Ahreum= true;

Debugging
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Irene slammed the door shut as soon as she arrived home, panting hard as her eyes darted around the room in haste. The developer pushed her glasses up, as the sweat on her face had caused it to slip down.

 

Where is—

 

“Unnie, hey!” Jisoo greeted gleefully, as if she hadn’t called her older sister like her life was on the line. Jennie popped up from behind Jisoo with a gummy smile on her face.

 

“I just finished your outfit, Irene unnie! Why don’t you try it on?”

 

The developer took a deep breath before making her way towards her younger sister. With each step, Jisoo felt as if death was slowly approaching her.

 

“You called me in mock panic,” Irene accused, her sharp eyes seemed to fire lazers as she glared at Jisoo, “Just to tell me that my costume was done,” She said in a calm tone. If her gaze was shooting fiery lazers, then her voice was chilling the room to a dangerously low temperature.

 

Jisoo nodded, biting her lip in fear of what was to come. Jennie could only hide behind Jisoo’s small form.

 

“I, um—” Jisoo tried to speak, but her voice had failed her.

 

“I was at work, Jisoo. I could be doing more important things than—”

 

“We know! But psh, “important” my ,” A new voice interjected as a door could be heard clattering from behind Jisoo and Jennie. The developer sent her glare towards the newcomers, Bogum and Seungwan.

 

Bogum was either too used to Irene’s glares, or putting up the strongest facade Wannie’s ever witnessed to be able to speak so normally towards an angry Bae Joohyun.

 

“I hope you didn’t forget, Irene, that the CCTVs in the office are connected to my phone, and I can watch what’s going on at any time, right?” He said, confidence in his tone. Irene colored significantly at his words, and Bogum launched his next attack.

 

“We noticed that you were… very professional. Right, Wannie?” The producer nudged the game designer as he obnoxiously waggled his eyebrows. He was pretty sure his attacks were super effective, and that Irene was at 1 HP at this point.

 

“Uh-huh. Too bad we weren’t able to watch it live, though. But the replay is just as good,” Seungwan tried her best to follow up, her voice shaking slightly as she spoke. This would not end well for them.

 

“That still doesn’t explain why you called me like that,” Irene ignored them and pointedly glared at Jisoo. “I thought it was an actual emergency, Jisoo. You can’t just joke around like that,” The developer crossed her arms. It didn’t seem like it most of the time, but Irene loved her sister dearly, and anything remotely bad happening to her was something the developer did not want to think about.

 

“Full restore, oof,” Bogum mumbled out, inaudible to the menacing developer. He imagined Irene’s HP bar filling up once more with that retort. Seungwan rolled her eyes and nudged him harshly with her shoulder.

 

“B-but it was an emergency! Your fans need to see you cosplay as Baechu, Ahreum-ssi!” Jisoo feigned confidence as she clasped her hands together theatrically. The developer rolled her eyes at the use of her alias, “Not to mention, the convention is tomorrow and you haven’t spared even a minute this week to try your costume on,” The preppy girl added.

 

Irene bit her lip. Jisoo was right, she didn’t spare any of her time at all to ask about the costume, and everything else she needed for the cosplay earlier. It made her feel bad because she had agreed to this after all, and the developer was someone who was either 0 or 1. There was no in between for her.

Unfortunately, her brain seemed to have underestimated the work she could clear within the week. It didn’t help that someone was being so distracting.

 

Irene shook her head lightly. It felt like there was a bear-shaped virus in her head that she couldn’t get rid of.

 

“Beeesides,” Bogum interjected suddenly, bringing Irene out of her reverie, “You weren’t doing anything too important. You act like you can’t flirt with Seulgi-ssi anytime you want!” Bogum said dramatically.

 

Theatre people, seriously. Irene mused, suddenly hoping that Jisoo wouldn’t be as unnecessarily dramatic as Bogum when she graduated.

 

“I WAS NOT—”

 

“It’s okay, unnie, we all saw what happened,” Jennie spoke up with a sweet smile on her face. “If you keep denying it, it’ll only become worse,” The fashion designer smiled all too sweetly. Before Irene could even come up with a reply, she continued.

 

“But anyway, we have no time to waste! We have to make sure this fits you comfortably. I’m sure you wouldn’t want to disappoint your fans, right? Wannie unnie’s been here waiting for you too so that both of you can try your outfits on at the same time,”

 

Irene heaved a sigh. It’s not like she had a choice to begin with.

 

“Fine,” She conceded and allowed herself to be led towards the bedroom.

 

“Hyunnie, why are you always settling for less?” Jisoo piped up as they entered the room. Bogum stayed behind, opting to play video games in the living room as he waited for them to finish trying the costumes on.

 

“What?” Was Irene’s response, unsure of where this was coming from.

 

“She’s not wrong. You had all the opportunity to kiss her on the lips—” Seungwan interjected.

 

“Wannie!” The developer slapped her best friend’s shoulder, a loud smack echoing into Jisoo’s room.

 

“What? She’s such a cutie, and if you weren’t so smitten for her I’d take my chances!” Seungwan confidently said as she grabbed her costume from where it was hung up.

 

“Like your bad pick up lines would get you anywhere, unnie,” Jisoo said, handing Seungwan various accessories.

 

“Hey! You talk as if Irene’s awkwardness gets her to places,” The game designer fought back, pouting as she tied her hair up into a ponytail.

 

“That’s true. It’s just her face—”

 

“Student loans,” Irene said flatly.

 

“I love you, Hyunnie!” Jisoo tried to pepper her older sister with hugs and kisses, but the developer was quick to sidestep and avoid the preppy girl as much as she could.

 

Irene rolled her eyes. Her sister’s algorithm was too easy to figure out.

 

“Unnies, can you please just try these on already?” Jennie finally spoke up, exasperated as she pushed the outfit towards Irene.

 

“Jennie, take photos of the both of us when we’re ready. I’ll post a little teaser on my page,” Irene said as she took the costume, carefully inspecting the material in her hands.

 

It was time to switch Irene off, and Ahreum on.

 

 

 

“Unnie, as much as I want to support you on the things you love, I don’t think this is my scene,” Seulgi said as the bear-like girl found herself being dragged by none other than Moon Byulyi to a anime convention the next day.

 

“Pshh, you’ll convert to a weeb in no time here!” Moonbyul replied as she continued to hold Seulgi’s wrist. “Now, come on, I think I see Joy over there,”

 

“Joy?” The bear-like girl raised her brows. Never would Seulgi expect the tall girl to attend one of these events. It just never seemed like her thing.

 

“Yeah, she’s with Yerim,” Moonbyul said and smirked. “Although the others are here too, somewhere,” The team leader continued as they browsed through each stall. Seulgi simply nodded in understanding as she looked over the art displays and the vibrant costumes that various cosplayers donned.

 

“If there’s anything you want, just tell me,” Moonbyul said before scanning the shelves for merch she could buy for Solar.

 

“Oka—” Seulgi was unable to finish her reply as her jaw decided to stop functioning entirely. The bear-like girl’s eyes landed on one of the cosplayers who had just come in from the convention entrance not so far away.

 

Before she could even zone in on how gorgeous the girl looked, she was surrounded by people. Camera shutters could be heard across the room— it was as if an A-list celebrity had walked in. Seulgi wasn’t so surprised  because whoever she was looked absolutely stunning even if the bear-like girl only managed to see a glimpse.

 

“Ahreum-ssi!”

 

“Look over here please, senpai!”

 

“STEP ON ME PLEASE!”

 

Screams from fans could be heard from every corner of the venue. The flock of people only seemed to grow as time passed. Seulgi glanced towards Moonbyul who was grinning widely, her eyes focused on the crowd that sur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter