Two

The greatest love song of all time
Please log in to read the full chapter

𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝖌𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖊𝖘𝖙 𝖑𝖔𝖛𝖊 𝖘𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊
𝕿𝖜𝖔

 

Byulyi doesn’t know how she has become a pub regular. Probably it is Yongsun’s fault, like always.
After she told her about her encounter with Hwasa at the supermarket, Yongsun convinced her to go to the pub, because “You have to be there, stupid Byul!”.
So she’d worn her favorite suit, did all the makeup with unusual care and right after work she went there.
Hwasa’s performance was amazing (that time Byulyi paid attention to the words of the song; it wasn’t a love song) and, at the very end, she approached her, still a bit unsure. The younger girl had a smile that used to light up the entire pub.
«Did you like my song, unnie?» she asked. 
 «I loved it», and then their friendship began, probably. 

To be honest, Byulyi was a little surprised about the ease with which they bonded, despite the age difference, but Hyejin had been very friendly, funny and deliciously self-centered right away. She was irresistible.
Furthermore, Hyejin had forced her to help her with her new project and nothing, really nothing, cemented their relationship so much as music.  
Byulyi is loving this whole “music things” though, it reminds her of the old days, when she worked about her songs nonstop, even during class. 
Hyejin is the most gifted singer she has ever known, her lyrics are very intense, in some ways almost tragic, but her words don’t always work with the rhythm of the music. So Byulyi offers her help and now, well, she sits alone at the table, immersed in her work, just after closing time. 

«Hyejin is enslaving you?», asks a voice behind her. Byulyi smiles, shaking her head. 

The girl, long brown hair and black curious eyes, sits in front of her, absolutely not convinced.
Wheein has been a pleasant surprise; she is Hyejin’s…well, Byulyi doesn’t know it for sure, she doesn’t dare ask. 
Wheein is an adorable omega, always smiley and relaxed, with her funny head in the clouds; she is the head waitress of the pub, and she is almost always there when Byulyi comes after work.

«You can say “no”, you know? You should go home and rest»
«I don’t really mind, I actually enjoy it. Anyway,» Byulyi stares at her, the younger girl has dark circles under her eyes and she seems tired «I’ve never seen you say no to her»
«It’s too late for me Unnie», her tone of voice is not really playful as it should be «but it’s not for you»
Byulyi doesn’t reply, and an uncomfortable silence falls between them. 
What kind of relationship those two have…? 
At the beginning, Byulyi thought that they were partners (Wheein is always searching Hyejin’s hands and Hyejin almost once a day twirls Wheein’s hair with affection) but, as time went on, she noticed a sort of slight tension between them.
One minute they are cuddling like crazy, and then next…they not even talk to each other. 
Maybe they are going through about a couple crisis or something like that; that’s just her assumption, Byulyi doesn’t want to look like a meddler. 

«You know, it wasn’t always like this, there was a time when I could say no to her», Wheein says all of a sudden, bringing Byul to reality again, «That was really long time ago»
«How long?»
«We were both little girls, we used to be really stubborn», she cackles out softly «our favorite game was to pretend to play the princess who waited for her prince but…neither of us wanted to be the prince. Never. We always ended up arguing all day»
«I often played that game with my little sister too, you know? I was always the prince, but it wasn’t so bad. I had to save her from the dragon and married her»
Wheein’s eyes do not smile anymore, but laughs. A stinging ugly sound. 
«If I’d known this before, probably I would have surrendered to her those days»
«Since when have you known each other?» Byulyi finds herself asking, ignoring the hint of...sadness? in Wheein's tone.
Wheein grabs the wallet from her bag and shows her an old photo, with two young girls.
In the picture, Wheein e Hyejin were probably 12 years old and they had big, toothy smiles. So cute.

«Since forever. Same neighborhood, same school, same love for the music. We even moved to Seoul together, after graduation. We wanted to be pop idols and…»
«Wait-- wait, you sing too?»
Wheein smiles to her again, amused «Are you surprised?»
«I didn’t know abo--»
«Of course, you couldn’t have known unnie. You don’t know us very well enough», Wheein says, smiling again, «But you will, eventually. If you want to»
«I…I really care about you two»
«Good, because Hyejin is clearly grown attached to you and I don’t like seeing her sad»
Byulyi shallows, not sure how to respond «I really care about her, she is a nice girl and…»
«What are you talking about?» asks a voice, out for nowhere. Hyejin appears behind Wheein, in all her glory. She was still in the pretty

Please log in to read the full chapter