v. `halik.

Everything Chaennie

Jennie always had this need for something every since she was little, it didn't seem to bother her that much at first. But the longer she lived, the bigger the yearning grew. The problem is, she doesn't know what it is.

 

It's worse than dying, you just die. But this, every day is hell. Every day that goes by slowly kills her, and it seems like what she yearns for is what she needs to survive.

 

When all hope seems to be lost, the savior comes.

 

Something at this certain club seems to fulfill her yearning, but it all comes back when she leaves; so, she goes to this club as often as possible. 


But she wants it to stop permanently.  

 


Rosé heard her thoughts. 

 

She felt empathy for the girl.

 

Rosé dearly loved a woman named Ruby Jane. They shared a forbidden love, a love between a monster and a mere human. They accepted each other, they felt right in everything wrong. 

 

But they never got their happy ending. Dozens of rumours about their love began to spread like wildfire, and before she knew it, mobs of people with torches and spears are marching to her castle. If it was up to Rosé, she'd just kill all of them within a second, but Jane doesn't want to solve things with violence, she thinks a talk would fix everything, and Rosé could never go against her wife.

 

They slowly walked toward the mobs. But it seems like they don't want to talk either. They want Ruby Jane back. As soon as they got close, a spear came flying towards them. Rosé immediately saw this and wrapped her arms around Jane, protecting her. This made Rosé furious, you can touch everything she owns, but never, never touch her inamorata. 

 

She stood up, pulled Jane behind her.

 

But, Rosé-

Not now, love.

 

Rosé spoke out loud,

I would love to kill all of you, but doing so would be a waste of my precious time. However, I will do anything to protect the one I love, and I'm sure you do too. If you love your life and your kids, I suggest you go back to your village now. It would be pathetic to go against me with spears and torches.

 

But they didn't listen. Instead, they charged forward. Just as Rosé was about to put them all into flames, Jane spoke.

 

Stop.

 

Eyes were on her, including her lover's.

 

I'll go with you.

 

Everyone took a minute before reacting, celebrating with joy.

 

But Park Rosé's not sure of what she heard. She's pretty sure she heard her heart shatter, though.

 

She dared not move an inch, until Jane came closer to her, hugged her, and reached for her ear.

 

This is for the best.

 

Rosé doesn't need to know Jane's reasons, she can read minds. 

 

And with that, Jane let go and turned around. But Rosé held her hand and pulled her back in for a kiss. 

 

The kiss of goodbye.

 


Rosé spent her life without Jane in misery.

 

Until she heard of rumours that Jane is living with an old widow away from the village. Rosé wasted no time and immediately searched for her lover.

 

She found her, but the rumours are wrong, Jane is not living with an old widow, Jane is an old widow. 

 

Who would've known that it had already been 50 years since she last saw her lover?

 

Still, to Rosé's eyes, Jane is the same. 

 

Rosé decided to enter the widow's house. She found Jane lying on her bed, fragile and weak.

 

The sight broke Rosé's heart, the same way it did 50 years ago.

 

Jane noticed and recognized her immediately, even with her eyes partly closed. She had no power to even stand up nor sit straight, but tears were coming out of her eyes, with the words Rosé, my love, I love you, forgive me, and incoherent words from .

 

Rosé came closer and closer, until she was beside the bed. She held Jane's hands dearly. They shared no words, only looks from their eyes. Jane knew Rosé can read minds, so she talked to her there instead. 

 

Rosé, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I left you that easily. I'm sorry I didn't consider what you'd feel. I'm sorry for being such a fool.

 

Rosé couldn't take it anymore and broke down crying. She didn't notice she had been carrying this much burden since their last kiss.

 

Now that I've seen you, I can finally rest. Love, please live your life. Please don't let me burden you. You deserve to be happy and nothing less.

 

Rosé knew what Jane meant, and she can't, she can't lose her again. She lost her for 50 years, she can't lose her for a lifetime. The mere thought of living without Jane shattered her. 

 

But she can't be selfish.

 

Please, I want your voice to be the last thing I hear. Sing me a lullaby.

 

Rosé did what she told her to do, she held Jane dearly while singing a song they both used to cherish together. With her last breath, Jane whispered an I love you.

 

With the last piece of her broken heart, Rosé replied with an I love you too.

 

And Rosé swore she would wait for Jane, no matter how long it would take.

 

 


Rosé is at the edge of a cliff. No, she's not going to commit suicide, she can't die, she doesn't die. She's just thinking, deeply. She had promised to wait for Jane, and she will.

 

 

 

After 1611 years, she finally saw Jane; in this life, she goes by the name Jennie Kim. She sat beside the clearly bothered girl. 

 

What's wrong? 

 

She can read minds, she didn't need to ask. But of course she had to talk to her dear lover.

 

Jennie doesn't know if it's the alcohol or the girl talking to her, but she sure feels amazing, the need inside her is slowly fading.

 

Her thoughts didn't go unnoticed by Rosé. She knows of what Jennie's feeling, and she knows what she needs to fulfill her. 

 

Her.

 

Jennie needs Rosé. When a vampire and a human share a sincere and truthful love, a bond will form within them; so the vampire can easily find them in the human's next life. When the vampire finds their lover, they mark them. This seals their bond in the human's current life and removes any need they feel.

 

They shared a few talks and bid goodbye. But Jennie goes to the club everyday, and Rosé makes sure she accompanies her. They grew fond of each other, especially Jennie to Rosé. Rosé on the other hand, takes note of the difference between Jennie and Jane, Jane is gentle while Jennie is reckless. But she's still the same, she's still her lover. 

 

Rosé thinks it's time to claim her lover once more, but this time, she won't let her go.

 

Come with me.

 

Rosé said while offering a hand to Jennie. Jennie didn't hesitate and just let Rosé pull her. They exited the club and it's strange, Jennie doesn't feel the strong need even though she's outside, it feels like it's already with her.

 

They arrived at Rosé's huge house. Rosé instructed her to lie on the bed, and to remove her clothes. Jennie was okay with this, though. She felt safe with Rosé, not to mention the fulfillment she feels with her. 

 

Rosé climbed onto her, and they made love.

 

Rosé finally marked Jennie, but that's not enough, she wants to have her forever. 

 

Jennie, do you trust me?

 

Rosé asked and the question caught Jennie off guard but she managed to hum. It was all Rosé needed, she faced Jennie and locked their lips, it wasn't a normal kiss. This time, Rosé shared memories with Jennie. Memories of Ruby Jane, memories of her past self.

 

The kiss of remembrance. 

 

That is why you've felt an insane need inside of you, but it's gone now; for I have marked you to be mine in this lifetime of yours. 

 

Jennie is still in a daze. Rosé doesn't need to explain anything, she understands everything. They were lovers, and they are now.

 

Rosé.

Hm?

Make me yours, forever.

Are you sure?

Yes.

It will hurt.

It will. But it's nothing compared to the hurt you felt when Jane, I left you. I want to be with you forever, I don't want you to wait for me every lifetime.

We're not even sure it'll work, I don't want to lose you so easily, I would rather spend your lifetime with you and wait for you again, no matter how long, just let me make you feel special in this current lifetime of yours, please.

Rosé, we have nothing to lose, if this doesn't work then I could always come back with another name. If it does, you won't have to wait for me ever again, and I won't have to face the guilt of not being there for you, and we can share our love together, forever.

 

With that, Rosé got closer to Jennie's neck and bit the soft flesh of the human with her sharp fangs. Injecting her blood into the human. 

 

Jennie felt her insides turn, everything spinning. She felt like she was on another planet, she's never felt this amazing before. She felt powerful. Then she passed out.

 

Opening her eyes, a pair of brown orbs greeted her. 

 

Are you okay?

I am. I'm just a little dizzy.

Here's water. Right now, you'll have a hard time getting used to the feeling but once you get used to it, we can try to discover what you could do.

Rosé?

Hm?

Kiss me.

 

And she did. Lips touched and they swore they could feel electricity lingering inside them, sharing one of their most important and meaningful kisses.

 

First one was when Jennie was still Jane, a human.

the kiss of goodbye.

 

Second one when Jennie was still a human, with Rosé sharing her memories about and with Jane.

the kiss of remembrance.

 

 

Now this, Jennie as a vampire,

with the kiss of eternity.