scared

she's dreaming

Chapter Three - scared

I walked and walked, totally oblivious of my surroundings. Am I stalking him? I techinally am not right? Questions popped up in my head like a machine gun as I shadowed him. At this point, I was clueless on where I was. I stared at his back view from a distance and all I could say was that - he definitely works out. Get your piorities right Hye Soo, what am I thinking about. I my phone, glancing at the time. It has been 15 minutes, where on earth is he walking to? He never turned back which was a good thing for me. I just had to walk as quietly as possible.

After an eternity of just plain walking under the blazing sun which was piercing my eyes like a sword, I finally see him enter a building. I look up and around to see where we were at. This can't be... The familiar place caught my attention. I see the same street sign in my dream behind me, the quiet alley leading to the place he entered. I jogged up to the door. ' Paradise ' the letterings in neon on the rectangular signboard wrote. I froze in place. I don't know if I want to do this anymore. It feels so real now, and I'm scared of what is to come. Flashbacks of the converstation I had earlier appeared in the back of my head. 

" Let me protect you, trust me. "

" Ain't no one got to be protected. "

I took a deep breath and recalled the promise I made. Count it as me earning my place in heaven then. I pushed open the door and entered the club with light footsteps. ' Paradise ' it was not. It obviously was the same exact setting as my dream. Drunk people, young girls, loud music and the scent of alcohol. Shoot, I lost him. He was nowhere in sight. I scanned the place from a few meters away where the crowd was. My eyes stopped when I saw the back view of someone sittiing on the leather seats around the private round table. He was together with another five guys who looked around his age. One of them suddenly stood up and walked towards the bar. His hair was of an ashy brown colour while he sported a loose white shirt and a pair of khaki pants. He gave off a powerful vibe, smirking at the female bartender while telling her the drink he wanted. I flinched when I felt a hand on my shoulder turning me around. I met a pair of half conscious eyes, the man seemed to be in his twenties as well. 

" Y- Y- You are so pretty, are you s-s-single... " His words slurred. He is drunk. I panicked, what do I do or say or... I just want to leave. I spun around and attempted to take a huge stride towards the crowd, hoping to lose him. That idea failed when I felt his cold hand pull me back like a bungee. I was lost for words. In the moment, I tried to pry his bigger hands off my wrist but it was unsuccessful. His grip got harder as if it was like some sort of defense mechanism. I dug my fingernails into his skin, at this point just desperate to escape. He yelped in pain. He released his grip and I took the chance to run into the pit of people. I was praying to a god I didn't even believe in that I would not get caught. I didn't even turn back to check if he was behind me. I just kept moving forward. Lady luck does not like me at all I guess. I got shoved back and I fell to the ground. I was dead. I looked up to see a furious face looking into my eyes. The crowd had moved away, shocked at the sudden commotion. 

" How dare you! Do you know who I am? " The man in a drunken state growled through his yellow teeth. 

I winced as I felt the impact of his hard shoes ramming into my side. He kicked me multiple times, while shouting vulgarities. I curled up into a ball. It hurts, it really does. Tears were b at the corner of my eyes. I was grinding my teeth. What did I even do to deserve this. The left side of my body burned with pain as the kicks felt like they were never ending. What was everyone doing? Do they not see someone helplessly getting beaten up by a bigger sized man on the ground right here? I resigned to fate, how could I fight back? 

" Argh! " I heard the man yell. He wasn't kicking me anymore too. What happened? I opened my eyes and see the monster on the ground, holding his face as if something was broken. I tried to get up and something was definitely broken. I'm not a superhero, nor am I immune to pain. I gave up and just laid on the cold floor. I see him walking into my watery vision. Did he punch the drunk man? He didn't have any emotions - he didn't look angry nor looked like he was worried. He just looked at me, at my hand that was holding on to the left side of my body, and my sad eyes. He crouched down and without a word, picked me up and placed my right arm on his shoulder. He supported me towards the table he was seated at and sat me down on the seat.

" Why are you here? " He questioned with the deep voice of his. I stared at him in dismay. I was kicked like a ragdoll and after all that, he asked me the reason I was here? I was too pained to explain my presense. Why should I? Something inside me snapped and I was furious. Why am I wasting my time to save his life when he isn't even alright with me being in his sight? I forced my right arm on the top of my seat to prop me up. I got up despite the burning pain that was clouding my thoughts and making me dizzy. I took a step that needed all of my energy to take before I couldn't feel anything anymore and closed my eyes. The last thing I felt was a warm pair of arms cushioning my fall.

My eyes peeked open before closing due to the blinding lights on the ceiling. Then, the pain of my aching body hit me, I winced. I fortll am I? I looked to my side to see the guy that made my blood boil sitting on a chair, staring intently on his phone. I agonisingly shifted my weight to face him under the warm layers. Alerted by the sudden sound of movement, he directed his focus at me before saying,

" Are you okay? "

 

 

 

A : You probably thought that I was dead oh gosh. I'm still alive yay? I have not updated for like seven months and I really really am so so so so so sorry about it. I guess I just lost any sort of motivation to write at all and I kinda hit a procrastination wall. So updates about me, I graduated and got into a secondary school and well I've been failing math. Yes, so that's about me haha. 

About the story, hopefully you all see that Jong In is one who can't express feelings well and hurts others unknowingly. But the last dialougue ooh, did he change? So, leave what you think will happen in the next chapter below in the comments! I'll try to update this Sunday since I have tests for the next two days and training on Saturday...