meeting him

she's dreaming

Chapter Two - meeting him

A : This whole fic is going to be around 15-25 chapters long, for those of you wondering.

 

Bedsheets sprawled on the wooden floor of my bedroom, I sat there, right on my bed, trying to make sense of the unfamiliar feeling. What was that? Who was he? I looked around and then hanged my head low. It couldn't be one of those dreams, right? " No way, " I thought to myself as I got up, walked to the bathroom and splashed my face with cold water from the marble sink. 

After changing my clothes and brushing my teeth, I went downstairs to get ready for work. I looked at the time and it was already 9am. Shoot! I started running around the house, grabbing my tote bag, a banana and yelled goodbye to Aunt and Uncle Do as I was hopping on one foot, trying to put on a pair of white sneakers.

Now basically running along the streets and through alleys to get to Coffee Blend the fastest, beads of my sweat were dripping down my face, getting into my eyes at times and I had to quickly rub them away. I burst through the doors of Coffee Blend, probably looking like a hot mess, literally. My cheeks were burning due to the hot weather outside and my white uniform looked as if it was drenched in the rain. 

" Sorry Soo Jin, I was well, caught up in something personal, " I apologised.  Soo Jin works as the manager of this branch and ever since I started working here, she had been really nice to me and she became like an older sister. " Okay, fine haha. Since you are rarely late, I'll give you a chance but try not to be this late even if you are gonna be late, Hye Soo. Anyways, could you help me check the stocks for the cups back in the storeroom? " And yet another day of work was over in a blink of an eye.

I said my goodbyes to my other colleagues including Soo Jin after closing the shop together and walked off. I comtemplated on what to eat before deciding on mircowave food at the convenience store. Cheap, convenient and tasty so why not? I dragged myself to the store, the tiredness of my legs from working throughout the day starting to kick in.

The bell on the pushable door of the store chimed and I pushed it forward. I strolled in and went straight for the microwaved-food section. I grabbed the Mac & Cheese and headed to the cashier to make my payment.

" That'll be three dollars, " the cashier said. As I looked down to take out the money, someone walked in the store. Not bothering to care who it was since it's probably just another customer. I paid the cashier the money and turned around to leave. Looking at the person behind me queuing up in line, I stood there, frozen in shock as the dream I had ran through my head once again and I dropped what I was holding. " Thud! " the sound the food, my wallet and my phone made. I observed his facial features, deep eyes, sun-kissed skin, and his shoulder tattoo. It was him.

" Miss, you okay? " the cashier asked worriedly. " Yeah, I'm...... fine, " I think. Flashbacks of him getting stabbed play through my head over and over again. Not knowing what to do since I never would have thought this was going to be real, I just stared at him, wanting to say something but nothing was coming out of my mouth. I started to panic. No one has died in my dreams before, this was a first. Should I save him? Could I? How's a girl with no superpowers nor martial art skills going to save another person from dying. 

" Could you please just move away? I have to pay for my items and go, Miss, " He said. I was hesitant, even though I don't have the ability to fight people for him, I shouldn't just leave him in the lurch. I made up my mind and well, if I got that dream, that means I am fated to save him, aren't I? So I looked at him straight in eyes and told him, " Let me protect you, trust me. " He scoffed.

He rolled his eyes and proceeded to shove me out of the way. Regaining my balance, I was determined now. He payed for his items and carried the bag out the door. I ran with my shorter legs, trying to catch up with him even though he was taking just normal steps. I managed to run infront of him and stretched my left arm, attempting to stop him. He looked at me with dismay in his eyes and just walked to the side. I spun around and grabbed his hand that was holding on to his just-bought items. He yanked his hand out of my grasp. Anger clearly all over his face, he gave me a cold stare and said darkly, " I was being polite just now. Don't test my limits, you psycho. Ain't no one got to be protected. " 

Trying to put up a brave front to not look weak, I was however, terrified by what he said. The words that came out of his mouth just sounded like pure darkness. Voidless. Cold. He then gave me a last glance and walked off.

Well, I just got to follow him then. 

 

 

 

A : Sorry for the late updates everyone! Second chapter finally up and I didn't wish for this to be quite short so I'll make up for it on Tuesday. It's a little boring so I apologize for that too.

So, Jong In is finally introduced but we still do not know his name heehee. Next chapter will be more interesting as things about Jong In start to unfold. So do subscribe and leave feedback for me :))