wasn’t alone, either, for the whole venue seemed to have gone completely silent. Only the incessant camera shutters could be heard as a pair of wings had suddenly extended from the cosplayer’s back, mesmerizing the whole audience as the dark, tattered wings shimmered against the stage lights. The fallen angel was exuding confidence that no other competitor seemed to have as she spun, showing off her intricately designed ensemble— and Seulgi could’ve sworn Ahreum was in slow motion all of a sudden— and returned backstage.

 

Seulgi let out a breath, unaware that she had held it in the first place.

 

As if on cue, the crowd roared, louder than it had ever been previously. Clapping, whistles and messages of support (if you counted “If Ahreum punched me in the face, I’d thank her!” as such,) could be heard all around the convention grounds.

 

“Wow,” Was all she could say. Behind her, Moonbyul and Bogum were sporting -eating grins.

 

“My Jendeuk really outdid herself this time,” Jisoo said breathlessly, ignoring everyone else.

 

“Damn, none of them stood a chance. That’s our Ahreum!” Bogum whistled, grinning like there was no tomorrow. Seulgi couldn’t help but agree— Ahreum was simply a whole staircase above the rest. If Irene were a bit more confident and into cosplay, Seulgi mused, she’d be able to beat Ahreum easily.

 

“You’re just happy that you have a wingwoman today in the form of Ahreum-ssi. But let’s be real— she’ll steal all yo’ girls,” Marshmell quipped, laughing at the producer who was now frowning.

 

“Psh, joke’s on you, she only seems to have eyes for Seulgi-ssi today,” Bogum commented, smirking at Seulgi.

 

“M-me?” The bear-like girl pointed to herself.

 

“Yeah she talked to you, right? You told me that you bumped into her a while ago,” Joy asked, raising a brow.

 

“You even said that she made a move on you too!” Marshmell said loudly. It was as if she wanted everyone in the venue know what had happened.

 

“Uh-huh, but I um…” Seulgi fidgeted nervously as all of her friends’ eyes were on her.

 

“Don’t tell me you actually rejected The Ahreum, of all people!” Yeri gasped exaggeratedly.

 

“Yeah, I um, well, IkindoflikeIreneunniealreadyimsorry!” Seulgi mumbled out at top speed. Moonbyul’s brows raised and Jisoo was trying her best not to scream on the spot.

 

“Huh, you should try rapping sometime, Seulbear. I think you’d do well,” The team leader commented as she crossed her arms, ignoring the distress on her child’s face.

 

“That’s not the point!” Jisoo yelled, pulling on her own hair, and then roughly shoving Moonbyul with her shoulder.

 

“Shh!” Before Seulgi could even have the chance to ask her what the point was, Joy had shushed all of them, her eyes focused on the stage as the competition continued. Yeri grinned victoriously as she leaned on the tall barista, watching the contest unfold.

 

 

It was no surprise that Ahreum had won first place, both by popularity and by the judges’ scores. And Seulgi was sure that it wasn’t just because she was attractive. The bear-like girl had a newfound admiration for the cosplayer. Her acting skills on stage were spectacular, and she wore her outfit like a queen. She thought that Ahreum’s victory was well deserved, and so did her fans.

 

Although, even if Ahreum did win

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter