iii. - `pretend.

Everything Chaennie
Jennie Kim is a demon, she is known as Satan's daughter and the princess of hell. She destroys innocence, twists minds, and takes lives. After all, her father is Satan and she grew up in hell. She's wicked, vile, malicious, and an excellent seducer. 


People often picture demons as these ugly, wrinkled creatures with red skin and two long horns but no, that's not what they look like. Well, at least not fully; they still have horns, but not too long. They can hide them the same way angels can hide their wings. Demons are as beautiful as angels. After all, they were once angels. 


But Jennie Kim is alluring, her cat-like eyes can tempt even the nicest people, her milky white skin is as soft as cotton candy, her natural red lips are distracting, 

but her heart is a rotten grave.


Jennie often goes to Earth, she has fun reading people's minds and using their thoughts to lure them into the darkness. All it takes is a second to dive into their minds and another second to whisper lies to their ears. Mind reading sure is one of her favorite powers, she can use it on everyone.


Maybe I spoke too soon, maybe she can't look through everyone. She's been trying to look through this human across her seat, but a barrier seems to be present. This human named Chaeyoung made Jennie confused, how could she not read a pathetic human's mind?


That's where Jennie got everything wrong, Chaeyoung isn't human.



Ah, Chaeyoung, also known as Park Rosé. The prettiest angel of all. After Lucifer's rebellion, she became the leader of the angels. If God had made an angel version of God, it would certainly be Park Rosé. The angel does her best to make everyone happy and for everyone to be saved. But, something seems to be interrupting her mission, as the sins of Earth are growing rapidly. Rosé decided to check what is causing all the fuss.


Once she was granted permission, she immediately descended from heaven. She wasted no time and immediately looked for the troublemaker, and at that very club, she found what she had been looking for. It only took her one look in the eye, and she knew who it was.


Jennie Kim.


Rosé was in no way a fan of hell, but she did know every demon she had to be cautious of, and Jennie Kim is one of those demons.   


Rosé could just send Jennie back to the underworld with her angelic sword, but she can't do that, that would surely disappoint the holy one and the other angels, and she didn't want to know what the daughter of Lucifer can do, well, yet. Now that she thought about it, she wanted to see what the demon could do, she wanted to see why the oh-so-evil Jennie Kim is feared by many. She knows Jennie Kim is the descendant of Lucifer. I can tell you, Park Rosé is more powerful than Lucifer, but she wasn't too sure if it goes the same for the devil's daughter. Nevertheless, she didn't want to underestimate the princess of hell.     


Although, Park Rosé can't just spare the demon. She had to do something soon, maybe she'll ask permission first before slicing the demon in half. Because for Park Rosé, protecting mankind is more important than fulfilling her curiousity.      



If there's one thing you have to know about Jennie Kim, it's that she might be slow sometimes, but once she picks up the pace, she'll catch up to you. 


Jennie gave up on reading the mind of the girl and just decided to take a look at the the human's figure. One thing that caught the demon's eyes was the necklace hanging by the neck of the human.


She finally undestood why she can't look through the girl. Jennie had seen angels before, and each angel she sees has a jewelry with a specific carving or design, the funny thing is, they can't take them off which makes it easier for Jennie to spot them. She figured out that those jewelries represent their status in heaven. Rings for those who wage into war, bracelets for those who develop plans and takes part in decisions, and necklaces for the superior angels. Only one angel has a necklace.


Park Rosé


Jennie doesn't understand why this angel is in a club on Earth, but she's not that stupid to think this is all a coincidence. The angel is here for her. Perhaps her doings had reached heaven? She looks at the angel across her and studied her, not missing any feature.


Jennie had always knew angels were as beautiful as demons. They look the same, just without the horns. But Chaeyoung, or Park Rosé, is beyond extraordinary. The girl's eyes were captivating, her nose was sculpted perfectly, her skin; oh, they were so white, Jennie wanted to know how it felt to touch them, then her lips, Jennie wanted to taste and devour them. 


There's just this tiny, teeny problem. She can't do that to angels, she can't seduce them, and she certainly can't do it to Park Rosé. She's always heard stories about Park Rosé, her demon friends who claim to have known her said the girl was too focused on spreading kindness, it made them sick. Rumors also say that when Park Rosé is in her angel form, demons can't look at her directly for too long, for it'll blind them. But that's not what Jennie Kim remembers about the angel. 


What Jennie Kim remembers is how Park Rosé and the rest of the angels banished almost all their demons, she remembers Park Rosé having a one on one battle with Lucifer. She remembers how badly it wounded her father while not a single scratch marked Park Rosé's body, Jennie hated herself for not being able to help on that day.


But now she can. She will avenge her father, she will avenge the demons, Park Rosé is going to die. She's just going to pretend she doesn't know anything, until the prefect time arrives. 




They had both agreed to go to somewhere silent, where they could converse quietly. Still pretending they're just humans and that they don't know who and what the other one really is. It was dark, but it didn't stop both of them from walking around the peaceful park. The silence was somehow soothing that it surprised them. Not long after, they started talking about random things, pointing out the pattern of the stars, the fresh smell of flowers, the calming sound of the small stream nearby, the fresh air that surrounded them. They laughed at the corny jokes the other one would say, they brought out their widest smiles, they found comfort in each other. They both weren't sure when was the last time they had felt that comfortable, or if they ever did feel that comfortable. Jennie thought, angels are good, but she's amazing. Rosé on the other hand thought, maybe demons aren't that bad.    


They found solace at each other that night, but was it all pretend?