Mr. Namjoon Who Lives Downstairs

NamJinWeek18!

"Mr. Namjoon!"

"Mr. Namjoon!"

"Wake up, Mr. Namjoon!"

Namjoon woke up to the sound of a tiny human's voice, of which he is all too familiar with. He checked the clock on his nightstand -- 7:45am.

"He needs to be at school in 15 minutes, why is he knocking now?" He whispered to himself.

He got up, scooped the shirt that he was wearing the night before (It was on the floor, of course. He can't sleep with a shirt on 'cause it's too hot.), tried to put the shirt on while walking, stumbled a few times because of it, and finally managed to open the door.

 

There he sees his landlord's son who just turned 4, Kim Taehyung.

 

"Good Morning, Tae. What brings you here today?" Namjoon greeted him with a sweet smile. 

Taehyung was holding a plastic bowl with rice mixed with vegetables on it. Namjoon reckons that the plate is Taehyung's, as it has drawings of tiger cubs on it. Taehyung is obsessed with tigers.

"Breakfast." Taehyung said to him, as he handed him the bowl. "I brought you spoon and fork, too." Taehyung got a plastic spoon and fork (they both have tiger cubs on their handles as well) out of his pocket and gave it to Namjoon as well.

Namjoon accepted the bowl, spoon, and fork. They all looked small in his massive hands. "Why, thank you."

"Taehyung-ah!!!"

The duo heard someone coming down the stairs.

"Your Appa's looking for you." Namjoon whispered to Taehyung. The 4-year-old quickly hid behind Namjoon, well-aware that he's in trouble. Namjoon panicked as well, now realizing how messy and puffy he must look. He managed to atleast comb his hair with his fingers and smell himself (he doesn't smell bad, he thinks) right before Taehyung's Appa, his landlord, sees him -- Kim Seokjin.

"I'm sorry he woke you up again. I know you're not a morning person." Seokjin bowed to Namjoon in apology.

"No, it's okay. I really don't mind." Namjoon beamed. "Oh, here. He gave me his food... again." Namjoon returned Taehyung's bowl and eating utensils to Seokjin.

Taehyung gripped on Namjoon's hind leg, burying his face on the older's cheek. He knows he's gonna get a scolding from his father anytime now.

Seokjin called on his toddler sternly, "Kim Taehyung."

"But... Mr. Namjoon needs breakfast." Taehyung glanced on his Appa, pouting.

 

Namjoon has been renting Seokjin's basement for 2 years now. Taehyung was only 2 years old when he moved in, and he still remembers how small and precious (He still is, of course. Taehyung may be 4, but Namjoon thinks he's still a baby. He's always gonna be a baby) he was back then. It just warms his heart how much Taehyung has grown right before his eyes. The toddler has known him, literally, half of his life.

In terms of his housing situation, Namjoon really has no complaints. The place is a good 5-minute walk from the hospital that he works in as an ER nurse, the rent is decent, and he gets free food all the time.

 

Having a handsome landlord is just the icing on the cake.

 

Seokjin sighed, "Yes, Mr. Namjoon needs breakfast, but you didn't have to give him your breakfast, Mr. Smartypants.I told you that you have to finish your food,didn't I?"

Taehyung nodded and hid behind Namjoon again, embarrassed.

"I'm sorry he's using you to trick me. He's been really picky with food lately, and obviously he's making you eat it so he doesn't have to. I don't know where he learned this." Seokjin said to Namjoon, shaking his head.

Namjoon chuckled, "He's really smart." He ruffled Taehyung's hair and smiled at him widely.

Seokjin rolled his eyes then he laughed heartily afterwards, "He never fails to pull new tricks at me everyday."

Namjoon then carried Taehyung in his arms, "Thank you for bringing me breakfast, Tae. You are such a good boy for thinking about Mr. Namjoon, but it's your food. Appa woke up early to cook it for you. He wants you to eat so you'll be healthy and you'll grow big and strong."

"As big as you?" Taehyung asked, wide-eyed. "That's so many rice I need to eat!"

Namjoon giggled. Taehyung can really pull his heartstrings sometimes. "Yes."

"We'll be late for school, Champ. Come on. Say goodbye to Mr. Namjoon, he needs to sleep now. He's tired." Seokjin started walking towards the stairs.

Namjoon put Taehyung down. Taehyung giggled and bowed at Namjoon, "Goodbye, Mr. Namjoon. You sleep well now! See you later!" He then ran upstairs.

"Ya, Taehyung! Be careful!" Seokjin yelled. He turned to Namjoon before going back up, "Thank you for always picking him up after school. I owe you bigtime."

"We've been doing this for months now. It's never a problem."  Namjoon replied with a smile, revealing his deep dimples.

 

Seokjin works full-time as a bank teller. Its' not his dream job, but Seokjin chose to stay and just it up because it's practical -- it has fixed hours, so he never works on weekends nor do overtime AND it pays enough to sustain their needs.

His best friend, Hoseok, used to babysit for him during the day until he got married earlier this year. Fortunately, Seokjin enrolled Taehyung to their neighboorhood pre-school so he doesn't need to hire a nanny to watch over him anymore. However, Taehyung's classes end at 2pm and Seokjin doesn't get off until 5pm.

When Seokjin mentioned this to him, Namjoon basically begged his manager to let him work night shifts on weekdays permanently (Seokjin doesn't know). This way, he could pick up Tae from school at 2pm and watch him until Seokjin gets home.

This has been their set-up now.

 

"See you later, Namjoon." Seokjin smiled at him sweetly, and Namjoon just melted.

 

Namjoon found Seokjin attractive the moment he laid his eyes on him. He still recalls that exact moment -- he knocked on the door with a newspaper on his hand, where he found Seokjin's rent ad. He rang the doorbell, and Seokjin opened the door.  

Namjoon may be melodramatic, but he swore he heard Punch singing Everytime I See You the minute he saw Seokjin's striking visuals. He was wearing a lose T-shirt that has holes in it and faded grey ripped denim shorts (Namjoon thinks they used to be pants, but Jin cut them himself) while he was carrying Taehyung in his arms. He had dark circles under his eyes and he looked absolutely tired, and Namjoon cant help but wonder how he still managed to look breathtaking.

From then on, Namjoon has been secretly admiring Seokjin.

 

"How's school, Tae?" Seokjin asked his daily question to his son while he prepares tonight's dinner. It's past 5 in the afternoon, he just came home and Namjoon just left. Taehyung is sitting on a stool behind him, eating snacks.

Taehyung looked up, deep in thinking, "Hmmmm... We practiced writing again. I can write Kim now, Appa! Taehyung is really hard to write. Why did you give me a name that's so hard to write?!" Taehyung ranted while massaging his temples, looking really stressed about writing his own name in Hangul. Seokjin can't help but laugh at his toddler's crisis. He also finds it amusing that Taehyung can speak in full sentences now.

Taehyung continued on,  "And then! Then Teacher taught us abbition."

"Addition." Seokjin corrects him nicely.

"Ah-dee-shyon." Taehyung mimics, emphasizing on the "d" sound. "Mr. Namjoon taught me addition already so I was very good at it."

Seokjin stopped chopping carrots and glanced at his son, "Mr. Namjoon taught you? When?"

"Yesterday, while we were waiting for you to come home. I didn't want to sleep, so he taught me how to abb."

"Add, sweetie." Seokjin clarifies.

Taehyung nodded, "Yes, add."

"Anything else you did?" Seokjin looked at Taehyung again as he walked towards the stove to sauté his ingredients.

Taehyung drank his banana milk before answering, "Jiminie and I played outside until Mr. Namjoon came and picked me up like always. I love it when he comes, Appa."

Seokjin grinned, "Why?"

"He always brings me food when he comes. And.. AND! He pushes me and Jiminie in the swing. And it was so high and I thought I was gonna fall but I'm not scared because BECAUSE I know Mr. Namjoon is there and I will not fall because he's there. He'll catch me, Appa." Taehyung lively explained.

 

This is music to Seokjin's ears. Taehyung has always been aloof with other people ever since he was a baby. Seokjin partly blames himself for this because he never exposed his son to other people (Well, except for Hoseok. Hoseok was the only one who was there for him). He basically cut off his parents shortly after finding out about Taehyung existence, as they were too conservative and closed-minded to accept the fact that yes, their Seokjin did get a girl pregnant out of wedlock and yes, their Seokjin did "unholy stuff" in college. Seokjin had to drop out of his last year to provide for his then pregnant girlfriend and unborn child. 

Seokjin only had himself to rely on when Taehyung was born, so he had to take an online job so he could just stay at home. Seokjin also lost touch with all of his friends when he became a father (again, except with Hoseok.); he was too focused with being a full-time dad and a full-time provider that he had to bid goodbye to late night road trips and random bar hoppings and after 2am adventures which he all enjoyed back then. His world stopped, reset and revolved around Taehyung.

When Namjoon entered the picture and moved in their basement 2 years ago, Seokjin warned him about Taehyung. His son has always been unfriendly with strangers, and it takes a lot of effort to get on Taehyung's good side. So now, listening to Taehyung telling him how he loves being with Namjoon brings so much joy to Seokjin's heart.

 

"I'm done eating." Taehyung finished eating his snacks so he pushed (he couldn't carry it with one hand, it was too heavy) the stool that he was sitting on towards the sink, stepped on it, and placed his bowl to wash it.

Seokjin noticed his kid and approached him, "What are you doing?"

Taehyung tiptoed and turn the water on (the faucet was too far, he couldn't reach it), "I'm washing the dishes, Appa."

Seokjin giggled. Okay, this is a first. "You're washing the dishes? Did you learn that in school?"

Taehyung is grabbing the sponge now. It was placed up high, so Seokjin had to reach it for him. He smiled at his dad and washed his bowl carefully, his tiny hands now covered in soap, "No, Mr. Namjoon taught me."

"Mr. Namjoon made you wash the dishes?!" Seokjin asked. For a moment he thought Namjoon is making his 4-year-old son do manual labor in his absence.

Taehyung shook his head, "No! He said I need to help you because you're tired." He turned the faucet on again and rinsed his bowl. He placed it on the dish rack just beside the sink.

It dawned on Seokjin how much Taehyung has grown into a kind a smart boy. He feels so proud to be his father.

Taehyung faced him, "Also..." Taehyung tugged on his father's shirt, signalling him to lean over. Seokjin obliged. Taehyung then jumped on his dad and gave him a tight hug & kisses all over his face, "Mr. Namjoon told me to kiss and hug you, too. Did it work, Appa? You're not tired anymore?"

Seokjin smiled from ear to ear, "Yes, Tae. Appa's not tired anymore."

 

Namjoon is really doing a great job as a babysitter, Seokjin mused. Great, one more reason to like him.

Unlike Namjoon, Seokjin didn't feel a thing when they first met. He was too absorbed with Taehyung and his bills and missing Moonbyul and burning bridges with his parents that he had no time for romance (he had no time for anything related to himself, not even a haircut, let alone falling in love). However, Namjoon slowly creeped his way into his system. 

Namjoon is cute, and Namjoon is smart, and Namjoon is hot, and Namjoon is fun to be with, but what got him sold is the mere fact that Namjoon genuine loves Taehyung. He knew how much effort Namjoon had to exert in wooing his toddler (It was painfully hard. Taehyung had always cried instantly whenever Namjoon carries him. Bribing him with toys and candies never worked, so Namjoon had to win his heart by pure determination and sincerity.) and how he takes his time to actually bond with him.

Every person he dated after Moonbyul never bothered about Taehyung -- very same reason why Seokjin took a hiatus in the dating world. He get it; Who would want to deal with a cheeky toddler, right? Taehyung is extra standoffish with the people he dates. He's a handful.

He got it from his mom, Seokjin thinks. Moonbyul didn't like sharing Jin with anyone, either.

 

Seokjin waited for Namjoon to come home. It's been a while since they last had a decent conversation without Taehyung and he wanted to say thank you for being so patient with his tiny tiger enthusiast. When he heard the back door opened, Seokjin rushed downstairs and invited Namjoon to drink at his place.

Namjoon didn't waste this opportunity and agreed.

"Taehyung tells me you taught him how to add and wash the dishes." Seokjin said, chuckling.

"Your son is really smart, Hyung. He picks up things quickly." Namjoon chuckled as well while drinking his soju.

"Thank you. I know you must be sick of hearing this, but really, thank you, Namjoonie. You've been a great help to me." Seokjin touched Namjoon's hand and squeezed it lightly. Namjoon chugged his soju once more because of panic.

"Just make your girlfriend babysit sometimes." Namjoon joked, lowkey anxious to know how Seokjin would react.

Seokjin smirked, " I have no time for dating, you should know that by now. Taehyung takes up all of my free time. Besides, this little brat is really possessive. I'm really grateful that he loves me too much that he doesn't want to share me with anyone else, but nobody has ever met his standards. I went on a date with this girl one time and we brought Tae, and guess what? He cried the whole time. He threw tantrums like crazy. It was beyond awful I went on dating hiatus after that."

Namjoon laughed, as he completely agrees with Seokjin (and he's glad that Jin is not dating anyone at this moment), "Taehyung's not really easy with strangers, but maybe he's not that bad now. He's in school so he's exposed to other people. Try again. You need to chill, Hyung. Your wife wouldn't mind, I think." Namjoon then looked at Moonbyul's picture hanging on the wall.

"Wife?" Jin snorted, "I'm not a widower. Moonbyul and I never got married. Well, we were supposed to get married after Taehyung was born, but then... then she died."

"Oh, I'm sorry." Namjoon bit his lip.

"It's all good. It's all in the past now anyway." Jin took a few gulps of soju before speaking again, "You know, Tae might look like me, but he reminds me of Moonbyul sometimes. I see her in Tae."

Namjoon felt guilty because he was partly grateful for Moonbyul. If Moonbyul didn't die, Namjoon would have never moved in Seokjin's basement. He won't be sitting next to Seokjin right now.

"Anyway, enough about me. How about you?" Seokjin squeezed his thigh, "Get yourself a girlfriend! You're young, you're single, you have a stable job, you don't have any kids... you can get whichever girl you like." Seokjin pronounced girlfriend and girl rather funnily, but Namjoon didn't notice. 

Namjoon grimaced, "Well, I don't... I don't like girls." He was stunned as soon as he blurted those words out. Shoot.

"Oh." Seokjin said, wide-eyed. His heart started beating rapidly all of a sudden.

"Sorry, did I make you uncomfortable?" Namjoon said, breaking a cold sweat. He thinks, Oh my God, what if Seokjin is actually a homophobe and he kicks him out of the house and tells him to stay away from Taehyung?!

"No, no." Jin coughed to cover up his excitement about Namjoon's rather sudden confession, "Not at all. I was just... surprised for a minute there. Wow, it makes sense now. I was really wondering why you never brought a girl home."

Namjoon laughed, "Well, I haven't brought home a boy too."

"Why not?" Jin furrowed his brows.

Namjoon shrugged, "Waiting for someone, I guess." He then smiled, but his eyes were telling otherwise, "But I don't think I stand a chance."

Seokjin jumped on the gun and segue his confession, "That's exactly how I felt with Moonbyul. I never thought she would accept me, given that she knew I was bi."

Namjoon almost choked on his soju, "You're ting me, right?"

Jin grinned, "What?"

"You're bi?"

"Yes."

Namjoon held Seokjin hand, "So... I have a chance after all."

"Ye--- what now?" Seokjin blushed.

"Well, for your information, I have a huge crush on you for 2 years now." Namjoon gazed into Seokjin's eyes and smiled.

"I -- Tae? You're awake." Seokjin let go of Namjoon's hand as soon as he saw Taehyung standing behind Namjoon. He's carrying his favorite tiger stuffed toy, eyes are still closed.

Taehyung rubbed his eyes, "Mr. Namjoon."

"Hi there, Tiger." Namjoon stood up and carried Taehyung, "Sorry, did we wake you up?"

"No, a dragon woke me up." Taehyung replied, still in a daze. He then wrapped his tiny arms around Namjoon's neck and leaned on his shoulder. Seokjin smiled in awe.

Namjoon and Seokjin quietly walked to Taehyung's room and tucked him into bed again. They left when they were sure that the toddler is sound asleep.

"I'm going downstairs. Good morning, I guess?" Namjoon whispered.

They walked towards the side door, leading to the basement stairs. Namjoon looked at Seokjin before going down, "Hyung, we --"

Seokjin kissed him on the cheek and smiled, "We'll talk tomorrow. We need to explain everything to Taehyung first."

 

Seokjin and Namjoon didn't sleep at all that night, both wondering how they would explain Taehyung that they like each other. Taehyung's brain only knows Eomma and Appa, Mama Bear and Papa Bear, Goku and Chichi (he's been into Dragonball lately)... how are they gonna explain their situation then? Seokjin has dated a few guys before, but Taehyung was too young to understand. Things are way diffrerent now that he's 4.

Besides, Taehyung has always shown a strong objection about Seokjin dating other people. What if he ends up hating Namjoon when he finds out that Seokjin is dating him?

"Maybe this is a bad idea after all," Namjoon mumbles to himself as he tossed and turned in bed.

 

Morning came, and Seokjin came downstairs to set things straight with Namjoon. He knocked on his door.

"Morning, Hyung." Namjoon greeted him with a yawn.

"First of all, I like you. We didn't get to this part last night because of my child. To be honest with you, I was leaning into celibacy but then you came and changed my game. You're cute and you're funny and you're smart and you're so great with Taehyung. Taehyung loves you so much. That's what made me like you. There." Jin then let out a deep breath, "Okay. I have been holding this in since we part ways 5 hours ago. Felt so good to finally say it." He smiled at Namjoon.

"That's the best morning greeting ever." Namjoon beamed, "I like you, too. I've always been gay, so I wasn't really surprised when my heart went boom boom when I first saw you, but yeah... You're handsome, you're hot, you have a cute --"

"You like me because of my ?" Seokjin felt slight offended (no, not really.)

Namjoon chuckled, "Let me finish! I liked you even more because you're a great dad. You managed to raise Taehyung alone while looking like that? Wow."

Seokjin blushed. He hit Namjoon's shoulder, "Stop it."

Namjoon held Seokjin's hand the same way he did last night, "Anyway, are we telling Tae today?"

Seokjin nodded, "It's better to tell him now. I don't want to keep this from him."

 

Seokjin and Namjoon then agreed to tell Taehyung about their relationship today. Namjoon suggested that they have breakfast together and go to the park afterwards and just spend the day with Taehyung. The 3 of them never went out together, so this is the perfect chance to show Taehyung how it will be now that his father is dating his Mr. Namjoon. Maybe, just maybe, Taehyung will like it.

Namjoon helped Seokjin prepare breakfast. He also helped Tae wash his face and brush his teeth while Seokjin set the table.

The adults sat across the toddler, who was lowkey dawdling over his food. It's too early anyway; usually Seokjin doesn't bother waking Tae up until 10am on weekends because he likes to sleep in as well.

Taehyung's staring at the both of them while he struggles with his chopsticks.

"Are you okay, Bud?" Namjoon asked. He picked up one of Tae's bacon and fed it to him.

Taehyung nodded, mouth full of bacon and rice that he had been chewing for 5 minutes now, "I had a dream that Jeonghan was asking me about Eomma." Jeonghan is one of his classmates.

Seokjin felt his chest constrict. His heart break every time Taehyung asks about Moonbyul. "What did you say?"

Tae drank his water before answering, "We were going to fight this big sea monster and I was riding on my tiger and Jeonghan was riding a dog this big..." Taehyung extended his arms widely, describing Jeonghan's dog, "...then he asked me about Eomma because he said he'll go to his Eomma after we fight the monster. I said to him I can't go to my Eomma because she's in a far away place, just like you said."

Seokjin and Namjoon looked at each other.

"Then this sea monster was here and I was about to fight him but then he said he's hungry so he didn't want to fight." Taehyung shrugged. He doesn't seem to be bothered about not having a mom, or atleast that's how Seokjin sees it. He knows Taehyung feels something is missing; Seokjin can see it in his eyes everytime his classmates comes to school with their moms.

 

Taehyung will never know his mom. It's a void that Seokjin can never fill, no matter how hard he tries. No matter how much love he gives.

 

Taehyung then noticed that his dad is tearing up, "Appa, are you crying? I didn't kill the sea monster. He's fine." 

"I'm sorry, Tae. I know you want to see Eomma so badly but I can't do anything." Seokjin sniffed.

"It's okay, Appa. I'll see Eomma someday." Taehyung smiled at him. Seokjin became more emotional, moved at how Taehyung can be so understanding despite his age.

Namjoon, on the other hand, felt dejected. He realized that Taehyung needs a mom. Yes, he can love and care for the toddler with all his might, but it's still nothing compared to a mother's love. 

 

"Hey, is everything okay? You haven't been talking since breakfast." Seokjin asked Namjoon while they wait for Taehyung (he's in the bathroom with the door closed because he is a "big boy" now and he "doesn't need any help from Appa and Mr. Namjoon")

Namjoon then hugged Seokjin, "I just... I think it's better if you just get yourself a girlfriend."

Seokjin tapped his , "What are you saying?!"

"Taehyung needs a mom. I will never be a mom to him." Namjoon said, sighing against Seokjin's neck.

"I don't need a mom. I have a mom. She's just in heaven." Taehyung said. The pair jumped out in surprise, having been caught red-handed by Taehyung.

Seokjin's ears turned red. He crouched to fix his son's shorts, "Are you ready to go to the park?"

Taehyung nodded. He gazed at Namjoon, knitting his eyebrows. He's processing the fact that he just saw Mr. Namjoon hugging his Appa.

Namjoon smiled awkwardly at him, "What are you thinking about?"

Taehyung shook his head and smiled, "Nothing."

 

They head to the park shortly afterwards. Seokjin and Namjoon were still internally panicking as Taehyung just caught them hugging, and it's a surprise that he hasn't said anything about it. Taehyung's not like this; he's usually sensitive about other people touching his dad.

Now they're just sitting on a park bench, Taehyung in between Seokjin and Namjoon. The 4-year-old had a blast in the playground, and it's time for a break.

"Ya, you're sweating!" Seokjin grabbed a towel from Taehyung's backpack and wiped Namjoon's sweat off.

"Well, Taehyung's so hard to chase!" Namjoon kissed Taehyung's forehead and tickled his side, making the toddler laugh. "You run so fast!"

"Did you have fun today, Tae?" Seokjin asked.

Taehyung got off the bench to stand in front of Namjoon and Seokjin, "I did. Can we do this every Saturyay, Appa? Mr. Namjoon can you not work in the hospital every Saturyay?"

Namjoon pinched Taehyung's cheeks and nodded, "Yes, Taehyung. We can do this every Saturday."

"Yayyyy!!!" Taehyung ran into Namjoon's arms and hugged him, "It's okay, Mr. Namjoon. You don't have to be my mom."

Namjoon and Seokjin looked at each other, both surprised by Taehyung's statement. He heard their conversation.

Taehyung giggled, "You don't look like a mom at all. You're gonna be ugly."

Namjoon jokingly glared at him, "I'm ugly?" He grabbed Taehyung's waist and tickled him again. The toddler had tears in his eyes from laughing so hard.

Namjoon eventually let him go, so Taehyung went over his dad and embraced him as well.

Seokjin kissed the top of Taehyung's head and asked him, finally, "Is it okay if Appa hugs Mr. Namjoon? You told me you don't like me hugging someone else."

Namjoon and Seokjin glanced at each other again. Moment of truth.

"Just 1 hug everyday. That's okay." Taehyung answered.

Namjoon let out his hand to Taehyung, "Taehyung-ssi, thank you for letting me hug your Appa. I promise I will make him happy. I promise I will take care of you, too."

Taehyung placed his palm over Namjoon's hand and smiled widely, his mouth shaped like a rectangle, "But you always do that already, Mr. Namjoon!"

"Appa likes Mr. Namjoon, Tae." Seokjin confessed to his son. He's sure Taehyung has a whole different definition of "like", but he has to tell him anyway.

Taehyung just stared at his father, eyes wide with confusion and wonder. Namjoon then said, "Mr. Namjoon likes your Appa, too."

Taehyung continued staring, now both at his father and Namjoon. Then he finally spoke, "You're married?!"

The adults laughed. Apparently, Taehyung thinks that any 2 people who "like" each other are married. Okay.

"Well, not yet." Namjoon said. Seokjin hit his shoulder, giggling.

"A boy can like a boy, too?" Taehyung asked, curiousity filling his eyes and mind. He's always seen and watched love between a boy and a girl, so of course this is all news to him.

Namjoon ruffled the toddler's hair, "A boy and a girl can like whoever they want, Tae. It doesn't matter. It should not matter."

Seokjin added, "Now, eventhough Appa likes Mr. Namjoon that doesn't mean that I love you less. Appa will always love you first, Taehyung. Mr. Namjoon knows that, too." 

Taehyung just smiled at them and nodded. Seokjin and Namjoon both felt glad that Taehyung understood, although not fully, their current situation.

 

Seokjin decided to go home and prepare for lunch. They all stood up and started walking home.

"Mr. Namjoon?" Taehyung asked.

"Yes, Taehyung?"

"Can I call you Appa now too?"

"Of course you can."

 

Taehyung grabbed Namjoon's right hand and Seokjin's left hand. The couple beamed at each other, beyond thankful that their tiger cub approves of their relationship. They really look like a family now.

 

Taehyung spoke again, "Can I have a baby sister now then? Jimin has a baby sister."

Namjoon choked on his spit while Seokjin coughed like crazy. They looked at each other and burst out laughing.

"What's funny?" The toddler questioned.

"Nothing, Tae. Appa's just happy." Seokjin answered.

Then the toddler giggled, "Taehyung's happy, too."

 

Maybe they'll explain other things to Taehyung when the right time comes.