beyond (my reach)

Lucid Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

For as long as Donghae could remember, he could always hear a voice calling to him from the other side of his dreams.

He thinks it’s terribly unfair, most soulmates meet in their dreams and could actually see each other, talk to each other. Spend time with one another while they slept.

But Donghae knows the world isn’t fair and from his blurry memories, he can faintly hear his soulmate calling to him.

Don’t let go of me.

He’s tried everything to even catch a glimpse of the other’s face, Donghae sleeps every second he can; sometimes in class or quickly eating his lunch in five minutes because he spent the former portion sleeping in the courtyard.

 Sighing since it’s no longer summer and he can no longer sleep the days away, he takes a look at his new classmates.

He doesn’t bother making friends with the people around him, they’re all too busy with each other. They’re the exact opposite of him, eager to make new friends in their new school year. Donghae doesn’t have anyone like that, he’s too busy sleeping to converse with others and form friendships.

But he’s okay with that, he’s been alone for years; not needing anyone else.

Or perhaps he was just waiting for a particular person.

He rests his head on the little tray table, closing his eyes hoping to block out all the voices and sleep a little. Despite the chatter and unlikely setting, Donghae has always been able to fall asleep quickly and today was no different.

As he’s pulled into his dream, that voice gets clearer and clearer.

Don’t let go of me. I—

“Hey.” Someone gently taps his shoulders waking Donghae.

Quickly standing up he’s ready to let his fist come in contact with whoever’s face that just woke him up. Just when he was finally about to hear a new sentence from his soulmate.

He stops short when his eyes meet the offending person. He notices that he’s a few centimeters taller than him, and very handsome. He’s also smiling warmly at Donghae and the smile melts away his anger and he no longer feels like punching his handsome face.

“Is someone sitting here?” He points to the seat next to Donghae and his smile widens some more when Donghae shakes his head.

Donghae sits down again and lays his head for the second time, hoping that he can enter his dream again where he left off.

His hopes are quickly dashed when he hears a voice from the right saying, “My name is Hyukjae, what’s yours?”

Frustrated that this Hyukjae can’t leave him alone, he sits up and gives a curt reply. “Donghae.”

His reply seems to satisfy Hyukjae as he faces forward and begins to hum to himself.

| | | | |

Hyukjae comes and sits with Donghae every lecture they have together, even going as far as to forcing Donghae to join his group. He only ever does his part and then immediately goes to sleep.

It’s strange, while Donghae can’t see his soulmate, it’s undeniable that they’re almost attainable when he’s sleeping around Hyukjae. The brightness di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter