wan

Airport

It's his first time. He's never been in this situation. Maybe that's why he's nervous. Or maybe the fact that he knows a lot about it. He's seen a lot of videos, films, everyone has talked to him about their experiences. But that doesn't seem to relax him. He remembers all the times he lied about it. "What about you, Sehun" his friends and acquaintances would ask. And he'd always ended up lying. Saying yes, the first time was hard but now he's a pro. He has been handling this situation pretty well so far. Coming here is already a victory. At least I didn't run away, he convinces himself.
Until this woman came into his view.
"Ladies and gentlemen, the Captain has the 'Fasten Seat Belt' sign'. If you haven't already..."
.
Now it's really happening and Sehun can't get off this demonic transport that rises his blood pressure to the sky. He focus on listening the young woman's indications. But he's done his research. If he was going to get on a plane then he better know what the hell do in any situation. Yes, he'd accept that maybe binge watching on "Mayday" episodes was not the best idea. But he already did it. And what about it? He is prepared to land the plane on a river if it's necessary (Season 9 Episode 5). But he would pretty much not go through that experience.
Are you ok?
Huh?
You seem nervous, are you okay?

I'm about to spend the next thirteen hours suspended on air, Sehun thinks.
Ah, yeah. I'm a bit nervous.
It's your first time?

Sehun remembers that time a friend defined him as a "reserved person". It's not that he doesn't like to talk. It's just that he gets unconfortable. But he knows this person means well. At least for now.
Yeah... first time.
Ah... I see...

See? This is what Sehun doesn't like. When the small talk reaches that point where there is nothing more to say. And it's awkward.
I'm Sooyoung, the girl says and holds her hand out for him. Sehun looks at her and shakes her hand softly.
I'm Sehun, she smiles. 
I'm sure in a few minutes we'll be able to watch a movie or listen to music. Maybe that'd help you.
Ah, thanks. Yeah, I'm sure. I was hoping to sleep too. Sehun, why are saying all of this? This girl doesn't really care if you're going to sleep or read a book about Mandela.
Sleeping sounds good too, she hasn't stopped smiling since they started talking. This girl has a nice smile, she doesn't need to show her teeth to make her face shine. She also seems younger than him, but maybe not much, just a few years.
So where are you going? I mean... I know the destiny is London but... are you staying there or...
Yeah. London.
Sehun can't help but think about his mom who's waiting there for him. And you?
London she says, maybe way too happy. Sehun can't understand what makes her happy about London. Yes, the city is nice, but that's all. At least that's the idea he's made of London. He's anticipating a possible trip to east europe the most. He has a list of the places he wants to visit there, museums and historical sites. 
Do you have family there?
No. This trip is a gift from my parents. I don't know anyone there...
It's okay. I don't know a lot of people there either.
Are you visiting friends?
My mom.
He can't believe he's being this open with a complete stranger. But the girl is nice. He can't deny that.
Oh. That's cool.
The conversation is interrupted when the announcement that the airplane is going to take off is done. Sehun straightens himself on his seat. By his side, Sooyoung has noticed his anxiety and finds it funny because it's smiling at him.
Don't be nervous she says and puts his hand over his. He looks at her and try to smile. He's suffering a lot. Maybe it was better to take some kind of medication like her mom told him.
He closes his eyes until the plane takes off and is steadily flying. He only realizes it's over when his hand is squeezed. 
It's over. Sooyoung hand hasn't left his since she last spoke to him.
Thanks.
The rest of the flight Sooyoung eats and watches a movie, while Sehun listens to some music and dozes off. So far this flight hasn't been as bad as he was expecting. The landing... well, Sehun can't tell he's getting used to that feeling. To be honest, the landing is even worse than the take off, and even the once confident girl beside him looks scared. Once it's time to leave the plane Sehun notice Sooyoung is trying to tell him something.
Do you have a place to go Sooyoung? A hotel or something?
Mmm... no... but I'll find something.
Sehun panics, how can someone be this unprepared on a foreign country?
Do you think is going to be hard for me here Sehun? I don't have anything planned, to be honest... Sooyoung seems to be doubting her 'no-planned' trip, and Sehun wants to give her a bit of reassurance.
I think you're going to be okay Sooyoung.
Thanks.
Her pretty smile is back again.
Enjoy your trip Sooyoung.
Enjoy your time with your mom Sehun.


Sehun can't believe his first flight it's already over. It wasn't that bad. Probably because of Sooyoung. And he didn't thank her. Maybe he'll find her on the streets of London. But maybe not. He hopes she takes care and goes back safely to South Korea.
He spots his mom in the crowd. And they hug. He really missed her.
You're all grown up Sehun.
You look pretty mom.

They start talking on the way to her car. But Sehun is still thinking on the girl that held his hand on the take off.
Mom, wait... give me a minute. He runs to the entrance again and spots Sooyoung talking with a woman.
Hey he says and Sooyoung turns to look at him.
Sehun!
I didn't thank you for helping me on the plane. I'm so stupid.
It's okay.

Let me thank you. Let's go eat something.
No no, I'm fine. You need to meet your mom.
I already found her. Come on, let's go the three of us. She's really nice, I promise.
Sooyoung laughs.
I don't know.
Come on
Sehun says and grabs her suitcase. They start walking towards the exit.
Are you sure your mom won't mind? I mean, I'm sure she'll want to enjoy every minute with you after missing you...
We'll have enough time for ourselves, don't worry about it. And she'll enjoy talking with another korean. She misses South Korea a lot.
Okay.
You seemed really composed on the flight.
You'll lose that fear with more experience.
Do you travel a lot Sooyoung?
No, it was my first time too.

 

This is what happens when you want to write fluff but is not on your nature. I'm heartless heartless (shoot anonymous).
Hopefully second part will be fluffy foofy.