Chapter 5

Following the dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Kwon’s residence was located a couple of miles away from the Las Vegas strip, in a very tranquil spot where mansions and grand villas were located. It was a quiet and elegant neighborhood, with the vistas of the Lake of Las Vegas and Nicklaus designed golf course surrounding it. It was hard to believe that she was really in Las Vegas. No ding-ding-ding noise of jackpot machines, no minute-wedding chapel, no crowds of tourists, no guy handing out brochures about some lewd peep shows, and no stunning flashing lights Vegas was famous for. All she could see and hear was the soft lighting of the house, a vast manicured lawn and the trickles of water from the nearby park. Stepping out from the car, she looked at the grand Spanish Colonial style house and nodded in approval. If she had to live in Vegas, this was exactly the place she would choose to live.

 

Jiyong looked at Taehyung strangely. For a hillbilly’s guy, he should look mighty-awed at his house. Well, he looked impressed, but not stunned enough. He was expecting mouth agape, saliva gulping, and envious look, not this subtle approval.

 

“What do you think?” he asked Taehyung, who was still inspecting the house and its surrounding. The two shih-tzus followed their master with their tails waving furiously and squatted here and there to mark the new territory.

 

Taehyung touched the wall and made a humming sound in his throat. “The texture of the wall is excellent. But you would get a better result with warm color, like a brick color, instead of cream,” he said absently. Then he turned back to him and grinned, as if he could feel Jiyong’s raised eyebrow. “I read a couple of architecture magazines in the job placement office.”

 

“Jiyong? Is that you?” A feminine voice drifted from inside the house. A moment later, a beautiful middle-aged woman walked out so gracefully that she might have floated on air. She gathered Jiyong in bear hug and kissed his cheek. “Welcome home, sweetie. How’s your trip?”

 

“Very good, Mom. I could finally lure the chef for the hotel. He is a very famous chef who used to work for the Ritz and now for us. I think our Italian restau

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter