Chapter 1

Her
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Present day


Dara

She's 34 in human age but the truth is, she's almost as old as time. Contrary to what people think, among other things, vampires have developed the ability to walk in daylight and so here she is, strolling along the forest. Gone were the times when she still felt emotions. Yes, she can still be swayed but it's unpredictable who or what can bring forth certain feelings from her. She only moves so as not to stay in 1 place. She only still wakes for the hope that a new day brings with it something worth "living" for. There was even an incident when she forgot about everything and fell into a trance in the middle of the street that people crowded around her, wondering if she has gone mad. Even then, she can't remember how she was awakened. 

 

She felt her phone vibrate and debated against herself whether she should take it or not. She knows it's Mr. Kwon, her butler. It may sound old fashioned but there are things she prefers to stay the same, and one of them is calling him a butler instead of a personal assistant. At the end, she decided to answer the call.

 

"Hello Mr. Kwon."

 

"Lady Park. I hope you didn't think of ignoring me."

 

Mr. Kwon knows it's futile to joke around with her because she usually doesn't get it but he still tries his best hoping one day he can make her laugh.

 

"You very well know I wish I can. What is it that made you call?" 

 

Adam's family has been serving her for years. When he was young, he was told that Lady Dara saved his parents' lives that's why both of them decided to serve her for the rest of their days. As he grew older, he noticed that The Lady doesn't age. She remained immaculately beautiful and young while he grew old and wrinkly. Since she became a part of his family's life, he got accustomed to her unchanging self despite consciously knowing it's not normal. He didn't really got to talk about it with his parents except once when he was still a boy and his curiousity was at its peak. 

 

 

-45 Years ago-

 

 

"Mama, is Miss Dara an alien? There's something weird about her." 

 

"How many times do I have to remind you to call her Lady Park? And no, The Lady isn't an alien. She's special. Now shush it and go and fetch your papa, it's time for dinner." He knew his mother was just trying to avoid the topic but he was young and Lady Park was just one of the things that made him curious.

 

They were living with Lady Park in her mansion and he was on his little way when he saw The Lady in the balcony, reading a book. He stopped in his tracks and just stared at her. He knows it's impolite but he can't help it. Whenever he's around her, he felt being pulled towards her and she would always know when he's staring. Like now, she looked up from her book and stared at him. Almost as if she expected him to be there when there was no way for her to know that. She beckoned for him to come closer and that's what he did. He was only a step away from her now.

 

"Best not to keep your mama waiting. You know how she is when she gets mad."

 

And just like that, he remembers that he was on his way out to look for his father. After that time, he never paid attention to his unanswered questions about The Lady and they continued to live and serve her until his parents'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter