dream

she's dreaming

   Chapter One - dream

Walking home while the golden sun was setting, I was finally done with my shift at Coffee Blend. Tired and famished, I pulled out a turkey ham sandwich that was leftover from the sales of the cafe out of my tote bag and started munching on it. Thoughts ran through my head. To be specific, the thoughts were pretty much all about my dreams.

Yes, dreams. Those dreams always show me different things that would appear in the news. For example, the news of the Kim Jong Un and Donald Trump Summit. I had that dream two weeks even before the news was spread. Somehow everytime, they were spot on and it just seemed weird but the dreams were never really related to me so I was not really bothered by them and hence I did not tell anyone about it. I started getting those dreams when my parents passed away seven years ago while they were on a trip to Tokyo, Japan. They had got into a fatal car crash and passed away on the way to the hospital.

I remember twelve-year-old me bawling my eyes with Aunt Do's hand on my shoulders. I locked myself in my room for days at a time till three weeks later, Kyung Soo, barged in and did something I would never forget.

" Jung Hye Soo! Open the door or I'm breaking it down. " Kyung Soo yelled from the other side of the door.

A few seconds later, silence. It wasn't awkward nor deadly, it was just... calm. A soft thud on a wooden surface was heard and I knew he had sat down and leaned against the door of my bedroom. My eyes terribly swollen and flushed, I stared at the door, the inside of me just wishing he would go away. Instead, the both of us sat and quietly on both sides of the door for what seemed like ages since I was too mentally occupied to care about the time. 

Please, Hye Soo. I understand how you feel. I didn't even get to see my parents since I was born. Do you think your parents would want to see you like this? Let your feelings out, but at the end of day, you got to keep them in your heart and move forward. " He begged me. I had mixed feelings. Should I move forward? Can I? Taking in what he said, I trusted his words and got up. Placing my fingers on the door knob, I twisted it and ' click '. Kyung Soo heard it and scrambled up. Staring into his eyes,my already red eyes teared up again. As another tear slipped down my face, Kyung Soo grabbed my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. " Shhh, just cry Hye soo, " he mumbled. From that day on, Kyung Soo taught me to get up by myself after falling and accompanied me on my continued journey.

Reaching home, I took my shoes off and pushed the front door open. Immediately, a smile from the sofa greeted me. Aunt Do. She told me dinner was ready and was on the dining table. Clapping my hands in excitement, I washed my hands at the sink and made my way to the table. Seated there was uncle Do. He was basically gobbling down what seemed like rice and some side dishes including fried egg, vegetables and a stew. Saying hello to me with mouth stuffed with food, I chuckled. I opened the drawer and took out a rice bowl. Coincidentally, the sound of the front door opening again could be heard by everyone in the house and I knew who it was - Kyung Soo.

" Kyung Soo! How was work? " I asked curiously. Ever since that incident, we had grew closer and closer to the point where were like real siblings instead of just cousins. I depend on him everytime I need help and vice versa. He has always been prince charming in my eyes, helping me through any obstacles I faced. " It was well, interesting..." he then went on to say some funny incidents that happened while he was settling Coffee Blend's finances. The three of us listened and laughed along, it was really peaceful at that time. 

After eating, washing up and spending time with my family, I headed to my bedroom where I could finally lay down and rest after a long day. Unconsciously, I fell asleep with my hands still in the position where I was going to grab it. 

I was walking on the streets of Korea, without recongizing what street or province it was. I looked to my right and saw a street sign. ' Daehak-ro 4-gil '. Puzzled, I kept on walking but soon, I realised I could not turn left or right but I had to continue walking in one direction. I then just let my legs take me to wherever it wanted to go. My legs stopped and I looked up to see where I was. A club? Curiosity kills the cat but I didn't care. I'm not even a cat. I took a few steps and entered the club.

Observing my surroundings, I was shocked. Girls who looked barely eighteen were all over men and the overpowering scent of alcohol filled the room. I wanted to take a closer look. I really had never had the time to go out, let alone a club. Just then, a ray of light was casted on a tall, tan, and a well-built man who se was on the verge of brawling with a drunk middle aged man. I stood there, waiting to see what would happen next. The drunk man grabbed his collar and attempted to throw him to the ground. The young man defended himself and instead, pushed the drunk man to a bunch of stools next to the bar. He yelped in aggravation. The young man smirked in return. Just then, a somewhat dark shadow appeared behind him.

What I did not notice was that the shadow was holding a sharp knife. Before I could even call for the young man's attention, he whimpered and fell to the ground with gasps of shock all around him. I ran up to him, hoping to save him but... it was too late. The knife had totally been stabbed through his abdomen and his organs could not function. Shaking him in an attempt to wake him up, my hands were stained with blood and my tears were falling at a rate I could not comprehend.

Breathing in the air I felt my lungs had lost, I sat up from my bed, panting, sweating and horrified of my dream. No, no, it was a nightmare.

 

 

 

a : hey guys! how's the first chapter? Do read the character profile before this so won't get confused :) More questions will be answered in the next few chapters if you are still confused so do not worry!