Chapter 6

One Letter Coffee 2.0

The Halloween party eventually came to an end. Jongdae was still nowhere to be found and it would’ve been nice if the younger had at least sent a text or something since Junmyeon was the one driving. He wasn't surprised he went somewhere with Chanyeol, but still. A text would’ve been nice. 

"Are you leaving?" Junmyeon looked up from the phone in his hand. Still nothing from Jongdae. He could go look, but he’d rather not stumble across him and Chanyeol. "What? You want me to leave? What’s the hurry?" Yifan laughed, wrapping an arm around his shoulders. "There’s no hurry, but I don’t want you to stay up too long. Don’t want you tired at work tomorrow do we?"

Junmyeon smiled at him, shoving his phone into his pocket. "It’s not that late."

 

Yifan took a look at his wrist, checking the time. "It’s almost one o’clock, Jun. That’s late for you who’s got work at seven tomorrow. It’s only six hours until your shift starts."

Six hours? That meant just barely five hours of sleep. And Jongdae was still nowhere to be found. "Really? I should go find Jongdae. He’s been missing for hours-." Yifan patted his shoulder, chuckling. "Oh, he’s long gone."

"What do you mean?" Junmyeon asked, wondering what he was on about. Long gone? "Where is he? Where did he go?"

"He left with Chanyeol ages ago."

"What? I’ve been standing here for ages, worrying about him and he just left?" Junmyeon was almost offended. "And how do you know that? He hasn’t even sent a text."

 

"Luhan saw them leaving when he was on his way back from the basement."

 

"Well. I’ll just go home then. I’ve got to take all of this off and get ready for bed. Maybe I’ll get some hours of sleep." Yifan smiled at him, letting go of him. "It was great that you came," he said and the two shared a quick, soft kiss. "And you look great by the way, though I’d imagined you as more of an angel. But anyway, off you go. You need sleep, Jun."

 

 

Junmyeon eventually got home and after getting out of his costume, leaving it in a pile on the floor, washing his face and brushing his teeth he got under his blankets, falling asleep in the matter of seconds.

Around five hours later he was back behind the counter. As much as he’d love to sleep five hours more, bonus points if he got to spend them with Yifan. 

 

Yifan had been at his apartment a few times, either alone or with someone else, either his own friends or Junmyeon’s. Junmyeon’s apartment was nothing like Yifan’s, the guy was a billionaire after all, but Yifan liked it, that’s what he’d told him at least. It was cozy and warm, just like Junmyeon. 

He’d slept over before so it would be nothing new, as in actually slept over. They’d been sleeping, not doing any funny business like Jongdae most likely would. They would drink some cups of hot chocolate or tea and eat a little before going to bed where they talked for hours about anything from when they met to why the sky is blue.

 

Junmyeon was doing great with Yifan. They went on dates once in a while, either a dinner date or something else like shopping or just a walk. They talked practically everyday through the phone or in person if Yifan decided to drop by. 

 

This time it wasn’t Yifan though. Just like last time, it was Luhan who walked through that door, dressed up as always. 

 

"Hi!" Junmyeon flashed him a smile as the other male stopped in front of him. "How did cleaning up after the party go?"

"Oh, it was so much fun," Luhan sarcastically said and Junmyeon just laughed, relieved he didn’t have to help. He didn’t mind cleaning his apartment or the coffee shop, but a huge venue after a Halloween party was a lot worse. 

"I got to clean until like three am. I haven’t had that much fun in years." Junmyeon couldn’t help but laugh. Of course he felt bad for the guy, but still. When you’re having a party, you have to clean as well.

 

"Didn’t you get any help?" Junmyeon asked, an eyebrow raised. "You didn’t clean it up on your own right? It wasn’t just your party."

"Of course I didn’t do it on my own. I’d done enough already." Luhan wasn’t looking at him, rather the menu behind him. It didn’t seem like he was looking for anything though. "I’ll have Yifan’s favourite."

"Oh, so you’ve gotten into it as well?"

"Maybe... It is pretty nice." Luhan nodded, keeping his eyes on the menu. "Yifan has good taste."

 

"Here you go. One LaVa Latte for this lovely accountant," Junmyeon said with a smile as he placed the cup down. "Thank you, lovely barista." He was about to pick it up, but stopped. "I want a letter written on it today too. I need it for something."

"Alright. Which one?"

"O."