Where Jisoo as a Mom and a Friend

✨Damn Goddesses✨
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

          C H A P T E R  3   

 

 

“Miss Kim, the flowers you ordered are here”


 

“Thank you, Ms. Hong. Just put it on my desk”


 

Ms. Hong, Jisoo’s newly hired maid, then took her leave. When Jisoo was sure that she’s alone and that nobody would even hear a word on her phone call, she returned the phone on her ear.


 

“Sorry, mom. Just a little interruption. You were saying?”


 

“So you’re father and I were wondering if we should let you take over our coffee shops. We think it’s about time we hand it out to someone”


 

“But mom, you guys are making tons of money with that. I thought you’re going to manage it until you’re old. Why are you giving it to me now? And why me? What about unnie?”


 

“Sweetie, you know your unnie has been busy taking care of her kids and you know that she just bought a house of her own and is well off right no--”


 

Jisoo clicked her tongue. She felt stupid that she figured it out a bit slowly. Her parents were never supportive for the course that she chose. Jisoo loved to write ever since she was a child but her parents never really thought of it as something that would bring fortune. And now that they figured out that Jisoo’s never going to shift her course to something else, they were panicking, fearing that their daughter would end up broke and hungry, so they thought of doing what they felt was the best : Giving your business to your child. Although she appreciated the sweet gesture, she was annoyed that her parents already thought of her downfall when she hadn’t even started yet.


 

Suddenly, whatever her mom was saying became blurry. “Mom, I’m not feeling so well. Can we just talk about this later on?”


 

She didn’t bother to wait when she hung up. She sighed as she plopped down to her couch, her son Dalgom quickly joined her side. “Parents, huh? Dalgomie? Good thing your Mom is so cool, isn’t that right?” She was about to tickle to poor dog but the said dog grumpily looked -- glared -- at her like an old man and then quickly left her side.


 

“Yah! Dalgom-ah! Wae? What’s wrong with me!? Where did my parenting go wrong?”


 

She was about to ask Dalgom for further explanations when her phone vibrated.


 

Avocado Rose : Seulgi still in her room sulking and shouting ‘Stupid Jisoo’ every 5 minutes. This is wendy btw.


 

Avocado Rose : And I’m totally not texting you on Rose’s phone because im concerned abt her or anythin. Im just seriously creeped out. We cant practice properly here in OUR dorm cuz of her


 

Avocado Rose : seriously, do something. we think she’s possessedt.


 

Another sigh of the day escaped from Jisoo’s mouth. Maybe she should be the bigger person and apologize.


 

“hEy sluggie, im so sorry...”


 

Jisoo smiled after she hit send. She thought of other words to say.


 

“soRry that you think i owe u an apology when ur stupid hit post when u snatched my phone. u know what they say, karma is a ”


 

Be the bigger person? Maybe not today.

 

 


 

“Joy. I don’t know what crack you were hitting when you signed us up, but dude! What the hell! The other teams are so good!” Wendy almost threw the paper she was holding.


 

“We’re not weak, unnie! Plus, look at the price money. With our voices together and MY face, we’re definitely going to kick some ! What do you say, Chaeng?”


 

Rose was about to take another bite of her taco but she stopped for a while to answer, “I don’t know, Joy. Maybe… ask us first next time?”


 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter