Chapter 2

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thank you for visiting my Lady, prince Carl. Safe travels." Mr. Kwon bid the prince farewell. He waited until the Bugatti disappeared from their driveway. He shook his head and went back inside.

 

The Lady already retired to her room. He knows better than to disturb her. He'll talk to her tomorrow.

 

-Dara's room-

 

 

Dara watched the car disappear from view from her window before drawing her curtains closed. She then went to her studio which is adjoined to her bedroom. She'd paint again. That's what she does at night until she feels the need to sleep. When she was a newly turned vampire, she envied the old vampires so much because in their world, the older you are, the powerful you get. Now that she is very old, how she wishes she could turn back time. If not, at least she hoped she has the power to control time. Just like her little need to feed, she also doesn't need to sleep for a long time. So with those factors, she pours her frustration, time and longing into art.

 

She'd paint anything, she lets her fingers take the lead. It's true that your senses improve significantly when you become a vampire and it's the only thing that brings her some sort of joy in this life, if this can even be considered joy.

 

As usual, she only stopped painting when she felt her eyelids get heavy and her body feels almost 'tired' except it's really not because they never get tired. She washes her hands, changed to her sleeping clothes and climbs to bed. 

 

-In one of the rooms downstairs-

 

Adam sat in his room, thinking of the Lady and the prince. It's a common misconception that once you have everything, you'll be the happiest person in the world. He too, thought the same when he was young. However, living in this mansion just taught him that you could have the most comfortable bed and it still won't give you the best sleep. You can have the most delicious food but have no appetite for it, exactly like what Arne Garborg said. 

 

He thought the prince would be the answer to his prayers. That he'd make his Lady happy. "Why are you so stubborn?", he thought. Adam took out his family's photo album. When he feels down, he finds comfort in scanning over the photos of his parents and reminiscing the time they were still alive. The Lady had told him he can leave and retire if he wishes but he himself chose to stay. If she saved his parents, he would repay her with his service just like they did. Adam had gone to sleep still clutching the photo album.


It's half past 5 when Dara awakened. She stood up and walked downstairs. She looked towards the direction of Adam's room. Somet

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter