Answers Enough

Her Favorite Mistake

Seulgi’s goals for her third year in high school was to maintain her top grades and to make sure Chanyeol was accepted in Anglia-Ruskin university.

He thankfully gave up basketball, as other players in his third year, and focused more on increasing his grades.

Studying hadn’t been that boring, maybe because his tutor then was prettier than ever, though a lot stricter.

After carefully analyzing, Seulgi concluded that Chanyeol was actually a smart guy. He just hated studying.

His deadline to submit his application to the university was the third month of that school year.

One day, when he groaned and lied down on the carpeted floor of his bedroom, complaining, “Studying ”, Seulgi lifted her head from her Biology homework.

She hated nagging him, but an idea occurred to her.

What if they just didn’t know his type of studying?

They had a history exam the next day. Although their classes were different, their history teacher was the same. And he had insisted that everything in the exam would be from the notes he gave them.

This teacher was very analogue type.

It’s the era when teachers taught with power point slides, then emailing the students what he presented.

Seulgi just liked to hand-write her notes in the old-fashion way, because writing it made her remembered better.

“Park Chanyeol” she called, and he looked up at her from the floor.

Funny, he looked upside down from where she was sitting.

“Yesterday you helped ordered everything I need for the chemistry lab, right?”

“Mm hm.”

“How did you remember everything?”

Chanyeol frowned.

“I don’t know, Seul. I just did.”

“I asked you to order sixteen different things from a lab supplier. Everything arrived this morning. Everything was correct.”

“Yeah? That’s good, then.”

“How did you order it?”

“............I called the supplier.”

“Yes, but how did you remember sixteen different things you barely know anything about? Did you write it down?”

“......no.”

“Then how did you remember them?”

“I told you. I just did. I didn’t think, just ordered.”

He was seeing her upside down, but she was smiling.

It’s still quite a rare occasion, so he sat up.

“What? Why are you smiling weirdly like that?”

“I think you’re an auditory learner.”

“I’m a what?”

“An auditory learner. You learn better when you hear it.”

He looked at her as if she spoke an alien language.

Seulgi took her history notes.

Chanyeol was holding his—her notes, basically. He just copied them.

“I’ll ask you questions, and you answer it out loud. If you don’t get at least 90 for this exam, you can cut my hair short.”

He stared at her, gaping.

“What’s wrong with you?”

She signalled him to basically shut up and answered her questions.

He listened, of course.

She quizzed him for thirty minutes, three times that night.

******************************************************

Seulgi was right.

He’s an auditory learner.

He got 98 for that History exam.

“I’m right” she stated happily.

“Guess I won’t cut your hair short” he grinned.

“From now on, but the audio books of all your textbooks as well. Your scores will improve a lot.”

She’s right again, no doubt. After all, she’s the studying expert.

Chanyeol’s scores gradually increased, until he became the top thirty students in their year.

****************************************************

“Hwejangnim asks you to join the Park corporations gathering at Jeju” Sehun repeated.

“I have nothing to do with that crazy guy” Seulgi replied, eyes narrowing in concentration.

She was editing Chanyeol’s essay for Anglia-Ruskin.

“If you attend it, Chanyeol-ssi will go as well.”

“Well, he won’t. We both know that.”

“He might, if you decided to go there.”

“Tsk. Why can’t Park Hwejangnim talks to Chanyeol himself? They’re brothers!”

“Chanyeol listens to you.”

“He listens to his brother as well.”

“After a fight, yes. Please, just say you’ll attend. The resort is a five-star facility. While you stay at the resort, he can attend the annual corporation meetings.”

“You know he hates those sorts of things.”

“But he’s a Park!” Sehun replied with a high tone. “He has to know about his own company!”

“Ok, this essay is ready for sending” Seulgi said to herself, clicking “save”.

“Kang Seulgi Agassi, jebalyo!” Sehun begged.

Seulgi sighed, and focused his attention to Sehun. “Fine. I’ll try talking to him.”

“You can try now” Sehun suggested, looking at the cafeteria’s entrance direction, “Your husband is here.”

“He’s not my husband.”

“Yet, you mean” Sehun replied.

Chanyeol sat down with the lunch tray full of food.

“I was just saying to Seulgi-ssi, that she should attend your company’s upper management gathering next week.”

“She can’t. She signed up to volunteer as the animal clinic.”

“You, on the other hand, should attend the gathering.”

“What for? I’m not of age yet to make a decision there anyway. All I do would be to just sit and listen. So boring.”

“Hwejangnim might really kill me this time if you don’t attend again.”

“He threatened that so many times, yet you’re still here” Chanyeol denied.

“Just go and listen, it wouldn’t hurt” Seulgi tried.

“I won’t. I hate it.”

Seulgi looked at Sehun with an “I tried” expression.

Frustrated, Sehun took a deep breath and used his last weapon.

“There’s a farm at the resort. Lots of cows, chickens, horses and deer. Deer wander freely in the resort’s garden. Around two hundreds of them.”

Before Sehun finished speaking, Seulgi already smiled with a dreamy expression.

“Two hundred deer! I’ll go!”

“Yah, you already sign up for the volunteer work.”

“I’ll postpone it. I want to see those deer! Oh Sehun, I’m going!”

“I’ll arrange it immediately. Thank you, Agassi!” Sehun said gratefully, shaking Seulgi’s hand. He rarely called her Agassi, definitely only when it’s very serious.

“You’re welcome!” Seulgi smiled excitedly.

Chanyeol roughly pulled Sehun’s hand away from Seulgi’s.

“Hands off!”

“I’ll arrange the flight for this Friday evening” Sehun informed, getting up and gathering his things—laptop and planner—before running away.

“Traitor!” Chanyeol yelled at him.

When he turned at Seulgi, she’s beaming, “Two hundred deer! I’m going to see two hundred deer!”

Chanyeol gave up and patted her head.

“Guess I’m gonna attend the annual upper management meeting for the first time in three years.”

**************************************************

So Seulgi and Chanyeol flew to Jeju, and settled for the weekend in one pavilion, though of course in different bedrooms.

Seulgi was so used to his presence that when she found out they’d be staying under one roof for the weekend, she didn’t even fuss, despite Chanyeol already preparing so many rational defences on why they should be in one pavilion.

For example, he’d say that it’d save the effort of the resort employees, electricity and time. It wasn’t necessary at all, apparently.

In the morning during breakfast, Chanyeol’s mood turned so sour that he was ready to ditch the upper management’s two day’s meeting to play with her on the farm.

“Just go, you’re here already” Seulgi coaxed calmly, eating her toast and marmalade.

“Give me three good reasons why I should attend it.”

“One, you’ll inherit your part one day. It’s good to know more than what you usually do. Don’t be the fool in the family.”

“.........that’s harsh.”

“Two, you’re going to study business administration in college anyway. And you wrote in your university application essay that you want to enrol in Anglia-Ruskin to have the basic, so you can expand your family business and add your own colour in the mix. It would be nice if all of those cheesy things you said in your essay were true, and not just some excuse to chase a girl.”

“Which is you, in case you forget.”

“Who the girl is doesn’t matter here. But can your own words be trusted or not?”

Chanyeol sighed.

“Three, if you really want your brother to stop terrorizing you all the time, it would be better to show him that you know how to be responsible as well. I’m not saying you need to enjoy it, I’m just saying that you should start getting your own grip in your family’s business.”

“........how long have you been preparing for this pep talk?”

“Just now, when you asked for three reasons to actually attend the meetings.”

“I’ll be there.”

“And do yourself a favour. Really listen to what they’re discussing. Don’t play games in your phone. That would be a time well spent, Park Chanyeol.”

“Ahrasseo.”

Seulgi nodded, and Chanyeol actually got up, entering the car at the front lawn of the pavilion.

***************************************************

The two days meeting was really boring at first. He had to listen to the executives presenting everything that they had achieved and hadn’t achieved for the past year, and their plans and forecasts for the next year.

They had media business, hotels, restaurants, malls, internet provider and retail business. Not to mention all their investments, handled by a special division.

Chanyeol had to drink lots of coffee to not keep yawning, but after an hour, he was surprised that he understood quite a lot of what they were saying.

He was glad that he didn’t have to make any comments, he only had to sit between his brother and sister, listening to the presentations.

Basically, he concluded that they were doing well. That though the targets were not completely achieved, they still acquired more profit than last year.

His Yura noona was so happy to see him, hugging him and chatting a little with him in between presentations.

And his brother Park Jihoon was basically surprised that he could sit that long without actually running away.

The second day was the same. The presenters were different, but the profit was the same.

Finally, when the second day’s series of meeting was over, Yura took a deep breath.

“Glad it’s all over. I’ll just go back to my pavilion, shower, dress, then I’ll be ready for the executive dinner.”

“Bring your fiancé” Jihoon ordered.

“Only if you’ll behave, Hyung.”

“Excuse me?”

“Hey, hey, hey. No fighting. Oppa is right, Yeol-ah. He’ll bring his wife, I’ll bring my husband. You should bring her to the executive dinner.”

“I will. As long as Hyung promise he won’t say unnecessary things to her.”

“No women could be a part of our Park family if she couldn’t stand hearing unpleasant words.”

“She’s not—“

“Jihoon Oppa promises” Yura cut in. “Oppa, don’t be childish. You need to stop your hobby in torturing people. Don’t traumatize Seulgi. If you bully her, she’d hate us forever.”

“It’s so nice to have someone sane in the family from time to time” Chanyeol chimed in, before quickly walking away.

“We’ll wait for you!” Yura called out.

“Ahrasseo!” Chanyeol answered before exiting the conference room.

***************************************************

“You must eat well, Hwaiteu-nim. A mother who is feeding needs lots of nutrition” Seulgi informed seriously, arranging a pile of grass under Hwaiteu, a cow who was rearing two calves.

“Aigoo.....you eat so well. Such a smart Omma” Seulgi cooed, patting the cow’s side.

“Having fun?” a voice asked.

“Completely” she beamed.

“Hate to interrupt, but you’re invited to the executives’ dinner.”

Seulgi stood up from the plastic stool she was sitting.

“Me?”

“Yeah, you.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re engaged to the family’s maknae.”

“Right.”

Seulgi then looked at the cow thoughtfully.

“I don’t bring a dress, though.”

“You can be there in your jeans and t-shirt. I’ll wear the same.”

“Let’s not create unnecessary drama.”

He grinned.

“There are several boutiques at the resort’s lobby. You can get one dress there.”

She took off her plastic gloves.

“I smell like a barn now. Can’t go to the boutique directly. Must shower first.”

“The dinner is in two hours. No rush.”

“Do you mind buying the dress for me? Just choose the plainest one” she said, before hugging the cow’s neck. “Stay healthy Hwaiteu-ssi. I’ll see you again in the future” she smiled, before kissing the cow’s cheek—who didn’t protest with her extra display of affection.

Chanyeol could only smile at her antics.

“You make me wish I was born an animal, so you’d kiss me often.”

“Can you buy me some high heels too? I only bring sneakers” she resumed the conversation, deliberately ignoring what he said.

“Ok. I don’t know your shoe size, though.”

“It’s 38.”

“Ok, Princess.”

Seulgi glared at him, and he only raised his eyebrows.

He then drove her to their pavilion first, before driving off again to the resort’s boutique.

*********************************************************

Seulgi stared critically at the new dress, but even if she tried, she couldn’t find anything to complain about the dress.

It’s a very simple dress in black and white. The high-heels were black ones as well.

She returned back to her room and changed.

She was ready in ten minutes.

“You brought a suit?” Seulgi asked, as they walked to his car.

“I knew I had to attend the formal dinner.”

Seulgi slid into the passenger seat and put on her seatbelt. It’s rare that Chanyeol drove his own car, without a driver. He’s underaged. But it’s only inside the resort, so she guessed it’s ok.

The dinner was as any other executive dinner. They were seated in large round tables, with Chanyeol’s brother and sister’s partners and the Chief Financial Officer for Park Corporations.

“I heard you won the World Science Competition last year” Yura started, who was seated on Seulgi’s left, “That’s really amazing.”

“Thank you” Seulgi answered simply.

The beautiful woman kept up conversation the whole dinner with her, asking questions about Seulgi. She answered everything easily. Yura was sincere, she could feel it. So different with her older brother. Funny how siblings could be so different.

“When you have time, would you drink coffee with me? I like talking with you.”

Both Chanyeol and Jihoon stopped talking to wait for Seulgi’s answer.

“Ne, Park Yura-ssi. I’d love to.”

Chanyeol smiled to her direction, although Seulgi didn’t see it.

“Please, call me Unnie. We’re going to be a real family anyway.”

“U—unnie.”

“That sounds nice. I’ve always wanted a sister”

Seulgi was embarrassed, and didn’t say anything else. But she, too, was smiling.

*************************************************

There was ballroom dance afterwards. They could dance well, since it’s one of the curriculum of their school. People of their social class often had to dance formally in events, so it would be good to learn about it.

She of course danced with Chanyeol at first, but after three songs, Park Jihoon tapped Chanyeol’s shoulder.

Seulgi froze and Chanyeol warned, “Don’t say unnecessary things to her.”

“I won’t say anything she couldn’t stand” the older brother said sleekly.

“Come, Chanyeol-ah. You can dance with me” Yura offered.

Another song started and Jihoon offered his hand.

Grudgingly, Seulgi took his hand and they began dancing around the room.

“Your relationship with my brother seems to be going well.”

“.......thank you.”

“Make sure he doesn’t mess up in U.K.”

“He’s capable of leading his life well without me warning him all the time.”

“You have a lot of faith in him.”

“You don’t.”

The almighty Park Jihoon, the most powerful man in South Korea’s business world stared down at Kang Seulgi.

Then he laughed.

“You’re too brave for your own good, Little Girl.”

“I’m just stating facts, Hwejangnim.”

“Make him finishes his bachelor degree well, then the army, then his master degree. He’ll be inheriting his shares legally when he’s in college. Make sure he doesn’t burn his own money.”

“He’s able to make his own decisions.”

“It will be better if you remind him from time to time.”

Seulgi sighed in annoyance.

“I want him to start his own company after he finishes his master degree. It’s a tradition in our family to start our own brainchild while managing what we already have.”

“I know. He told me.”

“He doesn’t know what his strengths yet. Help him find them.”

The song ended then, and Jihoon moved to his next dancing partner, the HR Director.

She stood thoughtfully for a while.

“Are you alright?”

She looked up to see Chanyeol standing in front of her.

“I’m fine. Can we go back?”

“Sure.”

In the car, Chanyeol asked again, “Did he say anything that bothers you?”

“I don’t think your brother hates you.”

“What???”

“What he said to me during the dance. That’s too caring for someone who hates somebody.”

“........are you drunk?”

“I’m sober.”

They entered the pavilion and Seulgi reached for a bottle of water.

“I guess he only thought he had to be really strict to guide you to the right path.”

“Who?”

“The cow.”

“Huh?”

“Your brother, paboo!”

“Oh.”

“He doesn’t hate you.”

“What did he tell you, exactly?”

“He told me to make sure you don’t mess up your life.”

He took off his suit.

“You call that caring?”

“You didn’t hear him, so you can’t see what I mean.”

“Well, I don’t plan to mess up anyway.”

“That’s good. I know you won’t.”

“Yeah?”

“Ne. You never actually fought with students from neighbouring school, right?”

He’s confused with the change of topic.

“Erm....no.”

“When you used to appear in school with bruises, those were from being beaten by your brother, weren’t they?”

“....yes.”

“Why did you never say anything to refute the rumours?”

He shrugged, “It’s always easier to explain nothing.”

“Oh, you” she exclaimed, walking to the glass walls.

“All the player rumours were true, though?”

“Some of them.”

Seulgi smiled in disbelief.

“Some is a very vague pronoun. How much is “some” Park Chanyeol?”

“Half of them were true.”

“Half. Half from how many?”

“I don’t know. Can’t remember.”

“Liar.”

“What do they matter, though? I only have one, now.”

Seulgi knew it was the time to return to her room, before anything happened.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.”

He caught her wrist before she had time to walk away.

“Don’t run away.”

“It’s late.”

“It’s not even 9 pm yet.”

“There’s a book I want to read.”

“Is it?” he asked, moving his hand from her wrist to her hand.

“Yes.”

“If only all these running away and ignoring all the cheesy things I said were you playing hard to get.”

“I don’t play games.”

“I know. That’s what makes you all the more interesting. I think I kinda like chasing you all the time, it’s almost as interesting as .”

“Yah!!!” she yelled, blushing just from one “forbidden” word.

“Did my brother really didn’t say anything that offend you?”

“No. He basically just said I should take care that you won’t mess your life.”

“And what did you answer?”

“You’re fully capable in making your own decisions. And you won’t mess your life. I know you won’t.”

“Wow. That’s the sweetest thing a girl has ever said to me.”

He bent down, and she stepped back, only to find the glass well behind her back.

“I won’t mess up my life. Not for my family, though. For you. I need to be worthy to be with you.”

His hands were trapping her there, his breath fanning her face.

She didn’t like it when he’s this close. She didn’t like him saying those sweet things. Because it made her brain stopped thinking straight, her breathing to be erratic and her knees to go weak.

“You’re so goddamn beautiful tonight, Seul.”

He bent to kiss her but she looked away.

He ended up kissing her cheek.

Then, because he couldn’t help it, he kissed a path down her neck.

“Breathe” he smiled against her skin, “You’re holding your breath.”

She took a lungful of breath and he put his hands on her waist.

“I know I need to take things really slowly with you, but damn, Seul.......You’re driving me crazy........”

A part of him wanted to let her go and barricade herself behind a locked door from him, but he didn’t want to. He wanted to kiss her so badly that night.

He continued his sweet attacks on her neck, kissing her skin repeatedly.

She jumped in his arms when she felt a swipe of his tongue there.

He didn’t play with girls in the past for nothing. He knew how to make a girl melted. A neck was a very sensitive part so.......he’s all up for seducing his own girl that night.

He kissed, and nibbled her neck until she trembled.

She hadn’t screamed at him yet, so that should be a sign that she’s half into this. Right?

He added his temptation with caressing her arms up and down.

She had really soft and smooth skin. He loved how her skin felt in his hands.

When he looked at her, she was looking at him as well.

He bent down.

She didn’t look away that time.

He placed his lips on her and slowly pulled back.

Then he pecked her again, once, twice, thrice, slowly, giving her all the chance to stop him if she wanted to.

When she didn’t, he pressed her lips harder, pulling her body to his, his lips massaging her, then he moved forward to press his body on hers.

As he pulled back, her eyes blinked open.

She’s so beautiful. And he ached for her so much it pained him.

His breathing was already really hard.

“I don’t get how I make you become like this” she said, frowning.

That’s it. He’s so done.

He seized her nape and crashed his lips on hers, kissing her hard and hungrily. She yelped in pure shock and his tongue entering , swiping inside. She shuddered and he caught her tongue, massaging it with his then it.

He surrendered to his desire and kissed her deeply, his hands running down her body, feeling her , then spreading back onto her belly, and onto her s.

Her hands quickly caught his though, and he abruptly stopped the kiss.

He took a deep breath.

“I’m sorry. I—I’m—I’ll stop now. I’m sorry. Please don’t be afraid of me.”

“Huh. You really stop when I ask you to.”

“Are you crazy? Of course I stop. I love you. I won’t force you to do anything you don’t want.”

She took a really good look at him. At how he was bracing himself, his hands on either side of her, fighting to breathe normally.

“If I say you can continue, will you stop when I ask you to?”

“.......what?”

“Do you still want to continue?”

He’s confused and shocked with what she was asking.

“Do you?” he asked back.

“I’m not against it. As long as you’ll stop when I ask you to.”

“What if I can’t?”

“You won’t. You won’t hurt me.”

“So you’ll—let me to—“

“I think I like you too.”

“...........where did that come from?”

“Because you stopped just now, when I asked you to.”

“........that’s it?”

“And all the other—things you um—do. For me.”

He’s mindblown.

Is she saying she likes me back?

“Wait. I’m an idiot, Seul. Can you say it clearer?”

She simply stood on her toes and brushed her lips on his.

“You’re not an idiot” she whispered.

His eyes flew to her lips, swelling a little because of his assault.

“Seul, can I?”

She nodded.

And he kissed her again, gently this time, like they got all the time in the world.

Without breaking their lip lock, he steered her to a couch.

She fell down and he was on top of her before she could say a word.

He groaned as he had her lips again, his hands caressing her arms.

His lips gradually wandered to , tasting and worshipping, then he alternately bit and her shoulder.

“I love you” he confessed again and again, raining kisses on her face, lips and neck.

She hugged him back.

It was answer enough for him.

********************************************************

Author's Note: 

I wanted to continue the story, but I think this chapter is long enough already. 

My motivation to write this is back. Thank you for commenting. 

You're not that many, but I guess you're enough readers to make me know there are people who like this story.

Thank you so much. 

I never planned this story to have many conflicts, but it was the story of two people growing up and learning to love.

If you don't mind an uneventful story, let's continue.