“Come here. Let me fix it.”

100 ways to love you

If you were to ask Minho what his favorite season is, he would answer without a drop of doubt found in his body that his favorite out of the four would have to be spring. Others might argue that spring is probably one of the worse seasons there is because of the allergies but he would quickly say as that might be true and all, spring for him is more than just a mere season. It’s more than that. It goes deeper than just the bees buzzing.

 

For the past five years, he has grown to know and love spring more than just the change of temperature and how the flowers start to bloom once more. No, for Minho, spring is a promise of starting fresh; to be able breathe in the good and clean air after the harsh and cruel winter.

It’s a promise of growth; to be able to learn from past mistakes and become a better version of yourself. It’s the underlying promise of how there’s better things to come in the warmer months.

 

And as much as he loves spring now, he can’t lie and say that he always had such a strong liking. It was just five years ago did he really come to truly love and appreciate spring and it’s not mainly because of the warmer days ahead but rather of the countless of blessings he has received since then.

 

Five years prior, spring wasn’t always the blessing that Minho has come to love. Nor was it always happy. 

 

it was quite the opposite really. Rather than feeling blessed for the warmer season, he felt more colder and lonelier than ever before. It was due to the fact that in such a beautiful season, the warmth that he had for the longest was taken away.  He lost someone very dear to him, a loved one that showered him with an inexplicable amount of love and care. He lost his Mom during the winter and spring wasn’t the same.

 

Since then, he never looked at the same season with excitement and glee as it was just a reminder of an aching pain, a reminder of his lost loved one. He was hurting so much and cursing out why did it have to be like this? He thought that spring was supposed to bring back in the warm light, a glimpse of hope after such a cold winter  But why was so he so cold?

 

It had become such a struggle but time after time, he was managing and things eventually got better again. He’s still hurting just as much but he can cope with the pain better now. His chest still aches, sometimes yearns for the loving touches, the warmth from her hugs  but it got better - he got better as time passed time.

 

Thus, three springs after the passing of his mom, spring was looking better for him again. Though, he really had owed to Sulli, his best friend for always being there even when things got tough. Minho can’t thank her enough for all the times she lent her shoulder for him to cry on, for all the times she brought him food, and for all the times she cared for him when he - himself- can’t even do it.

 

Truly, she was an angel in disguise and he’s more than thankful to have her. Through her, did he learn to love spring again because she slowly became the reason why he started to love spring again. It was through Sulli, did Minho realized and cope with how it’s okay to be hurting and grieving but sometimes you need to step back and live again.

 

Without him realizing it before, Sulli has become the warmth of spring; pulling him in and giving him the warmth he was deprived from those years ago.

 

And upon realizing his feelings and just how much he wanted Sulli to be a constant in his life, he confessed his heart the following spring to which she gladly accepted him. It was in that moment did Minho add another reason to why spring has slowly become his favorite season once more.

 

[ “You know that you are the reason why I started to love spring again” Minho pipes up amongst the silence that is engulfing them. Sulli turned from her position and looked at him intently for a minute before saying,

 

“Why?” Sulli breathes, Minho then takes her hand and places it on his cheek to which Sulli just softly touches his cheek, cupping it ever so gently.
 

“Because you’ve shown me that good things will grow and bloom again. After losing my mom, I was destroyed, wilted but you always watered me and made me grow again.” Sulli didn’t say anything in return but just leaned in and softly pressing her lips against his owns. And with that, Minho didn’t need any words to know what that meant. ]

 

For every spring that follows after that, Minho has continuously learned and loved the beauty of spring because he has Sulli by his side and makes every spring as memorable as the one before.

 

It’s in spring did he find the love of his life when things were rough and patchy; before she became such a fixated part of his spring, it was filled with harsh winds and cold nights to only be soften by her gentle winds and  light caresses of her warmth.

 

It’s in spring did he fell in love with the person who was practically an embodiment of love and care. Falling in love with the person who has shown him what unconditional love is again, what undying support and care is. For she has given him that without asking much in return.

 

It’s in spring did he also feel whole again. To be wrapped up in the arms of the person he loves the most and cherishes so wholeheartedly. To comforted with the softest touches and even gentler words.

 

And for this spring, five years later, did Minho took it upon himself and to decided put a ring on the finger of the person that he knew from the very beginning that she is the one he wants to spend the rest of his life with.

 

[   “Will you marry me?” Minho breathes slowly, getting down on one knee and opening up the small box in his hands, showing the ring. Sulli looked back on the ring then back to Minho, trying to get her head around what is happening. Before she realizes it, tears were already running down her cheeks

 

“A thousand times,  yes, oh my god, yes” Sulli says through the tears, nodding head her countless of times. Minho then takes the ring out of the box and slid it across her delicate fingers before holding her by the waist,twirling her around.   ]

 

It took another spring for the wedding to happen and Minho swears that spring will only continue to bring him blessings upon blessings from here on out. He’s so thankful to have such a beautiful and caring woman next to him for all of eternity and he couldn’t wait to spend more springs and many other seasons together

 

The wedding was set to happen in just a couple of hours but Minho was still frantically running around and making sure everything was set. He wanted everything to go right because he wanted to only give the very best to Sulli who in which was currently getting ready as he should be doing same thing

 

Being practically banned from doing anything more, Minho was then pushed to get ready. As he was getting ready, he couldn’t help himself  but want to Sulli right before the wedding. Though, she was very vocal about not seeing each other because she believes in the saying that seeing each other the wedding is bad luck and though Minho assures her that there is no bad luck between them, Sulli still insisted

 

But of course, Minho rebelled against that and went to the room where Sulli was getting ready in. He, himself, was already ready; suit put on, hair slicked back,  he looked dashing if he says so himself. It was a struggle at first as he was being pushed away by her bridesmaids but eventually after much “fighting”, they let him in anyways, sighing.

 

“You…look absolutely.. stunning” Minho speaks up as he walked into the room and immediately looked for Sulli. Upon finally seeing her, his mouth jaw dropped and had his breath knocked out. Hearing his voice, Sulli turned around and looked at him with such shook

 

“Babe, what are you doing here? You shouldn’t be here” Sulli quickly breathes out, her eyes still wide at seeing her soon to be husband standing just mere inches away from her. Her tone was scolding but Minho knew better than that as that her tone is also filled with endearment

 

Minho walks closer and soon enough, they were facing each other. Minho wanted to touch, to wrap his arms around her and so he did. Still not fully recovered from seeing him, Sulli let out a small gasp as she felt his arms around her waist

 

“Babe..”

 

“I know. I know what you’re gonna say. I know I shouldn’t be doing this but I can’t help myself. I need to see you. And wow, you are looking so so beautiful. You’re really going to be mine forever huh?” Minho says, a smile creeping up his face to which Sulli slowly returned. She then placed her hands into his shoulders, anchoring her down.

 

“Forever.” Sulli breathes, Minho then presses his forehead against hers and they stayed like that for a few moments. Minho still can’t believe it that spring has brought such a big blessing to his life and for that, he’s forever thankful.

 

“Oh? Your tie is loosening up.”

 

“It is?” Minho then pulls away from Sulli and looks at it. He tried fiddling with it for a few moments before Sulli spoke up and reached out to him.

 

“Come here. Let me fix it.” Minho comes closer to Sulli again and soon enough, her hands were around the fabric and started to fix it for him. As she was doing so, Minho couldn’t help but smile

 

“What am I going to do without you in my life?” Minho pipes up as soon as Sulli was getting done with his tie. She rolls her eyes endearingly before slightly hitting him on his shoulder

 

“Can you save the sap for when we’re up in the alter?” Sulli teases but loves it so. Minho barks out a small laughter, proceeding to peck her cheek softly.

 

“Thank you though. I really wouldn’t know what I would do without you in my life.” Minho says, his voice becoming more serious and lower. His eyes wavering a bit, glistening with unshed tears and as Sulli sees this, she presses her lips very lightly on his forehead, making him close his eyes to savor in the moment.

 

“I know. That’s why. I’m not going anywhere. I’ll always be your side.” Sulli breathes out slowly, she then felt his hands on her waist, holding her firmly.

 

________________________________________

 

lol what is it with me and seasons ashsjsjd anyways this was supposed to go up this Sunday but I couldn’t help it sooo it’s 2 days early! heheh hope you enjoyed!