Mangow pwaper

✨Damn Goddesses✨
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
C H A P T E R 7

 

 

“Joohyun, sweetie. We’re here”

 

A poised woman at the age of late twenties stopped her car at the front of a humble home overlooking the view of the mountain. The weather was perfect. It was windy but it wasn’t too cold. She always wanted to go to back to her hometown that was Daegu and alas, she was at the very road of the said city. But she wasn’t there to go back home, no, she was there for a start of a new life.

 

A young beauty of age nine, situated on the passenger seat, felt the warmth of her mother’s hand on her cheeks. Young Joohyun, albeit awake, still kept her eyes closed. The mother smiled, gently tapped her shoulder and said, “Joohyun baby, I know you’re awake”

 

And Joohyun thought she would have fooled her mother. Knowing that it was pointless to continue with her shenanigans, she opened her eyes and looked at her mom with a pout and with eyes saying, Do we really have to go?

 

Like a mind-reader, her mom responded with “Of course, baby. This is our new life now” then pampered her daughter’s forehead with kisses. “You can finally study again. Don’t you want that? A good bed in a good place where there are no scary ahjussi’s outside. And when you get home, I can cook you your favorite tteokbokki. Isn’t that great, Joohyun-ah? Smile for me, please?”

 

Joohyun nodded and smiled.

 

“Oh there’s my pretty Joohyun!” The mother coaxed. She took a moment to look at her daughter.

 

She felt sorry for her daughter. She made a lot of mistakes in her life but nothing could ever match the mistake of marrying Joohyun’s father. He was a headstrong businessman. Everyone who knew him would certainly guarantee of his skill. He was at the top of his game. A family man. Everybody was jealous of him and his family.

 

That was until he lost grasp of himself and became something… darker. It first started with the parties at their mansion. Then it was the ladies. Then it became the drugs. And then, the downfall of their business.

 

She hated the fact the she still didn’t leave him at that time. It was love. He was her first love.

 

She did everything she could to hide those horrible things that man did to their family from Joohyun.

 

He was still, after all, a good father to Joohyun; despite how rotten he had become. Joohyun really looked up to him and cherished him.

 

She wanted to leave but doing so would break Joohyun.

 

Until, he did something she couldn’t hide anymore.

 

She couldn’t hide the bruises. She couldn’t hide the black eye. She couldn’t hide the scars.

 

She knew that she wasn’t safe with that man. Joohyun wasn’t safe with that man. No one was safe with that man. She has to do it. She sneaked Joohyun and moved out to a trailer park. With the help of a powerful friend, she went through a divorce and got Joohyun’s custody.

 

But it was all too much to take for little Joohyun. After the divorce, she never spoke a word.

 

Not a single word.

 

She felt so guilty for her child but it had to be done. She hoped that Joohyun would understand someday. She tried talking to Joohyun about seeking for a professional consultation but Joohyun was extremely against it. Days without speaking turned into weeks. Weeks turned into months. There was still no progress for her little princess.

 

Life for her had changed so much. She found another haven in a form of new love. A man she once met at a coffee shop. A lot had happened after that fateful encounter, and alas here they were on the streets of Daegu to start a new life together. And she hopes, she really hopes for Joohyun to open up to this new change.

 

Joohyun noticed that her mom had taken her to a humble home. It wasn't as huge as their old mansion but it wasn't that bad.

 

“Hello Joohyun, I am Chang Min. It’s nice to finally meet you” a man lowered to his knees so he could level his eyes to Joohyun’s. “I know that this might be overwhelming for you, but I hope we get along well. I will try my hardest to look out for you”

 

Joohyun looked at him from head to toe. He was so handsome that the word handsome seemed to be an understatement. Joohyun's father was handsome. She hated handsome men so this guy wouldn't pass. She stared at his eyes apathetically.

 

“O-okay, dear! Goodness, me. Joohyun might be tired from all the driving. Joohyun sweetie, would you like to see your new room? It’s very big sweetie and it’s full of purples too! I am certain you would love it!”

 

The feisty nine year old crossed her arms and furrowed her eyebrows.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter