i'm (not) sorry

Lucid Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae still isn’t satisfied with the way their last talk ended, he still has so much to say but Donghae isn’t willing to listen. He never leaves his room unless it’s for class, and then he refuses to leave with Hyukjae.

In the end, Hyukjae resorted to leaving earlier so that Donghae wouldn’t be late to class.

He has one last thing he wants to say before he is willing to let go.

“Donghae!” Hyukjae is sure that Donghae wouldn’t let him in, but he’s willing to say his piece from the outside of his door.

“How am I supposed to fall in love with someone I can’t see? You’ve been right in front of me all this time, but I can’t even be honest. Because in the end, your soulmate isn’t me nor some I could even compare to.”

You’re wrong, Donghae wants to say. You’ve been more important than my soulmate since the third time we’ve met.

But he doesn’t, biting back the words and tears, because it was decided that they couldn’t be together.

“Please, just leave me alone. I hope your soulmate finds you and you’re happy.”

How can you fall in love with someone who isn't supposed to be yours?

There was someone out there, meant for Donghae. Someone who shows up in his dreams and they're undeniably linked together. What if they get together and Donghae finds his soulmate? How could he leave Hyukjae further in the dark and with even colder memories?

It was thoughts like these that leave Donghae sniffling, digging his palms into his eyes to stop the tears. 

Hyukjae never responds, and Donghae isn’t sure when he even left.

Even though they’re not together now, his mind is still filled with thoughts of Hyukjae.

As if their happy days together never existed, Donghae coldly pushes it out.

He doesn’t feel better.

| | |

His cousin Taemin, is also in Hyukjae’s dance club, and he gives occasionally gives him little updates about Hyukjae.

He mentions how Hyukjae stays later than everyone else, practicing the latest, he’s still there in the morning. But Taemin isn’t sure if he just got there early, or if he ever left.

He even mentions how Hyukjae has a complex, always muttering while dancing, how it wasn’t enough; how he wasn’t enough.

Hyukjae is like a passing shadow in the apartment, Donghae not even catching a glimpse of him anymore.

Donghae got what he asked for, Hyukjae keeping his distance.

But with him so far away, Donghae isn’t sure what he wants anymore.

He spends his nights thinking, he doesn’t feel like trying to see his soulmate anymore. He was content without searching before, happy even; but that was when Donghae had Hyukjae by his side.

Instead the dull ache in his chest has become his only company, persisting when Donghae wishes it would just go away.

Now every night he’s lonely, miserable, and sick of it.

With the excuse of love, they avoided each other. What are they now? Telling each other, and themselves; lies.

If he had accepted his love, would they have been okay?

It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter