Four

The greatest love song of all time
Please log in to read the full chapter

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊
𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

 

It’s crazy how much you can find out about one person when you're living with them.
Byulyi noticed things about Hyejin from the very beginning of their coexistence, but now she just enjoys finding new ones.

First, Hyejin loves eating, but she has a strange relationship with food, probably because she tends to get fat: in the morning, she has breakfast with rice, soup, vegetable, omelet and some leftovers; they don't share breakfast ‘cause their schedules are different, but Hyejin always leaves delicious dishes on the table for her. Byulyi finds herself happy about it.

Second, Hyejin has terrible shifts, but she finds time to do chores every day; she doesn’t violate Byulyi's privacy in any way, she cleans her room and the common spaces, usually with earphones in her ears, singing aloud some pop song. Byulyi totally loves Hyejin’s voice.

Third, Hyejin can be lazy, extremely lazy, she loves to sit on the couch at the end of the day, watching tv and doing nothing. Byulyi, who usually arrives around 10 p.m. or shortly after, sits in the armchair and joins her with a book in her hands. They don’t necessarily have to talk, sometimes they find themselves enjoying each other's company in silence.
The presence of the younger girl in her house just warms Byulyi's heart, it really does; she did not realize how much she felt lonely in her huge apartment until now.
Bloody hell, Yongsun was right, she needs a special person in her life, she is totally starved for love; probably that’s why she feels attracted to Hyejin and her little gestures.
It all makes perfect sense.         

Fourth, Hyejin enjoys . Of course she does, she is young and beautiful and single.
Byulyi notices quickly that Hyejin tends to avoid bringing people at home, but sometimes happens, usually on weekends after her show, just like in that exact moment.
Wheein didn’t lie, Hyejin has a thing for one-night stands: she doesn’t like inviting twice the same person, except for one boy, a beta boy, who wears strange hats and fat pants; Byulyi spotted him 3-4 times in the last weeks, half- in the corridor, looking for the bathroom after , a dreamy expression on his face.
She hasn’t seen him in a while, though.
Tonight there is another young boy with Hyejin, with an unpleasant sweetish smell. An omega. 
Byulyi just gave up trying sleeping, Hyejin does a lot of noise during and, even though the room is down the hall, she can hear every moan. She bought earplugs for exactly these situations, but…

An excitant sound spreads in the house, followed by a funny squeak. Surely they’re having fun.
Byulyi absentmindedly tries to remember the last time she had , grabbing her phone to see the time. Probably six months ago or so.

00:32

It’s still early, and tomorrow she doesn’t work, maybe she should change her clothes and go outside, be merry. But really, why bother?
She is not old-fashioned, she had a lot of fun during high school and clerkship, but now it’s no longer about fun, but more about finding the right person for…well, love.
, maybe she is getting old for real.
Maybe her parents are right, she is taking the situation too lightly and she will remain alone.

A soft laugh shakes her from that dangerous thoughts, she hears the bathroom door closing with a slam, Hyejin laughing.
Byulyi rolls over under the sheet, running down the contacts on her phone. Her finger shortly lingers on the profile of her last ex. She is married now, she has a bunch of kids and a caring husband; probably she is happy, being a mother was her big dream.
Byulyi remembers the day they broke up, her ex-girlfriend had packed her things and left because Byulyi was never at home, stuck in the office.

Thank you for everything, but I don’t think you love me as I do. Goodbye.

And what changed?
Nothing. She still works like crazy and focuses all her energies on useless things that increase only her bank account.  She keeps avoiding the blind dates her friends arrange for her, like a hermit.
Being alone is a choice, sure, and it's not the same as feeling lonely, but now Byulyi is starting to wonder if she is running away from something serious. Is she scared? Of what?
Maybe, it's time to give herself a chance and find happiness.
Byulyi stares at the screen in a trance, and finally opens a well-known chat.
Things will not change if she doesn't try, aren’t they?

To: YeBa

“I surrender. Any pretty girl to introduce to me?”

 

«So, how was your date? She was pretty?»

Byulyi looks up from her book, surprised; she is back at home a couple of hours ago, but Hyejin had her nose in some magazine and she didn’t pay any attention to her. But now, the girl is sitting on the couch, an empty cup between her hands, her eyes focused only on her. 
«How did you know?»
«It was pretty obvious, Unnie», Hyejin voice is amused, playfully; she carelessly puts down what's in her hands and climbs up on the arm of her armchair, coming closer, «You were all dressed up, you even wore heels» she explains laughing.
«Ah», it is all Byulyi manages to say.
«So, was she pretty or not?»
«She was», and really, Yongsun’s friend was really pretty. Chorong, 29 years old, fully qualified nurse, has shown up with a shy smile on the face and a pair of spectacular legs.
They met at the little restaurant that Yongsun strongly recommended her for the first date right after work.
Chorong talked a lot after the first glass of wine, speaking about her family, dreams, work and aspirations for the future; Byulyi has listened, nodding sometimes, offering smiles and little else.
Surely, Chorong has a kind nature, respectful and compliant, but Byulyi didn’t feel anything in particular, not “love connection” or things like that. She barely talked.
Chorong didn’t comment it, mistaking her little interest for a reserved attitude.
So, at the end of the date, they had agreed to meet again, maybe in the weekend.
Byulyi isn't really convinced but, all things considered, Chorong is nice and they would be dumb to give up after the first date.
Chorong probably saw her as a kind alpha, who can offer her a nice life and maybe one or two children; Byulyi is healthy, good-looking, with a stable job, things that matter the most in a typical – stereotypical - omega life.
There was not love at first sight, but they could squeeze something good out of this. Maybe.

«It was nice» she eventually says, Hyejin is still wearing a funny smile, «She is good»
«Then, this is serious! We have to celebrate! Can I open the soju in the fridge?»
Byulyi nods, feeling tired all of the sudden; she follows the younger girl with her eyes, without being able to not stare at her thighs, at her hips, covered by a thin layer of cloth.

Hyejin’s curves are hot, her entire body is a work of art; Byulyi really can’t understand why the girl is constantly on diet, so critical about her appearance.
Hyejin’s body reminds her the y models in those magazines for teenagers, always photographed in bikini or little else, with their big and perfect butts.
Although Hyejin is softer, definitely not vulgar, just sensual in her speci

Please log in to read the full chapter