Chapter 8: Finale

I Want To See You

It has been two weeks after Jinyoung has gone to visit Mark in the hospital and clearing things up. Mark was discharged and brought back home, Jinyoung offered to let him stay at his apartment so he could make sure he’s fed and taken care of until he’s recovered completely but Mark declined politely, telling him that he didn’t want to bother Jinyoung and his roommate since they have work.  Jackson and Bambam took shifts in taking care of Mark and making sure he had everything he needed. Yugyeom had exams so he couldn’t help around as much, however, when he had some free time he would just shower Mark with hugs and kisses, Mark would playfully push him away.

Jinyoung visited Mark a lot, accompanied with food or coffee. They enjoyed each other’s company and things were definitely less awkward, and although they did kiss back at the hospital, it was never repeated later.  Jinyoung didn’t know what his status with Mark is at the moment since Mark didn’t really say anything after Jinyoung’s explanation at the hospital. Had Mark kissed him to shut him up? Or maybe out of pity? Was that Mark’s way to nicely let Jinyoung know that he doesn’t see him in a romantic way anymore?

Jinyoung sighed as he looked down at his watch, 2:44 P.M. He made his way up to Mark’s dorm and knocked on the door. He wanted to ask Mark about his feelings towards him, but he didn’t want to break the peaceful bubble they’re in right now. He loved being around Mark, he loved eating with him while watching Mark’s favorite gamers streaming his favorite games, and he loved staying up with Mark, laying on the bed in the dark as they whisper to each other about their pasts, their future, their dreams. The door swung open, extracting Jinyoung out of his thoughts, and revealing a grinning Mark who was only in shorts. Jinyoung gulps as he took in the sight in front of him, he was well aware of his face changing color as Mark approached him and pulled him into a tight hug. Mark had his arms wrapped around Jinyoung’s waist, and his head nuzzled into the crook of his neck. At this moment, Jinyoung decided it was a good time to thank whoever was responsible for making him taller than Mark, because this was the most adorable thing ever and his brain wasn’t able to process the situation.

Mark pulled away and dragged him inside, Jinyoung couldn’t control how fast his heart was beating right now. He placed the bag of groceries down on the table and proceeded to arrange every item in its place. Just as he was reaching up to open one of the cupboards, he felt a pair of arms wrap around him in a back hug. Jinyoung froze in his spot, he slowly looked over his shoulder and saw Mark with a soft smile on his face with his eyes closed. Jinyoung chuckled nervously, his heart fluttering at the gesture. He continued arranging the items with Mark still clinging to his back. After a while Mark eventually pulled away and plopped himself on the nearest chair and let out a loud sigh. Jinyoung raised an eyebrow and turned to face Mark, “What’s on your mind?” Jinyoung questions as he crouches down in front of Mark.

“I – I want to kiss you?” Mark stuttered as he played with the bracelet wrapped around his left wrist, a gift Jackson got him two years ago. Jinyoung grinned, “Are you asking me or telling me, Tuan?” Mark playfully nudged him but Jinyoung grabbed Mark and they both fell back onto the floor with Mark lying on top of Jinyoung, his face burning at the proximity. Jinyoung doesn’t hesitate and pulls Mark into a kiss. Their lips moved together gently and slowly as Jinyoung tugged the older closer. Mark deepened the kiss and Jinyoung whined, unable to stop the shivers that ran all over his body. After a while, Mark had to pull away for some much needed air, panting softly as he rested his forehead against Jinyoung’s. He opened his eyes and smiled at the wrecked looking Jinyoung beneath him.

“I,” Mark started, pressing a kiss onto Jinyoung’s forehead, “love,” another kiss to his nose, “you.” And a final kiss on his lips. Jinyoung’s eyes crinkled and his smile was the widest Mark has ever seen. “I’m sorry I didn’t say it back at the hospital. I wanted to be sure that you wanted me just as much as I want you.” Mark continued while caressing Jinyoung’s cheek and brushing his hair away from his face. “Mark,” Jinyoung had tears welling up in his eyes at this point, he didn’t trust his voice but he wanted Mark to know how much he means to him. He wanted to make up for the times when he couldn’t tell Mark how much he loved him or how much he cared about him. “I never thought I would get a second chance at love, mostly because I distanced myself from everyone except Jaebum and Youngjae. But then you came in and I couldn’t believe how easy it was to fall for you. Things between us may feel rushed to others, but not to me. I almost lost you.” Jinyoung’s voice cracked, but he took a deep breath and tried to continue as Mark trailed kisses on his cheeks, neck, jaw and any other place his lips could reach. “I already knew how much I loved you before, but I was in denial. The accident opened my eyes, because we aren’t immortal, we could die any day, any second, and I didn’t want to think about a day where I would lose you before I can tell you just how much I love you, Mark.” Mark wiped Jinyoung’s tears and adjusted his position so he was now lying beside Jinyoung instead of being on top of him.

Mark rested his head on Jinyoung’s chest, and thought back to the last few months. He never would’ve imagined ending up here, lying on the kitchen floor cuddled up with his lover. “Be mine.” Mark spoke as he looked up at Jinyoung who was now beaming. Jinyoung immediately cupped Mark’s face and pulled him into another kiss. Mark couldn’t help the smile that crept onto his face, he was genuinely happy, the happiest he’s ever been. “I’ll take that as a yes?” Mark giggled as Jinyoung nodded vigorously.

They laid there peacefully for a couple of hours, not paying any attention to the sound of the door opening. Jackson walks in and sighs, “Please tell me you didn’t on my kitchen floor.” Jackson says dramatically as he pinches the bridge of his nose. Jinyoung was blushing furiously while Mark just laughed. “First of all, OUR kitchen. Second of all, no we didn’t. Unlike you and your boyfriends, I prefer on a comfortable bed, not on a small couch—yes I know that you guys ed on my favorite couch—or on the kitchen counters.” After Mark was done rambling Jackson pulled his lips into a tight line and then placed a hand around his ear, “Oh? What’s that? Is that Bambam calling me? See you later!” He blurted out as he quickly walked out of the dorm, leaving Jinyoung and Mark to laugh until their sides hurt.

____________________________________________________________________________________

5 Months Later

“Do you guys actually think it’s a good idea to let Jackson drive? I mean no offense but like, have you actually seen him drive without almost getting us killed at least three times?” Youngjae asks concernedly as he adjusts his position on the van seat so he could be closer to Jaebum. Jackson gasps and turns to look at Youngjae, “First of all, how DARE you? Second of all, he’s kind of right but there’s no way in hell I’m letting Jaebum drive. Youngjae would breathe and Jaebum would lose control of the car while making heart eyes at his boyfriend.” Jackson finished and everyone but Jaebum broke into a fit of laughter.

In the end, they decided to let Jinyoung drive. Despite not having much experience with driving vans before, he was pretty decent. Mark was right next to him in the passenger seat, while the rest were seated in the back. The reason they were in a van (which belonged to Youngjae’s brother), was because they decided to go on a road trip. It was a sudden idea that came to Yugyeom an hour into watching Ponyo for the 434th time. Yugyeom’s boyfriends wanted to just…drive, with no map and no specific destination, but the (kind of) logical person in Mark disagreed, lecturing them on the importance of knowing what they’re getting themselves into; eventually they gave in and let the elders (excluding Jackson) take care of the reservations and whatsoever.

It was currently 5 P.M, everyone had fallen asleep at some point except for Jinyoung and Mark. ‘Like We Used To’ by The Rose was playing on the radio and Jinyoung was humming along to the song. Mark placed a hand on Jinyoung’s thigh to grab his attention. Jinyoung pulled over at a gas station and turned to Mark who was flashing him a smile. Mark’s eyes held so much love, you can see it from miles away. He was whipped for Jinyoung that was for sure, and what made this whole ordeal so much better, was the fact that Jinyoung loved him too, he loved him so much.

Jinyoung also loved the night sky, he loved the stars and the moon and Mark already knew of that. One night when Jinyoung took him out for stargazing he had told him, “Mark, you’re my night sky, my star and my moon.” Mark thought that was cheesy as hell but he still felt so touched at the declaration that he couldn’t help but throw himself into the younger’s embrace.

Jinyoung placed his hand on top of Mark’s hand that was still laying on his thigh. They obviously had their ups and downs, they do have their occasional argument but they loved each other. They were destined to be together through all the good and bad times. Jinyoung moves his hand up to Mark’s cheek and pulls him into a passionate kiss. No matter how many times they’ve kissed in the duration of their relationship, the heart fluttering sensation wouldn’t go away, it was like they were having their first (real) kiss all over again. Right as Jinyoung pulls away, still looking at Mark like he held the stars in his eyes, he hears a collective ‘ewww’ coming from the back where their friends were seated and supposedly asleep. Both Jinyoung and Mark chuckle, neither wishing for anything more than the company of each other, and their friends too (well, sometimes).

I love you.’ Jinyoung mouthed while facing Mark.

I love you, too.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading if you've gotten this far, thanks for the comments and the support!! :")