It must have been love

The truth untold
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happily ever after.


 

The last three words we believe to be the ending of every fairytale story there is. The only ending everyone accepts after the two protagonists realize their love for each other and fight all the odds to be together.


 

Seokjin wished that was true. That those three words can be brought in real life. Unfortunately, it stays in fairytales where it belongs. Then again, Seokjin cannot ask for more. If this was the happily ever after of his story, he won't ask for much.


 

Even if Namjoon wasn't in it.


 

Jin closes the book and draws his hand on the embossed title, 'the sleeping beauty’, kissed the forehead of the sleeping one and slowly, silently walks to the door. Closing it only halfway, he bid one last look and went to the kitchen for a glass of water.


 

Maybe this kind of continuation is enough. Though in his heart he misses the man so much, he can't return the feelings he had already ruined. The words they both said to hurt each other. The goodbye that didn't end with a word or hug but a sharp closing of a door that never opened again for that same person. His memories of him is as clear as the day he left, six years to be exact.


 

Rain started to pour outside. Thankfully, it's just rain or  else the little one’s sleep will be disturbed, and he didn't want that little monster crying out of fear. He never wanted to see him cry, more than anything.


 

It continues to pour and Jin can hear drops met his windows. And as the rains drowns the world, he also drowns himself in tears. Before, he always cry because he misses Namjoon. Now, he didn't know, it's been six years and he should have been over him ages ago. But he let himself drenched with unwiped tears.

 

Until the soft howls of winds outside lulled him to sleep.


 

~~~


 

Jin woke up early as always. He removed the arms that enveloped him and smiled. A sad smile. Namjoon got home late again. He waited for him until midnight. Because yesterday was their 3rd anniversary. He did not asked for much. Not even a date at a restaurant because they both know they can't afford the luxury that much. Hence, he chose not to. So he just prepared a candlelight dinner for the both of them with the best of his thrifty abilities, he was able to produce a decent meal.


 

It's been two years when Namjoon dropped out of college to full time being a trainee at a company called 'Big Hit’. Two long years, and he and Yoongi didn't have their 'big hit’ yet. He tried to help him as much as he can, because his family cut his allowances since the training started. He faced the fury of his parents head on. His mother contacted him immediately after hearing the news, but he assured her that he will finish his studies and only Namjoon plus Yoongi was signed.


 

At the first months it was okay. They trained almost everyday but he will come back every night and they talked about their days in each others arms until they fall asleep. But as the day goes by it becomes less and less. Until at most times Jin wakes up alone. The maknaes cheers him up all the time knowing how he was stressed of Namjoon's schedule. On their 2nd anniversary he came late and drunk, but Jin disregarded it because he was there. He still came home. He didn't even gave him a cold shoulder when he admitted that he forgot and he was stuck in the company dinner that's why he's late.


 

He even worked double time just to support him, one at a cafe and other as a waiter at a restaurant. He gave him everything without even asking.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter