Chapter 3

Following the dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong glowered at the young man who stepped out from the ancient Ford cuddling a weird looking fluff. The guy was so small boned for a man that he looked more like a boy. And his skin was too smooth for a guy that he should wear moustache or something to make him manlier. His only saving grace was his eyes, as they were so expressive. Although the eyelashes were kind of a down point, as they were too long even for a girl. But no girl could be that flat chested, he reasoned. Maybe I could break his nose and do him some service, he thought, feeling his spirit lift up a bit by the thought. 

 

That is, until he looked back at the junk that had hit his car. Scoffing in disgust, he had to repress an instinctive shudder. That junk disguised as a car was not worthy to even on the same road as his baby. He stood right before the inept guy in an intimidating stance and clenched his teeth. As he thought about his dented baby, his voice rasped, “Did you realize how much damage you’ve done to my baby?”

 

Taeyeon looked at her car with disgust too. While the guy’s car got a shallow little dent, the front of hers was crumpled like a two-days newspaper. Resigned to her inevitably worsen financial state, she held on Louie tighter for support and made her voice as deep and apologetic as she could. “I’m sorry, sir. Really. It’s just that Louie –she gestured to the dog in her arm- jumped at me and made me lost control of the car. But you see, my car is smashed worse than yours. So can we forget about this?”

 

Jiyong’s eyes flared wide in astonishment, and he stammered in shock, “For… for… forget??” Then his voice boomed indignantly. 

 

“FORGET???” Suddenly he felt as if breaking the guy’s nose couldn’t even spell enough. Maybe strangling him would be remotely enough.

 

Taeyeon winced inwardly seeing his flashing eyes. She smiled uneasily and nodded awkwardly to placate him. “You see, I have no money to pay you. And I have no insurance either. In fact, I was on my way to sell my car for food. Surely you wouldn’t impose on me more?”

 

Jiyong could feel his eyelids started to twitch. “Impose?? IMPOSE???” he bellowed. “I wouldn’t dream of imposing on you, sir. But you have to pay for the damage, even if you have to work for it, because I don’t think the sale price of that junk could even cover my towing service.” Then he smiled wickedly. 

 

“Hmm, no insurance you said? You could get a ticket for driving without insurance, you know? I wonder

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter