Chapter 4

I Want To See You

Mark walked as fast as he could, trying not to lose his balance. He made it back to the bar where Jinyoung was holding a glass and Jackson was making drinks for a group of girls, Mark frowns as thought about how Jackson would feel when he finds out about Bambam and Yugyeom. Mark snatches the drink out of Jinyoung’s hands and downs it. Jinyoung looks at him in shock and a little bit of offense. Mark starts walking away but then feels a hand grabs his own. “I’m coming with you.” Jinyoung speaks as he tries to get up but almost falls over. Mark holds him steady. “Aren’t you leaving with Jaebum and Youngjae?” Mark questions and tries to properly hold Jinyoung so he wouldn’t fall. Jinyoung shakes his head.

“I can’t find them. I’ll just take a taxi later.” Mark nods and walks out of the apartment while keeping a steady hand wrapped around Jinyoung’s waist. “Are you okay? You look kind of upset and I can’t tell if it’s the alcohol or if something actually happened.” Jinyoung asks, looking concerned at Mark’s state. Mark lets out a loud sigh. “It’s just, I don’t know how to explain this. I don’t feel like talking about it.” Jinyoung nods as they walk through the street. “You can crash at my dorm if you want. I doubt Jackson would be back tonight.” Mark asks in a low voice and he didn’t expect Jinyoung to hear him, but he smiles at that and nods. “Will you cook something for meee?” Jinyoung asks as he tries to get out of Mark’s grip only to hold both of Mark’s hands. Mark blushes and chuckles nervously.

“I can try, but don’t blame me if you get poisoned.” Jinyoung gasps at that, “You can’t be a worse cook than Youngjae and I, so I’ll risk it.” He then turns back to where he was earlier and wraps Mark’s arm around his waist. As they continue walking back to the dorms, Jinyoung spots a cat behind a bush and plops himself down on the ground as he tries to pet it, Mark snickers at how adorable (very drunk) Jinyoung is, and tries to get him off the ground so they can make it back to the dorm. Mark was definitely a lot more sober than Jinyoung, but his head was still buzzing.

They make it into the dorm after a couple of minutes of Mark fumbling with the keys, trying to unlock the door. Jinyoung walks in and takes a look at the place. Mark gets embarrassed once he realizes how messy their dorm must look, as he didn’t have time to clean up today. “Sorry about the mess. Can’t really help it when I practically live with three children.” Mark giggles but then he scowls as he remembers the sight he walked in on. Jinyoung ignored Mark’s comment and threw himself on one of the couches.

“You know what, I’m not even hungry anymore. I just want to sleep.” Jinyoung murmured, closing his eyes and trying to get comfortable on the couch. Mark let out a soft laugh and called for Jinyoung to follow him into his room so he could give him something more comfortable to sleep in. Jinyoung walks in and sits at the edge of Mark’s bed as Mark rummaged through his clothes to find something that would fit Jinyoung. Jinyoung was a year younger than Mark, but he was taller. Mark hands him one of his big hoodies, but goes into Jackson’s room to search for a pair of sweats or shorts that Jinyoung could wear. After finding one he finds Jinyoung already fast asleep on his bed. Mark smiles at the sight and moves over to cover him with the blanket. Jinyoung hums in satisfaction and Mark realizes that he may not be asleep after all.

“Come on, you need to get changed into something more comfortable.” Mark announces as he hands Jinyoung the clothes he brought. Jinyoung groans and pulls Mark onto the bed. “Just shut up and sleep here.” Jinyoung mumbles with his eyes still closed. Mark’s bed wasn’t really big, but it could still fit two people. However, Jinyoung was close, too close. Mark froze in his spot as felt Jinyoung’s breath on his neck. Jinyoung pries his eyes open to find Mark looking up at the ceiling with his arms over crossed over his chest. He didn’t know what or why he was doing it, but he wrapped his arm around Mark’s torso and tried to get more comfortable. Mark’s breath hitched at how much closer Jinyoung was now. “Hey, Mark?” Mark hummed, not trusting his voice. “Can you kiss me?” Jinyoung questions as he looks up at Mark. The room was dark, with only some light escaping from the half closed door, but Mark was hoping Jinyoung wouldn’t notice how red his face has turned at the question. Mark chuckles nervously and clears his throat. “Jinyoung, you’re drunk as hell. I don’t want you to do something you’d regret later.” Mark says, his voice betraying him by sounding a little worn out. Jinyoung keeps his eyes trained on Mark’s face, or what’s visible of it in the dark. “I won’t regret it. I promise.” Jinyoung raises his pinky and Mark laughs a little at the gesture. Jinyoung sneaks his arm that was previously wrapped around Mark a little higher, until it settles on top of Mark’s crossed arms. He tries to lift himself up and clashes his lips onto Mark’s as his eyes flutter shut, his hand trailing up Mark’s chest. Mark involuntarily lets out a small moan as he shifts closer and wraps his arms around Jinyoung’s waist for the third time this night. Before the kiss could get any further Jinyoung pulls away a little, gives Mark a peck on the cheek and goes back to his previous position of cuddling Mark. Mark takes a deep breath as his brain tried to process what on earth just happened. There was no way he could get any sleep now that he has felt Jinyoung’s lips against his own. “Goodnight, Mark.” Jinyoung mumbles, Mark says it back and tries to calm down his erratic heartbeat. Mark finally falls asleep soundly some time that night with his arms wrapped around the younger boy.

The next morning Mark wakes up to find Jinyoung still asleep, resting his head on Mark’s chest. Mark grins at the sight and doesn’t help but wonder, what will happen to their friendship? Somewhere along the way, Mark has already acknowledged and accepted his growing crush, but does this mean Jinyoung likes him back? Will Jinyoung even remember the kiss? To take his mind off of this whole situation, he tries to untangle himself from Jinyoung to go to the kitchen and prepare some breakfast. Before he does anything, he grabs a couple of painkillers and a cup of water and places them on the bedside table next to Jinyoung. Mark’s hangover wasn’t so bad, but Jinyoung will most probably have a terrible one. As he walks into the kitchen, his eyes wander to the couch to find Bambam laying on his back with his headphones on. He most probably didn’t hear Mark walking into the kitchen. He wonders if Jackson had found out about Bambam and Yugyeom because first of all, Bambam looks like , and he always looks too good, even in the morning. Second of all, he isn’t with Jackson, and those two are usually attached at the hip.

A couple minutes later Bambam notices Mark’s presence in the kitchen and immediately hops off of the couch and walks over to Mark. “Mark, please let me explain? We didn’t want to tell anyone yet and we didn’t know how to tell you.” Bambam tries to get Mark’s attention who was busying himself with cracking some eggs into the pan. “Tell me what? That my best friend is cheating on my best friend with my OTHER best friend?” Mark whispers angrily, not wanting to wake up Jinyoung.

Bambam looks confused for a second before he slaps himself in realization. “You idiot! This is why I asked you to let me explain,” Bam started, and took a deep breath before continuing. “Yugyeom is dating me AND Jackson.” Mark’s eyes widen in shock as he remembers his conversation with Yugyeom at the café the other day. “So, Mark, here’s the thing. I think I may like two people at the same time.” “Mhmm, and?” Mark looks at Yugyeom trying to read him to see where this is going. “And these two people happen to be…dating each other.”

Mark should’ve realized who Yugyeom was talking about, “Wait, so Jackson knows about this? And you’re all okay with it?” Mark questions trying to make sense of this whole situation. Bam nods and starts explaining what polyamory is to Mark. “I know what polyamory means, you little ! I’m just trying to process this. When did Yugyeom confess?” Mark looked back and realized Yugyeom has been hanging around the dorm more often, and would always be cuddled in between Bambam and Jackson on the couch. “Jackson and I liked Yugyeom for a while, but we didn’t know how to tell him or even if we were going to, but then he walked in on us making out on your couch and, well it just happened I guess.” Mark cringes as he recalls all the unfortunate times he had to walk in on Jackson and Bambam, and now it’s probably going to get worse with Yugyeom in the mix. “Well as long as you guys are happy, I’ll be good. I’m glad I didn’t have to chase you around campus to murder you both for hurting Jackson.” Bambam giggles and moves closer to where Mark was almost done with breakfast.

“Enough about us, please tell me you got laid last night.” Right after Bam finished his sentence, Jinyoung walks out of Mark’s room and into the kitchen. “Morning.” Jinyoung spoke groggily, rubbing his eyes. Bambam lets out a loud laugh as he looks in between Mark and Jinyoung. Mark glares at Bam in hopes that he would get the hint and shut up, and maybe leave. “Good morning, Jinyoung. I’m going to go now, Jackson and Yugyeom stayed at my apartment so I’ll go join them. You guys have fun.” He wiggled his eyebrows at Mark before walking out of the dorm and closing the door.

“What’s he so loud for?” Jinyoung scoffed. “Thanks for the pain killers, by the way.” Jinyoung sat on one of the chairs around the small dining table that Jackson had purchased a year and a half ago. It fit 4 people, and had ugly yellow flowers covering it. Mark smiled at him as he placed a plate with mouthwatering breakfast in front of Jinyoung. “And you claimed to be a bad cook?” Jinyoung mocked. Mark wondered if he remembered the kiss they shared, since he did remember Mark telling him about his culinary skills. “Don’t praise me until you eat it and make it to see another day.” Mark teased as he sat on one of the chairs and dug in. He was starving as he couldn’t finish his lunch yesterday before Bambam dragged him away to get him ready for the party.

Over breakfast Mark and Jinyoung talked about the party, Mark told Jinyoung what had happened with Bambam and why he was upset last night. Jinyoung then showed Mark the texts he received from both Youngjae and Jaebum last night. One of the texts from Youngjae on their group chat read: “Jaebum, baby, don’t worry, he probably got lucky ;-)” Mark chuckled as he read it.

They spent the rest of the morning talking about their interests and stories about their friends. They talked about almost everything except for the one thing Mark was waiting for Jinyoung to bring up. The kiss. However, Jinyoung had to leave to go check on the coffee shop and make sure that everything is fine, nothing is on fire, and no one died. Mark frowned as he thought about the fact that Jinyoung didn’t remember the kiss. Mark kept thinking about whether his brain made it up, but he did feel Jinyoung’s lips, he did kiss him. He wasn’t imagining it. He could still feel Jinyoung’s lips against his own.