Twin Connection

Sister, dearest
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I really do want to thank everyone who reviewed the first chapter. I’m glad that so many of you seem to be interested in this fic. Here’s chapter 2 and it starts in Irene’s POV. Most of this chapter will probably be in her POV I think.

 

Sponsor mentions: As always, thank you very much to my sponsors. I appreciate all of you so much: fabricsoftener, AvryGeist171,royalshipper2122, DTHDHR, Bernkaset, Casti1004, jasonds,  ZombieJuhyun, Rita_1211, sleepyRu, Karasxo, falsuki, wittyadie95, Fantasiii, Km62201n, Eris78, captainsnsd, User_name1200, Androsssss, pinkpinkypin, TwFishy, hiraiim-trash, theRequiem78, jyrus_21, Alexausta, Mmm2392, Seosunny, Seulbear9394, and cwright01. Thank you so much for being sponsors. ^^




 

Some of Bae Irene’s earliest memories were of being mistaken for her twin sister. It’s a common mistake to make, after all her face isn’t her own and hasn’t been since the day she was born. She is Joohyun’s identical twin sister and there was no getting around it. Irene remembers the first time someone mistook her for Joohyun, and she had never forgotten the feeling behind it.


 

(Flashback)

 

The twins are six now and Mrs. Bae really adores dressing her twin girls alike. Today both sisters are in matching yellow dresses and hair in cute pigtails. You really couldn’t tell the difference had it not been for the different color scrunchies in their hair. Mrs. Bae noticed that Irene seemed to favor purple over any other color. Joohyun wasn’t terribly picky with colors, but did seem to like pink over anything else. The parents took their children to the park and watched them play. It was heartwarming to see the twins going up and down the slide and running hand in hand to the swingset.

 

“They are so adorable, dear.” Mrs. Bae smiles and her husband nods in agreement. They may have not been originally prepared for twins. But they love their daughters and have adjusted well to their two children. The twins end up seperated for a bit with Joohyun going over to sandbox to build a sandcastle. Irene has no interest in what her sister is doing in this moment, and she heads over to her parents. Maybe they can go for ice cream after.

 

“Mommy,” She tugs on her mother’s sleeve.

 

“Yes, dear?”

 

“Can we go for ice cream after, please?”

 

“Oh, Hyun. You and your sweet tooth.”

 

The smile from Irene’s face fades and is soon replaced with a frown. She stomps her tiny foot on the ground.

 

“I’m Irene, mommy! I’m not Hyun.”

 

“Oh…” Mrs. Bae looks embarrassed for a moment. “I’m sorry, sweetie.”

 

“I’m not Hyun…” The little girl repeats again with angry tears in her eyes. She is not her sister and how come her parents don’t know that by now. They are twins but not the same.

 

(End)


 

It was always hard on Irene being mistaken for Joohyun. It started really with their parents sometimes mistaking them both, and Irene never forgot how angry that made her feel. She is nothing like her sister and made sure everyone knew that. In school especially it was the worst where teachers would always get them confused. Irene used to act out especially to distance herself from her studious sister. The younger twin figured that if she did something to bring more attention to herself, even if it was in a negative way. It was better than having people call her Joohyun by accident. The now 28-year-old gets up from bed. She had a terrible night falling asleep and Irene figured it had to do with the fact that Joohyun called her. It has been 6 years since she has spoken a word to Joohyun, and yesterday was hard for her, more so than she first realized. Just hearing Joohyun’s voice made her feel ill. Irene hates Joohyun more than anything, well she also hates her parents too.

 

“Should I go to this dinner?” The brunette wonders. As much as she does want to see Seulgi again. Can she really stomach being around her sister and her parents. Irene knows how everyone will act. Her parents will fawn over her and act happy to see her. Perhaps she’ll get a lecture that she won’t listen to. Joohyun will want to catch up on lost time and probably tell her how much she missed her, and Irene isn’t interested in some sisterly reconnection. The only thing she wants is Seulgi. Kang Seulgi is the only thing she’s ever wanted. Irene sighs as she makes herself a mug of tea. Seulgi was always the only person who cared about her. Seulgi was really all she had for so long. Irene can still remember the first words Kang Seulgi ever spoke to her, and she had never forgotten.


 

(Flashback)


 

It was hard always being mistaken for Joohyun. The 9-year-old sat off by herself to avoid everyone. Not that it matters because everyone in class has a friend or two. Irene is mostly by herself except for the times she has to participate in group activities. She can see Joohyun sitting at the table with some of her friends. It’s why she turns and makes sure to wipe her tears away before anyone can see them. Irene thought maybe no one noticed, but someone did notice her. She hears footsteps and sees Kang Seulgi. She is probably one of the nicest girls in their class. It doesn’t hurt that she’s just the cutest thing ever because she looks similar with a baby bear with her round shaped ears, monolid eyes, and a cute button nose. Irene wipes away her tears. Seulgi is probably thinking she’s Joohyun or something, and Irene prepares a mean comment to get the monolid child to go. Only something else happens that she hadn’t expected.

 

“Are you okay, Irene?”

 

“W-What?” Irene whispers in surprise. Now this wasn’t what she saw coming. Irene figured that even Seulgi would call her Joohyun. Most people do at least once before getting to tell them apart. Seulgi is smiling with eyes forming crescents as she reaches her hand out.

 

“Are you okay?” Seulgi repeats.

 

“You know that I’m not Joohyun?” She sniffles some.

 

Seulgi nods. “I know you’re not Joohyun. Don’t sit over here alone. Why don’t you come sit with me and some of my friends. They’re really nice, I promise.”

 

Seulgi still has her hand out for Irene to take. Irene knows she has nothing to worry about because Seulgi is easily one of the nicest kids in class. She takes the offered hand and thanks the monolid child.

 

“Thank you, Seulgi.”

 

“You’re welcome, Irene. Don’t be sad.”

 

Seulgi smiles again and that smiles makes Irene want to smile too. The slightly taller girl takes her hand and Irene knows she’s never felt a better hand to hold but Kang Seulgi’s.

 

(End)

 

Seulgi always knew that she was Irene. She treated her kindly and was the one she loved being around the most. Seulgi should have been all hers in the first place, as she loved the girl from the very beginning. Irene still can’t understand how it is Joohyun had feelings for Seulgi this whole time. When they were kids and growing up Joohyun really was a bookworm and probably still is since she’s a lawyer. Irene can count on one hand the few times her sister did interact with Seulgi and it couldn’t possibly add up to what ended up happening, and that is Joohyun being in a relationship with Seulgi. It doesn’t make sense and it just boggles Irene’s mind to no end. 

 

“What to do?” Irene sighs. She is really conflicted about this event on Friday. Should she go or not? Seeing Seulgi again in person is very tempting and she needs to talk to her. All she needs is enough time to talk to the monolid woman about ending that unfortunate relationship with her sister. Irene knows she is the one who is actually right for Seulgi. It’s the two of them who have the most in common and belong together. She’ll be able to tell Seulgi she’s made a mistake for the past 9 years of being with Joohyun, and they’ll be together. A wrong will be corrected and everything will be fine. Her sister will simply have to get over it. She isn’t going to sit by and let Joohyun keep having someone who is hers.



 

Bae Joohyun woke up in the best of moods. She woke up to the strong but gentle hold of her fiancé and it’s been three weeks since she has felt those arms around her. The brunette turns back to look at her sleeping other half. Her poor bear was so exhausted when she picked her up from the airport last night, but perked up when she saw her. Joohyun had been so excited when she saw those familiar monolids and cute sleepy face that she had run into her arms immediately. It felt like too long since holding her fiancé in her arms and kissing her many times.

 

(Flashback)

 

Joohyun waited inside the airport for Seulgi as her flight had just landed. The lawyer is so excited that she can barely contain herself. Her bear-like love is finally going to be home and in her arms. Joohyun looks at everyone coming from the return flights area and is anxiously looking around for her monolid love. 

 

“Where are you, baby?”

 

It feels like forever as she sees many people still and no sign of Seulgi. Until finally she sees her dark-haired love coming towards her. Seulgi looks adorable with those sleepy eyes and face dressed in a white sweatshirt, dark jeans, and a baseball cap.

 

“Seul!” Joohyun shouts out and make a bit of a run to her. Seulgi looks more alert but only somewhat as she smiles sleepily.

 

“Hyun.”

 

“Hi, baby.” The slightly shorter woman hugs her tightly and nearly makes Seulgi drop her luggage but the monolid woman doesn’t care. She wraps her arms around her wife to be. They haven’t seen each other in too long.

 

“Missed you.” She hears Seulgi say in a half awake tone.

 

“I missed you too, Seul.” Joohyun moves back some to caress her cheeks and properly look at her. “You look so tired.”

 

“I’ve been working over in Europe and the flight was so long, Hyun. I just want to go to our place and sleep.”

 

Joohyun nods and wraps an arm around her which is cute because Seulgi is a little bit taller than her. They head to Joohyun’s Mercedes and as Seulgi is putting her luggage into the trunk Joohyun is right there to hug her.

 

“What’s this, hm?”

 

“You’re here and you're real. I can hold you again, Seul. I’m so glad you’re home.”

 

“I’m glad to be home too, Hyun.”

 

(End)

 

Joohyun leans over to leave a kiss to her cheek before getting up. She can finally make breakfast for Seulgi again after weeks apart, and she can’t wait. The brunette heads into their kitchen and begins to cook. They’ve been staying in Seulgi’s apartment for the last 3 years, but after the wedding they are planning to move into a house together. Further down the line they would like to have children. At this time with how busy they are in their careers it wouldn’t be good timing to have kids, but one day for sure. The thoughts of kids make Joohyun think of Irene. Irene who is her twin sister and whom she loves. She misses her sister and truly wants to work on their relationship. Joohyun wouldn’t want her future children to not know their Aunt. Seulgi would that since she is a twin perhaps when they have children it’s likely there could be twins.

 

There is nothing like that twin connection, and especially as she and Irene are identical. Joohyun is barely cooking when she feels two arms around her waist and soft kisses to the back of her neck. 

 

“Honey, I thought you were still sleeping?” Joohyun turns to look at her other half. Seulgi doesn’t look nearly as tried as she did last night, but Joohyun had hoped she would have slept longer.

 

“I’m fine, Hyun. Plus the bed was too empty without you.”

 

“Ah, smooth talker. Okay, sit and wait for breakfast. It’s been too long since I could cook for you.”

 

“I’ve missed your fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter