chapter four

rivers & songs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[22]

i woke up to the succulent smell of something cooking. I basked in bed until I was fully awake before jumping out. i grabbed my phone and played michael bublé’s ‘everything’ through the speakers. 

 

pancakes.

with chocolate chips. that’s what lisa’s making. 

 

i raced to the kitchen to hug her from the back while she’s tossing the pancakes from the pan, the sudden action startling her. i kissed her lightly on her right shoulder. 

“hello, my love”, was me saying ‘good morning i’m in such in a good mood maybe you could make it even better with your pancakes because wow it smells awesome’ but i would rather keep the elaboration to myself. 

“someone’s bouncy”, she turned around to face me as she planted a kiss on my nose, “you slept good?” 

“i’m happy, i don’t know why”, i said as i stretched out my arms. 

“hmmm, let me think. maybe because.. it’s my birthday?” lisa smiled coyly. 

“it’s your birthday??!!” my eyes widened in surprise. i didn’t see that one coming, “wait,” i paused, “time travelers have birthdays?!” 

"well, we didn’t just spring out of nowhere, if that’s what you’re thinking.” 

“but wait, come to think of it, there is always a day in a year when i feel my absolute happiest, for no reason at all. like it’s a god-given day or something of the sort. like miracles coming down from the heavens to save the earth.” 

 

i glanced at lisa, who was pointing a finger at herself the whole time i was thinking aloud; a sly grin slowly revealed itself on my face. 

 

“you’re the miracle”, i said in triumphant realization. 

 

“your miracle- if we’re being specific”, sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter