Going Public

Irene's Little Guardian Angel

Red velvet has just finished their pre recording for music bank, the schedule is very tight and it is as expected on every comeback. With the lack of sleep, strict diet, and very busy schedule, the members bound to get sensitive, just like now.

"Why did you have to do that?!" Seulgi asked Joy with gritted teeth.

"What? What did I do?" Joy feigned her innocence, angering Seulgi even more.

"You ate my pringles! Without permission! And it was my last bottle too! I need it to boost my mood!" Seulgi stomped her foot, eyes glistening, and her nose flaring.

Wendy quickly goes to her GF to calm her down. She rubs Seulgi's back and kisses her cheeks repeatedly to reduce her anger." Baby, calm down. Don't use your already little energy to something useless, okay? I have a bar of chocolate in my bag. You can eat it for now then we can buy a whole bunch of pringles later after our schedule finished, okay baby?"

Irene sighs in relief seeing it. Thank you, Seungwannie. I don't know what will happen if we let those two fight.

Seulgi turns her attention at Wendy and pouts sadly. She burries her head on Wendy's shoulder to express her disappointment. "Seungwannie.. Sooyoung was being mean! I was looking forward to cuddling with you and eat the chips together. We haven't had time to do anything together ever since our comeback, and I missed it. I mean, I still want to eat your chocolate but I want the pringles too.. "

Wendy smiles widely at her cute bear of girlfriend. She hugs Seulgi tightly to shows her desperation too then pats her cute ." Baby, I'm sorry I made you felt neglected. I'll make it up to you after our comeback, okay? We can go traveling together or just have a date on your favourite spot, anything you like."

Seulgi nods her head cutely then pecks Wendy. "Love you."

Wendy giggles then returns the kiss. "I love you too, you dumb bear. Now go apologize to Sooyoung. I know that you have every right to get angry with her, but you shouldn't shout at your dongsaeng." Wendy sees how Seulgi's eyes dropped in guilty. This is one of many reasons why she loves Seulgi very much. Her kind heart. Wendy pushes Seulgi lightly to Joy's direction as an encouragement, not forgetting to pats her bums.

 

Meanwhile on the other side, Joy is getting it from her little spicy girlfriend. "How many times do I have to tell you to get permission before eating other people's food?!"

"Oh so this is my fault? Seulgi Unnie never gets angry when I ate her food before! So how should I know that this one is special?" Joy shouts back at Yeri.

"It has nothing to do with Seulgi Unnie angry or not! It's called manner! Don't you get it?!" Yeri's voice getting louder with Joy's rebuttal.

"Oh so now you insult me?! I have a manner! I know what manner is! And i still don't get what the big deal is! I can just buy her a new one!"

"You thick headed woman! Taking without permission is called stealing! Not only stealing is not polite, it's also a crime! Maybe this time you do it because you think Seulgi Unnie is a family so you can take whatever you want, but what if you get too comfortable to someone and do what you did today and that someone doesn't like it and went to the press?! You'll ruin your career!" Yeri ranted angrily.

"Then makes sure I won't do that!"

"What are you.."

"Pay attention to me! Look at me closely! Spend your time with me! Don't just go and play with Seulgi Unnie! You said I'm stealing? She stole you from me first!" Joy exclaims desperately with reddened face. Both from anger and embarrassment. She is not the PDA or possessive type of GF, but Seulgi and Yeri's playfulness got on her nerve. She was just trying to get even by the timid revenge, eating the pringles. But she got irritated when her GF keeps on defending Seulgi so she shouted all her inner feelings on the open, leaving her and Yeri feeling embarrassed.

Irene that has been watching the drama unveiled, shakes her head fondly. She gets up from her seat and shoves Yeri to Joy hard enough to make her stumble.

Joy quickly caught Yeri to prevent her fall then glares at Irene. "Unnie! She could've hurt her self!"

Instead of feeling guilty, Irene smirks at Joy and says, "Just kiss and made up. Next time when you are jealous, talk to Yerimmie instead of keep it in and bullying innocent people."

Irene then turns to Yeri. "And you, Yerimmie. You have seen what jealousy will do to Sooyoung. So step trying to make her jealous and ask Sooyoung to be more affectionate instead. Communication is important in a relationship!"

Yeri and Joy smile sheepishly at each other before hugs each other tightly." I'm sorry, Unnie. I didn't know you'll be this affected. I just wish you can show me a little bit more of your love. I know that you love me! Just sometimes I want to be pampered just like Seulgi Unnie to Wendy Unnie and vice verse."

Joy nods understandingly with Yeri still in her embrace. "No no! I get it! I'm at fault here for not realizing your loneliness. I'll express my self more from now on. But as Joohyun Unnie said, please talk to me. I hate it when you pay attention to other girl more than me! In fact, you should only pay attention to me! Don't look at other people with that adorable eyes!"

Irene rolls her eyes at the sickeningly sweet display of affection. Now she is a little bit regretting to push the maknaes together. "Should've let them fight for bit more." irene grumbles under her breath. Irene but then smile fondly when Seulgi throws her self at the duo and apologise. Then she felt Wendy pulls her toward the messy pile, urging her to join the group hug. She couldn't understand some of her member's thought but she loves them anyway so she hugs them tight and laughs. I wish Taeyeon Unnie is here.

 

Just then, someone knocks their waiting room's door. They turn simultaneously at the door, curious of who would it be. Could it be.. But she said she is busy today.. Irene is waiting with heart thumping in her chest.

Ever since their encounter in Taeyeon's penthouse, they have been going steady. But nobody knows of their arrangement except for snsd members. But Irene thinks that her members have right to know about their relationship so she has asked Taeyeon to come and visit her but Taeyeon said that she is busy with some company merger so she is afraid she won't have time to visit Irene.

True to be told, it is one of red velvet's newest manager that goes in, holding a phone. Irene is little bit disappointed but then curious when the said manager rushes to the most senior one and whispers something to him before gave the phone.

Irene get even more curious when the senior manager abruptly stands up while talking through the phone as though he is speaking to someone important. She can't hold back her curiosity so she break away fron the hug and walks closer to the manager, followed by the other members.

"Yes, no problem! Of course! Of course they have time! They do nothing now, anyway! Yes, I will take them to you now!" The senior manager then turns at them with twinkling eyes. "Guess what! A very big sponsor decided to fund your next comeback! And all that they ask is a lunch with all of you! How lucky you guys are!"

Irene paled when she heard this. When she heard the sponsor word, her memory of the sleazy director flashingin her mind. She tremble both in anger and fear. But Taeyeon Unnie said that this won't happen anymore! I need to call her now!

But before Irene can move to her bag, her manager has ushered them out of the room straight to the car, holding all of their handbags. When they are on their way to the lunch place then the manager give them their bags. "I need you girls to fix your make up, make your self presentable. We don't want to leave wrong impression to them then led them to withdraw their money, won't we?"

Her members nod excitedly and start rummaging through their bags to takes their personal make up. They all thrilled to know that their next comeback is funded.

That means they don't need to worry that their group will be disbanded. All of them excited, all but one, red velvet leader, Bae Joohyun. Although she has heard that not all of the sponsors were bad, but most of them are. She can't call Taeyeon for help because she doesn't want to dampened her dongsaengs' mood but if the sponsors really are bad people, Irene afraid that it will be too late to call then.

While Irene is busy freaking out, they have arrived at the place, which is a very famous resort hotel. They all amazed by the size of the resort. If the owner is really willing to invest on them, they will be settle for the rest of the year.

"Who's the sponsor, Manager nim?" Irene asks for the first time since they left music bank.

"They said that they owned this resort. But if you ask me names or other things about them, I know nothing."

Irene knits her brows. The sponsor is too generous and mysterious for her liking. "How do we know that this sponsor is legit if you know nothing?"

The manager shakes his head at Irene's rudeness but he knows that Irene is only looking out for her sisters. "Because, the president director of SM told me her self. Are you satisfied now?"

"For now." Irene then crosses her arms with attitude. "By the way, why are you refering our president as her? I thought our president is Kim young min?"

The manager smile widely as he shakes his head. "No no! Kim Young Min is our CEO, but the one that has the most power is the president. And our president is a she. In fact you should know her. She is.." The manager stop talking for a moment to open the room where they will have their lunch.

"Snsd Unnies!!" Screamed Yeri excitedly making Irene snaps her head off the manager to the ones inside the room. Snsd??

"She is one of them. Enjoy!" The manager then leave immediately after whispering his words.

Irene turns her head to the commotion and just like in a movie, her eyes focused only on the one person that she has been missing. That one person that also looking at her from a cross the room wearing a lopsided smile and eyes that sparkles brighter than any stars.

Taeyeon bit her lips to stop a smile that threatened to come out. She wants go keep her cool in front of her junior, especially the one that has been looking at her with a dazed and lost expression on her face. Gone were the seductress Irene, or the brat Princess Irene, the one across of her is a cute, lost, innocent red velvet leader, Bae Joohyun. It is refreshing for Taeyeon to be on the upper hand once in a while. So she kept her snsd leader persona and start greeting her junior one by one.

"Hello, Yerimmie, Sooyoungie, Seulgi, and Seungwannie."

"Hi, Unnie!" They returned Taeyeon's greeting energetically, bringing a motherly smile on her face.

"Sit sit! Let's eat first before the food got cold, then we will explain to you girls about the sponsor. Is that okay? You can eat whatever you want and as many as you can. I promise that your manager won't get angry at you. We also have prepared your favourite snacks, such as pringles, banana roti, ice cream, and many more."

" Yes! Food! Four of them cheers happily. Seulgi then quickly grabs the still dazed Irene, pulls her to the table and sat her on the chair beside her while shouting at Joy, "Yah! I want bulgogi too!! Stop putting it all in your mouth! You'll choke!"

Irene shakes her head to snaps out of her daydreaming, lightly pats her cheeks. Stop day dreaming, Bae Joohyun! Irene then raise her hand to take some food but realized that it is already full of various food." I took the liberty to take some food that you might like. You dazed too much today, Joohyun ah. Something on your mind?" Irene heard Taeyeon's voice right beside her. This is the first time that they meet in public so she doesn't know how to behave, eventhough she was the one that asked Taeyeon to let her members know about their relationship.

Taeyeon as though understand, she grabs Irene's hand and kiss it gently, making her gasps. Taeyeon doesn't want Irene to think that she is not serious with them so when Irene lift her head and look at Taeyeon in the eyes, she clears loudly and says, "I want to announce something to the red velvet member." Taeyeon then stand, pulls Irene with her, and hugs her on her waist making red velvet members choking in shock. "I'm interested with your leader and I have been courting her for months to be my Girlfriend. Joohyun said that she wants to tell her member, so I do this. May I get you girls blessing on courting her?"

Irene giggles lightly at her members dumb and surprise expression. She knew that chaos is bout to happen when they get out of their shock." Be ready, Unnie. My member can be as crazy as yours." And Taeyeon just laugh at this." Nobody can top my members."