Chapter 3

I Want To See You

It was the day of the promised party and Mark left the dorm to go grocery shopping since Bambam, Jackson and recently, Yugyeom too, have been raiding his fridge and cupboards for anything edible. The grocery was just a couple of minutes away from the dormitories. He walks in and makes his way towards the coffee aisle. He scans the shelves in hopes of finding his favorite French roast coffee, only to find it at the highest shelf. He gets on his tip toes to reach the bag of coffee, only to lose his balance and fall backwards. Mark shuts his eyes and prepares himself for impact. He waits for the pain to take over his body as a result of the fall. He then waits another second before realizing that there was no pain and he did not fall. What he did feel, was a strong pair of arms wrapped around his waist holding him steady.

He carefully opens one eye to take a peek, only to be met with Jinyoung’s face a few inches away from his own. Mark’s eyes widen in shock as he examines the younger boy’s face. The first thing he noticed was Jinyoung’s hair. It wasn’t slicked back the way it always is at the café, it was lying on his forehead in a fluffy mess. Although it was 4 P.M, it looked like Jinyoung had just woken up, but he still looked breathtakingly beautiful. He was flashing Mark an open mouthed smile and Mark was completely lost in Jinyoung’s warm eyes, but he was soon taken out of his daze as Jinyoung cleared his throat. Mark realized he must be a blushing mess at the moment.

Mark steps out of Jinyoung’s embrace and whines internally at the loss of contact. “That would’ve been a nasty fall.” Jinyoung remarked and giggled. Mark laughed nervously as he thanked Jinyoung for saving him from falling on his . Jinyoung moves from his spot to grab (very effortlessly) the bag of coffee Mark was aiming for. He hands it to Mark before pouting, “Is my coffee not good enough?” Jinyoung questions. Mark shakes his head a little too vigorously. “Of course not!” Mark slaps himself, internally of course, he’s determined not to embarrass himself in front of Jinyoung any further. “I meant, of course it is! Your coffee is good. Like really good.” Mark chuckled before continuing. “It’s just…knowing that I have coffee at hand to help with the all-nighters that don’t give me the chance to leave my house to grab something from your café.”

Jinyoung let out a laugh that sounded absolutely angelic. Mark didn’t think a sound like this could come out of an average human being. “I was just teasing you, don’t worry about it.” Jinyoung shoves his hands into his pockets. He was dressed in a blue sweater that seemed to be a little too big for him, along with black sweatpants that hugged his body in the right places. Jinyoung was dressed so casually but could still manage to put some models out of business with his looks. “I’ll see you at the party tonight, right?” Jinyoung tilts his head to the side as he asks, adorable, Mark thinks. “Of course, I’ll probably be there a bit before the party starts. Bambam and Jackson shouldn’t be left without adult supervision.” Jinyoung snickers and Mark feels pretty accomplished for making Jinyoung laugh.

After they parted ways, Jinyoung makes it back to his apartment. He’s been living with Jaebum for almost 2 years now. Rent wasn’t getting any cheaper and he needed a roommate so he asked Jaebum. “Dude, that’s genius. How come your smartass didn’t think of this any earlier?” Jaebum questioned at the time, Jinyoung rolled his eyes.

He walks in and the first thing he notices is the mess in the kitchen. There’s flour everywhere and Jaebum wasn’t anywhere near the mess. Jinyoung narrows his eyes as he scans the rest of the kitchen and living room. He looks over to Jaebum’s room to find two heads poking out from behind the door.

“JINYOUNG! This is Youngjae’s fault I swear! He wanted to bake something for Mark and his friends.” Jaebum yells, still hiding behind the door. Youngjae gasps at his boyfriend’s betrayal. “How dare you throw me under the bus when I just gave you a blow-“ Jinyoung places his hands on his ears and cuts off Youngjae, “Please, Youngjae, how many times do I have to ask you not to discuss your life with me.”

“Well, someone has to keep you entertained since both your love life AND life are boring.” Jaebum chuckled. Jinyoung groans at the mention of his nonexistent love life. After his last relationship, Jinyoung swore to never date anyone ever again.

“I’m just going to adopt 4 cats and be happy and carefree.” Jinyoung announced one morning while Jaebum was busy shoving a piece of toast into his mouth. “Youngjae is allerg-” Jaebum tried to reply but was soon cut off by Jinyoung, “Did I stutter, ?” Jaebum looked up from his phone, and put on the most offended look he could assemble.

“I’m going to take a shower and get ready for the party. By the time I’m done this mess better be cleaned up.” Jinyoung threatens as he points his finger at Youngjae and Jaebum, who were still hiding behind the bedroom’s door.

Later that night; 7 P.M

“Mark! Get your out of my lavish bathroom and show us your outfit.” Bambam yells as he knocks on the bathroom door that Mark locked himself in earlier. For some reason, Mark agreed to let Bam dress him for the party. Bambam squealed when Mark accepted without much convincing and ran to grab the most eye-catching outfit he could find in his closet. He handed Mark a pair of very skinny black jeans, along with a maroon silk shirt accompanied with a choker of the same fabric and color. Mark didn’t pay it much attention until he put it on and looked at himself in the bathroom’s mirror. He hasn’t realized how revealing the shirt is until it was on his body.

This outfit was completely out of Mark’s comfort zone as he was used to wearing oversized hoodies along with some ripped jeans or sweatpants, but nothing as revealing as the outfit he’s in right now. After a couple more knocks and curses coming from not only Bambam, but Jackson as well, Mark takes a deep breath and comes out. He glares daggers at both of them as they start whistling at the sight in front of them.

“You better get laid tonight, or I’ll be very disappointed.” Bambam wiggles his eyebrows. Mark groans but he knows there’s no way he could get out of this situation since the party is starting soon. “You invited Jinyoung and his friends right?” Jackson asks, Mark nods and thinks about the fact that he’ll get to hang out with Jinyoung tonight. He was hoping he’d get to know the younger better. “Is he closing the café for today then?” This time, it was Bam’s turn to ask.

“Nah, he has Taehyung, Jimin and Minhyuk taking care of it for today.” Both Jackson and Bambam nod and start dragging Mark into the main room. “Come on, Yugyeom is already here with Jungkook and people will start coming in soon.” The three of them make their way to greet the others.

An hour later, Jinyoung arrives along with Jaebum and Youngjae who were holding hands like the sickeningly cute couple that they are. Jinyoung scans the room that is now filled with people dancing and drinking the night away. He looks to his side to ask Jaebum and Youngjae if they wanted a drink, but he realizes that he was already ditched. He sighs and makes his way to the bar (which was just a long table with a couple of stools placed in front of it). He spots Jackson who is bartending for tonight, so he takes a seat and waits for Jackson to finish up a drink he’s making before talking to him. Jackson then notices Jinyoung and greets him, “Hey dude! You guys made it.” Jackson flashed him a wide smile. Jinyoung smiles and nods. “Have you seen Ma-“ before he could continue his sentence, Mark appears beside him, looking slightly flushed from the alcohol. “Jinyoung!” Mark says in a cute high pitched voice.

“I gave him a couple of shots to loosen him up.” Jackson snickers. Jinyoung then takes a proper look at Mark, sizing him up and inhales sharply. Mark looked too good in that outfit and Jinyoung was trying so hard not to stare. “Looking good tonight, Mark.” Jinyoung leans closer so Mark can hear him over the sound of the music. Mark starts blushing at the compliment, “You don’t look so bad either.” Mark smirked. He didn’t know where this confidence was coming from but he didn’t hate it, so he made a mental note to thank Jackson later. Mark decides to lay off and drink soda instead, just in case the others were too drunk to even walk. Jinyoung on the other hand, was now on his 4th beer? Who’s counting anyways?

Apparently drunk Jinyoung was a giggling mess, a cute one, too. Mark was telling him the story of when he locked Jackson out of their dorm because he broke Mark’s favorite mug, the one that was covered in pictures of his favorite girl group. Jinyoung laughed even harder when he saw Jackson place a hand over his chest, as to show how offended he still is over the incident that happened almost a year ago.

“I’m going to go to the bathroom for a second, alright?” Mark got up, but made sure that Jackson would keep an eye on Jinyoung, who was not in the condition to be left alone around a bunch of strangers. Just as Mark was walking away, he felt a hand hold his wrist. He looked back only to find Jinyoung holding him and pouting. “Maaark, don’t leave me with Jackson.” Mark giggled at how adorable Jinyoung was acting, and made sure to hold this against him later. He then assured Jinyoung that he’ll come back in no time.

Mark makes his way into the corridor that had multiple doors, he tried to remember which door led to the bathroom that he was in earlier, but his head felt hazy. After a minute of contemplating he opens one of the doors, assuming it was the bathroom. He looks up to be met with an appalling view: Bambam was straddling someone on the bed…the person beneath Bambam was definitely not Jackson. The boy under Bambam looks up, Yugyeom. Mark recognizes the black-haired boy and gasps in shock. Was Bambam cheating on Jackson?

The last thing Mark hears before retreating out of the bedroom and back into the crowd in the main room was: “Mark! Wait, let me explain!”