Forwards, Backwards

Tell me, are we?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When they were just trainees, Jin would take Jungkook around to familiarise him with the city, to keep the young boy off of his homesickness. He would stroll with Jungkook eating a wide variety of food, go shopping, and sometimes, the older would bring him to his home and spend time with his family. Jin remembered those times as he now walk along the sidewalks he and the maknae have taken a thousand times, even when their popularity rose. And now he walks the pavement alone, only with the memories and absence of the maknae lingering like a haunted ghost latched onto him.

 

“Hm? What about me?” Jin intercepted as he walked to the table where Taehyung and Jimin sat. The eldest somehow heard his name as he came closer, the two younger boys not noticing him until he spoke. 

 

“Ah hyung you’re here!” Jimin said as he pulled the eldest down to sit. He looked at Taehyung, piercing the younger with eyes that says he’s giving the job of starting the conversation to him, but the cheeky blonde looked away which earned a grunt from the older of the two. Jin looked at them and blinked.

 

“What is it Jimin?” Seokjin dropped a name and now Jimin has no choice but to do the job. The eldest was thinking something along the lines of some troubles the duo had done. They were notorious for being the bunch who do a lot of stupid stuff and they always choose to come clean to Seokjin before he finds out by himself or and external source because there’s a huge difference between those versions of Seokjins and the younger boys prefers the former to prolong their lifespan. But he didn’t expect to hear what he just heard.

 

“Are you and Jungkook fighting?” Jimin said gently. Jin’s face is a dead give away of the unspoken answer. 

 

“What happened that morning Jin hyung?” Taehyung inquired carefully.

 

“What do you mean Tae?” Jin answered, the actor Jin resurfacing.

 

“Hyung don’t try to trick us. We’re young but we’re not that dumb. And it’s so much obvious when we look at Jungkookie. He looks out of it most of the time, and he looks like he’s suffering.. We tried to talk to Jungkook but he wouldn’t say anything.” Taehyung said a bit with a harsh tone, a little offended that his hyung would lie to their face. The elder was silent, guilt clear in his face.

 

“That morning, when i walk into you two in the kitchen.. I saw Jungkookie’s face. He looked like he lost a loved one.. We don’t know exactly what you two are fighting about but we want to help. And it’s not just Kookie. I can see you’re in pain too Jin hyung.” Concern and genuine care could be heard in Taehyung’s voice and when Jimin reached for the eldest’s hand, he couldn’t keep it together anymore. He knew one way or another, the others will notice.

 

“W-we’re not fighting..” Jin said. He’s thinking of words or explanations that he could say that the two would understand but it’s a struggle. It’s always a struggle to lie and as the seconds pass, he knew that telling the truth is the easiest way.

 

“I.. I should just tell the truth don’t I?” Jin’s voice quivered and Jimin squeezed his hand for comfort.

 

“I..I like Jungkook. I know..I know it’s not right, but I do like him. I tried to stop myself from going that far, to ignore these feelings, but i just couldn’t when he’s constantly around me and making me feel things i wanted to forget.” Jin stopped to take a breath. He was nervous he doesn’t know what they would think of him.

 

“Hyung it’s not wrong. Nothing’s wrong with liking somebody.” Jimin said with the comforting smile he always has, Jin thankful that they’re not prejudiced.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter