Fear

Tell me, are we?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a day since Jungkook saw that glimmer of hope and the thumping of his heart hasn’t slowed down one bit. Mayhaps he was a little bit out of it after that that the other members had to snap him out of a trance once in a while until the shoot ended. The eldest did so as well without the knowledge that he was the core source that shook the youngest’s concentration. For Jungkook, it felt a little unfair, that the eldest have the ability to act like the usual when just a few hours ago, he had worn the expression of extreme contentment yet resignation in the arms of the youngest, in what the oldest probably thought no one saw. 

 

Jungkook had stayed up late thinking of any possible explanation for what he witnessed. The youngest just drew conclusions after conclusions but would go back to where he started when he would counter those with his complicated judgment. After all, he’d been harboring feelings for the eldest ever since he came in the company. At first it was just admiration for the eldest, having left home at a young age and Seokjin being his source of strength and sort of warmth closest to a family. But years pass by, Jungkook’s feelings had grown into something he could put a name once he reached an age where he was exposed to knowledge beyond him and conversations with other hyungs that revolve around it— Love.

 

He knew that word is universal. He loves his family, he loves his fans, he absolutely love all his hyungs, but Jungkook knew that the love he felt for the eldest is not the same. He was never confused of his uality, for him gender is just a term, a label. If he felt something for someone, it doesn’t matter whether that be a girl or a boy. But for someone who had a broad understanding of that, he was somehow one way or the other afraid to step it up with Seokjin. 

 

The eldest and the youngest’s dynamics in their group is something the other member’s had acknowledged. They have this chemistry that is uncommon for a duo with a huge as they have and everyone admired that, yet for Jungkook, that is the one thing that probably has kept him of pursuing the eldest upfront. Jungkook was afraid that if he did, he will face the rejection he could never live with. He had a lot of rejections in his entire existence, and those makes him stronger. But if he face the eldest’s rejection, he’s sure he wouldn’t be able to take it. Jungkook’s affection for the oldest has always been profound and obvious. He makes it a point to make it obvious without giving away his true intentions, but of course the others has figured it out one way or another, except for the oldest. Jungkook thought that maybe he wasn’t seen by the eldest as what he wanted to be seen as. There’s no way, that is what have Jungkook always thought. Until yesterd

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter