(parallel)

Lucid Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey.”

Frowning at Donghae’s tired voice and eyebags he asks, “Are you doing okay? It’s summer vacation, shouldn’t you be resting more?”

Donghae lets out a sigh and lies on his bed, flinging his phone on his bed. Filling the screen with the ceiling; forcing Hyukjae to share the same view as Donghae.

He can’t see Donghae’s face, but he’s sure that the other is staring forlornly at the ceiling.

There’s silence as Donghae doesn’t answer.

Finally, “I haven’t been sleeping well since exams were over. How am I supposed to meet my soulmate if I can’t even sleep?”

Hyukjae looks away from his screen, trying to figure out something he can say to comfort him. “I know it’s difficult now, but you’ll see them eventually.”

“I just don’t want to wait anymore.”

He in a breath and aches at that, Hyukjae understands all too well how that feels. The fact that he can’t see his soulmate and can’t do anything about it. But recently, he isn’t even concerned about his absent soulmate. He’s far more infatuated with Donghae but the other is caught up with his own soulmate.

With Donghae unable to sleep, they’re no closer to being together, and Hyukjae’s forced himself to admit that this fantasy of his is never going to happen.

 |  |  |

 

Hyukjae goes to sleep that night hoping to dream of Donghae, while Donghae is trying to see someone else.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter