Chapter 1

Following the dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

1... 2... 3...­ 10...­

 

Taeyeon muttered as she counted her dwindling money. All ten dollars and thirty seven cents of it. Sighing, she looked at her Louis Vuitton backpack and her Armani slacks and had to swallow the bubbling mocking laugh rising bitterly in . What a cruel joke. All the branded stuff and yet here she was, as broke as she could be.

 

It was just her luck that she was born into the Kim family. The royal family of the movie industry in the country. She had lost count on how many times her father had been on the front of the Entertainment magazine over the years. Years after years, he had been voted as one of the brightest stars and lately, most talented director in the world. And years after years, his fame and fortune had skyrocketed, making him one of the wealthiest people in the country. And with her mother one of the most loved actress, it was inevitable that she and her sister had very limited space to go unrecognized.

 

But Hyoyeon was luckier than she was. At least she wasn't the one involved in the Incident. It was fifteen years ago when she had been kidnapped for ransom. Her nanny had given her a sack filled with her favorite candies. Her doctored favorite candies. It was all a blur to her now. All she remembered was a whirl of a shabby cottage, frenzy phone calls, her mom's sobs, her dad's panic shout, her nanny's greedy face, and the ruthless guys who had held her. But then the police had come and she had been taken back home to safety. And since then on, she had never tasted freedom again.

 

Uniformed guards were always one meter behind her anywhere she went. No public school for her. Not even a private school. While her sister had gone to a prestigious private school and had numerous friends, she had been at home with a private tutor and no friend. She had even had to argue endlessly with her father in order to go to a university. But when she had finally won and gone to a private prestigious university of her father's choice, her victory had tasted bitter. Her bodyguards had gone with her, shielding her so closely that making friends had bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter