Epilogue

Flower Shower

“So, this is what Yerin-eonni did,” Yewon giggled, settling her chopsticks inside her now empty bowl of ramen. She openly smiled when Yerin turned her head down, blush rising up to her ears under Eunbi’s baffled eyes.

            It was a Friday night, two weeks after Eunbi had officially recovered, and they went out to eat something greasy and unhealthy since Eunbi had been eating hospital food for way too long. Yewon had suggested the ramen restaurant near the Academy and there they were. Yerin was wearing gymnastic clothes, for she was practicing a choreography; Eunbi and Yewon, on the other hand, had jeans and simple t-shirts. The weather was warm, and the day had been good.

            Things really felt better.

            “Eonni, I can’t believe you said those things to Wooyoung,” Eunbi said, chuckling. Yewon had been filling her up with what happened during the period she was hospitalized and the story about how Wooyoung had the nerve to walk to Yerin came up. “That guy is really something else. And he totally had it coming. Ah, seriously, I’m impressed, eonni,” Eunbi nudged the older with her shoulder and Yewon laughed at the sight. “I’m happy you said those things.”

            “It was really cool,” Yewon added, much to Yerin’s demise, “she didn’t even know who he was, but it was like she had a sixth sense or something. Yerin-eonni practically stepped on him like cockroach—”

            “Oh, my God. Can you two stop? It was nothing impressive,” Yerin grumbled and stuffed with rice.

            “Except it was, eonni. There aren’t many people who can see Wooyoung’s true self and it’s pretty satisfying that you did it. I’m proud.”

            Yewon tried to not coo at how cutely Yerin smiled at that.

            “But, um, you guys don’t have to tell me if you don’t want,” Yerin frowned, “but what really happened with him? What did he do?”

            Yewon and Eunbi exchanged a look and the dancer deeply exhaled. “It’s kind of a messy story. For a long time, it was only me and Yewon; we’d hang out together and don’t interact much with others and everything, but it came a time that our schedules didn’t meet up that much and we were forced to deal with our colleagues.”

            “Wow, isn’t that terrible.”

            “It is,” Eunbi answered, missing the ironic tone in Yerin’s voice, which only caused Yewon to suppress a smile. “So, Wooyoung came to me. He was actually this really intelligent guy that wasn’t that good at dancing, but nobody ever bothered to ask him what he was doing at our practices. He was super friendly, of course, and I don’t know, I was alone, and it was nice to talk to someone during the day,” Eunbi shrugged and Yerin encouragingly hummed. “We became friends, I guess, at least I considered him my friend. He was one of the few that wasn’t scared by my eyes or, uh, my resting face as Yewon like to call it, and it was funny to talk to him, but…”

            “But?” Yerin tilted her head to the side, bringing a hand to Eunbi’s nape, slowly drawing circles on her skin.

            Yewon spoke before Eunbi this time. “But he started making weird requests, eonni. Like, we all knew he was very good with computers and stuff like that, but he started asking Eunbi to put flash drives in the teacher’s laptop and things like that and that was just plainly creepy, you know?”

            “Yeah,” Eunbi sighed. “But I did it, you know? Because he was my only friend beside Yewon and I thought that a few flash drives weren’t nothing bad. I thought he was just trying to prank the teacher with some virus or I don’t know… but it turned out that he was stealing information from the college’s database.”

            “What?!”

            “I know, unbelievable, right?” Yewon grunted. “The little er was selling exams and answer sheets to other rich students and he was using Eunbi to do the dirty work.”

            Eunbi hummed. “I found out about it from one of the students, though, and I was very pissed off by it, so I decided to tell the teacher about it. But it turned out the little er found out I was going to tell on him and made up a story that I was the one who forced everything.”

            “Oh, my ing God,” Yerin gasped, “that’s… that’s ing illegal.

            “I know, eonni,” Eunbi sighed, “but he had covered pretty well and I was just so furious when the headmaster came to me saying that they wouldn’t hand me to the police if I quietly accepted the responsibility. Of course, I was livid, and I ended up going after Wooyoung and…”

            “And then you broke his nose,” Yerin completed and Eunbi nodded. “Holy ing . I did an internship for a couple of months and missed all of this juice? Ouch, sorry, babe, but that was a really mad story.”

            Yewon snorted as Eunbi proceeded to elbow Yerin once more. “But, yeah, eonni, things were basically like that. Eunbi had to admit in the end to something she hadn’t done since there were no proofs to her defense. Wooyoung left the college short after it all happened, though, it was probably another one of his dirty works or something. I don’t know.”

            “I see… but there isn’t really no proof? Like, I don’t know, text messages or something?”

            “No,” Eunbi shaked her head, “he always gives his way of deleting it all. I just gave up at some point.”

            Yerin pouted and wrapped her arms around Eunbi. “My baby girl has suffered so much in life.”

            Both Yewon and Eunbi giggled at that.

            Yewon watched as they changed the topic and became lost in each other’s eyes.

            The couple was simply adorable together and, even though Yewon felt somewhat left out when they talked to each other, it was good to see them smiling after all the ordeal from the previous weeks.

            It all had happened so fast and so chaotically that she didn’t even have time to think about her own life. Sure, she had problems and anxiety concerning her college’s work, but everything was left behind with Eunbi’s illness. Now, that everything seemed settled down, her mind was slowly returning to its normal pace, but there was something off and she couldn’t point out what it was.

            There was nothing wrong with Yerin and Eunbi, that’s for sure, and Wooyoung hadn’t dare to talk to them again, but still, it felt like something wasn’t right yet.

            “And you, Yewon-ah, what did you do today?”

            At Eunbi’s question, Yewon snapped back to reality. The singer shyly smiled and shrugged. “Nothing much, really. Since you two were busy, I just stayed at the studio working on some stuff and that was it.”

            With a very unimpressed look, Eunbi quirked an eyebrow. “And then I’m the one who needs more friends?”

            “Hey! I have friends,” Yewon protested, slightly pouting. “It’s just that… it’s more fun to hang out with you two… not like my other friends aren’t nice or something, but, um…”

            Yerin chuckled. “What about that senior of yours? What was her name, baby?”

            “Choi Yuna, eonni,” Eunbi answered, resting her head on Yerin’s shoulder.

            “Yes, Choi Yuna. What about her? Don’t you like hanging out with her too?”

            At that, Yewon visibly deflated. “Yuna-sunbae is doing an internship right now. I guess she won’t be around much now.”

            With her head hanging low, Yewon missed the look Yerin and Eunbi exchanged.

            “Why don’t you call her to have lunch together? I’m sure she’ll like that.”

            Hesitating, Yewon frown. “Do you really think she will like it? I don’t want to bother her or anything—”

            “No! I’m sure you won’t bother her,” Eunbi vigorously shaked her head. “You should definitely call her. Why don’t you do it now? Maybe texting is better since it’s kind of late now—eonni, what do you think?”

            “I think texting is really a nice option.”

            “You guys really think so…” Yewon look at her phone and the couple before her vehemently nodded. “Um… alright, I will, then.”

            There were a series of strangled giggles and wheezes from the other two girls and Yewon decided to ignore it as she shakingly opened the chat window. She stared at Yuna’s profile picture at the superior corner and bit her lower lip.

            “Go, go! Text her!” Yerin giggled and Yewon sighed, holding back a smile.

            Yeah, maybe things weren’t quite perfect yet, but she had a feeling that with the two of them, things weren’t going to be bad ever again.

            And Yewon was fine with that.