Somebody that I used to know

The truth untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seokjin had always been an early bird so it's not hard for him to wake in the mornings, long before the sunshine reach the windows. Pushing the sheets aside, he walked outside to check the other room if the other one is still sleeping, which thankfully he is because if he isn't, it won't be a peaceful morning for making pancakes, as the little one eagerly wants to bother him by trying to help him cook but just ruin ingredients in the process.


 

He then went to the kitchen to make a coffee for himself and stepped to the patio for a little bit. He saw the sun peeking graciously and drenching the horizon and he basked at its warmth for a bit then went back inside to start the chocolate pancakes. Walking inside, he thought he saw something in his peripheral vision so he stopped, nothing unusual at the sofa, so he continued the journey to the kitchen to open the cupboard. He then heard something again but he didn't mind and smiled slightly, feigning innocence. He was sure he heard soft giggles nearby, and again he pretended not to hear.  Opening the carton slowly, he listened carefully as there are small giggles now nearing him. He suddenly turned that made the little one squeak and squeal. Their series of laughters bellowed the house as he grabs and spin the little one in his arms. He gently placed him to sit over the counter to attack him with small kisses and endless tickles which the little one tried to dodge as much but to no avail.

 

“I thought you didn't noticed Appa! I tried really hard to hide this time!” The little one frantically whined, his words are loud and clear even when he spoke too fast for a five year old would.

 

“Haha, nice try baby... Appa almost didn't noticed you! But why are you up so early dear Sungjae?Hmmm?” he took him to a proper seat and went around to start again with breakfast.

 

“I want to see sunrise with Appa…Appa really likes sunrise, Sungjae wants to see it too!” the little one replied, his hands clasping each other slightly. Seokjin smiled and pat the young one’s head.

 

“You should've told Appa, don't worry, we'll watch sunrise tomorrow, that okay? We'll watch it together everytime we can.” He kissed the young ones forehead, trying not to cry. He’s such a crybaby for him. He didn't know what did he do to deserve such a sweet kid.


 

As usual, the young one tried to meddle on his cooking so he decided to put him on the tall stool to watch him cook and flip the pancakes playfully. Breakfast come done with their faces smeared of honey and chocolate syrup.


 

~~~~

 

“I assume you forgot to tell me about the recommendation Ken was informing everyone about aren't you?”

 

“That's a handful of words for a greeting, I would assume too, Kim Seokjin,” the man replied chuckling. “And what a loose lipped being is that assistant of yours, I clearly told him not to tell anyone yet!”

 

“You should've known, you live with him. He can't keep a secret even for a minute.”

 

Seokjin was wiping the last bit of the marble counter as everything was ready for them to close the restaurant for the day.


 

“Speaking of which, where is that doll of my life?”

 

“At the storage, checking inventory for tomorrow. You know we are busiest on Saturdays, we can't go running out of stocks just in case,” he placed the kitchen wipe on the sink and washed his hands before removing the apron on him.

 

“I was just talking to a friend that time and he popped out of nowhere, asking when he heard the word 'place to eat’ in our conversation,” Jin smiled at his reactions, it must have been entertaining to watch Ken popping out of some corner saying, 'who are you talking to?’ and disappearing with a shrewd smile but that was just his imaginations running. Knowing Ken, he might do that, given the idea.

 

“So, you really did? You recommended us to someone famous?”


 

“Yep, You know Steve Aoki? He's a music producer at the States. Pretty famous as I would say,” Hyosang said, waiting for some sort of reply from Jin. “You don't watch the news do you?” Jin was now checking his computer typing, he wordlessly shook his head, “I do watch the news, for news alone. Though his name is quite familiar. You perfectly remember why I stopped doing mukbang shows right?” Jin walks towards a secret cabinet on the left side then taking his laptop bag out to set it on the countertop. He has to email one of his suppliers before he forgets it again.

 

Hyosang sighed, remembering the time that Jin had used the internet to start some sor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter