Chance, Interrupted

Tell me, are we?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jungkook-ah. Can I sit here?” Namjoon handed the youngest a bottle of cola, the latter nodded and grabbed the bottle as his hyung sat. Namjoon knew things but he usually doesn’t interfere to their affairs if he can see they can resolve it themselves. But this time is a bit different. He is the leader of their group and he’s supposed to glue themselves together. Although that is true, it’s also true that their eldest, Seokjin, helps him with that part. Even he relies on their hyung. But Namjoon can’t ask Seokjin for help if that very person is involved.

 

Namjoon took a sip on his cola, the sounds of fire crackling, the waves of the ocean, the breeze of the ocean wind, and the laughter of the other members resonating in the open air as he sat silently with the unmoving maknae, staring into something. Namjoon knew what’s occupying Jungkook’s attention. Or rather who. And he sighed. 

 

He remembered the day before when they went back to the agency. He and Jungkook had to go back to the agency because of business talk and Yoongi was supposed to go with them because he left his headphones. He’d be lying if he said he didn’t feel any tension on the elevator ride. He already noticed something’s going on a few days earlier, but he don’t interfere until it’s badly needed. He could see how their eldest and youngest move and act around each other. And in that small space, the tension was intense. So it’s not surprising when Yoongi volunteered to accompany their hyung out and Jungkook froze in place, staring holes at the figures slowly walking away, his face saying he wanted to be there. The maknae always wears his emotions on his sleeves after all. As a hyung, Namjoon can only comfort the youngest a little. “It’s gonna be okay, Jungkook.” He said with a reassuring smile as they left to go to their destination. He doesn’t know if it will be, but he hopes so. He believes his family won’t overcome any hardships.

 

On the way back to their dorm, as if fate would have it, Yoongi and Seokjin arrived at the same time. Namjoon have seen his brothers cry before and he would recognize if anyone had cried, so it didn’t slip his vision when he saw Seokjin. He didn’t call him out on it since the eldest is trying so hard to hide his face under Yoongi’s cap that the second oldest had the audacity to put in Seokjin’s head the moment Jungkook laid eyes at the duo. Namjoon had to mentally slap his forehead at this. He knows Yoongi well that he has an idea what his hyung is playing at, considering that slight smirk he threw at the maknae. Namjoon decided to let it play out and maybe have a little talk with Yoongi later. 

 

The elevator ride back to their dor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter