Final

Save You

 

I pace in the middle of my room in back and forth. Snorting, I’m so bundle of nerves thinking about how to even dress myself for a party later. I’m a momentarily lost in my own thought. Nobody had invited me before, so I have no idea how to start it. That’s awfully bad.

I was told by Daehyun that the party is just a small gathering just for his close friends and I thought to throw out my tension to less my worry but his next demand stop me from doing so. He wants me to be the special one, and he wants a surprise for me. I’m not sure what kind of surprise he expects of but I can’t possibly promise him that.

But being a smart Jung Daehyun, he won’t let me off easily. He keeps on using his weapon and beg me to fulfill his request.

“You know I want my birthday to be memorable, I know you can do that baby” Along with his lips touched the back of my hand. He is such a sweet talker and his gesture melts me down in just a second. I couldn’t say no, the way his voice whispering in my ear shivering down on my spine. He is good at it and every girls in my college always have this murder’s eyes on me whenever I’m around him. They are so jealous of me. They want to be in my position, they want to be me and I perfectly do know that.

However, It has been a month already since he asked me out and until now, I’m still clueless why he chose me. He didn’t tell me much but the first time he approached me, he looked so sincere and friendly. He sounds heartfelt appreciation every time he talks to me and I feel loved by it. I know, I should not easily affected, but I couldn’t help it because he is the first guy did that. I couldn’t ignore it but trust him in a way he shows himself to me.

Finally, I stare back at my own refection in the full length mirror in front of me in doubtful. Truly, I try to pull off a feminine image as possible as I could and I even asked some tips from my mom which I got absolutely nothing. She wasn’t helping too when she kept on saying I’m beautiful in every clothes I’d put on. So I decided to look out from Google instead and here, the result.

A dress is a must where I chose a black long sleeve dress with a plain design. I bought it through online and I got it yesterday. I’m glad the size fit me well, heol.

I just thought maybe the party is not that wild like I saw on drama or movie since he mentioned only his friends will be involved. The thought of it already get me high. He always took me out and we will hang out with his friends together. I’m happy I’m a part of his life which I never felt before. So, maybe being different for tomorrow night is the best idea and the best reward I can give him. I want to thanks him for choosing me despite I’m not anyone ideal girlfriend type. I admit, I’m not that pretty and just a simple girl with glasses always hang on my nose, have no fashion sense living in me. I’m totally lame girl and I never make efforts on dressing myself either because I still will be looking ugly in many ways. That’s pretty sad of being me.

...

The night comes for the next day, I’m heading to my boyfriend’s house with a taxi I’ve booked. Honestly, I’m shaking so bad and I can’t stay calm in a back seat I’m sitting now. I can feel a sweat break behind my back and I’m afraid I will screw up everything with my sudden anxiety. The reason I feel insecure is because I might disappoint my boyfriend. Why if he doesn’t like how I look tonight? What if I unable to make him happy on his birthday?

I glance on my side and a small present greets my eyes which I prepared it well. I hope it will go as a plan. I squeeze my eyes shut and take a long breath out. At least, the night sky accompanies me for the rest of my way there as I stare out the window in admiration.

His house emerged in front of me once I step out from the taxi and around it full of cars and motorbikes. My confident goes low because it’s not how I have imagined before coming here. How many ‘friends’ do he has?

I have a battle inside me whether to keep walking inside or just leave the place. I can tell this is not the suitable place for myself, but remembering the promise I have made to Daehyun. I think I should give a try or maybe a chance for myself. I need to get out from my gloomy world and see the actual one. The cold breeze is like encouraging me when they slap through my figure and make me taking my steps forward. The click sound of my high heel echoes when I’m leading myself to the main door and the music sound buzzing through the closed door.

I close my eyes and inhale a deep breath before lifting my hand to ring the bell but someone from another side swing the door open for me. He jumps a bit and after recognizing me, a wide smile spread over his lips. “Hi”

The look on his face, satisfying me somehow as I timidly greet him back “Hi”

I look at him who are wearing a yellow striped button down shirt with a pair of jeans. His shirt is left two at the top which peeking his chest deliberately.

“You know, you’re the late one here” Daehyun straightly tell me, and I just show him a hesitation grin.

“I’m sorry” I mutter, biting my lower lip.

“Nah, it’s fine. You’re already here. That’s matter” His smile still glued on his mouth and he seem can’t stop staring over my body, probably stunned by my new look.

Honestly, my dress is showing much skin on my legs. Now I feel a bit uncomfortable.

“I hope I can make you feel special as your wish” I tell him when a silence took over us for a second.

“What? I can’t hear you?” He response, making me realize the music is playing loud behind him.

I try to repeat again, raising my voice “I hope I can-”

I stop when a hand lingers around my waist and in second, he yanks me closer to him before whispering “You will later” his breath blows in my ear and I feel goosebumps all over my body. His muscles arm had my attention for the first time I saw them. He’s one of amazing creature I have met. No wonder, I saw an envy sign in every girls who had seen us together.

He leans away a bit and watch me blinking in surprise. A smirk appears on his face as he gives me a peck on my lips. “Let’s go inside”

He drags me by my hand and lead me inside with him. We saunter through the hall and pass his living room before reaching to his backyard. Seems like all are prepared excellently here and there’s a small table with the cake set awaiting.

The number crowd of people suffocating me and I’m honestly not familiar with these people at all but there’s his close friends I recognize with.

Bang Yongguk waves his drink over me the moment our eyes meet as his warm greeting. I give him a small smile, approving. He’s the nicest member I have known from Daehyun but, mostly the quiet one. I love his charming side and his deep voice somehow make me scared stiff. He is not doing much there but leaning his body against the wall near the kitchen door, totally looking boring.

Kim himchan approaches us with his elegant look in those hazel jacket and a black shirt inside them. “Hi, Haejin. I love your dress” He compliments me out of nowhere. Both me and Daehyun stop for a second, giving him full attention in union.

“Watch your eyes, Hyung. He’s mine” Daehyun warns him in mirthful, knowing well this one member of his friends.

“I’m just stating the truth. Don’t worry, she is all yours, dude” He casually taps the young member on the shoulder, giving a jolly wink in order to annoy the male.

Daehyun rolls his eyes in particularly irritated. Squeezing tighter my hand, he skips past then take me to the center of where his cake is placing now. We stand there and he tries to get all attention from his guests.

“Attention guys!” He hollers through the night and I feel the blood rushes in my face, ashamed at the sudden attention I get. A ton pairs of eyes literally land straight on us and I drop my gaze immediately, can’t bear with it. I want to dig the ground and hide depth.

“Tonight is going to be a special night to me. So I want you guys to enjoy like there’s no tomorrow!” following by an aggressive cheers and loud woop of joyfulness around the air. Daehyun laughs at the reaction and continues “Before that, let me blow my precious cake first” He arrogantly mutters and the audience give him a howl of laughter.

Daehyun gestures his hand at one of s and Yoo youngjae, dressing all In red sweat suit coming up to us and his hand grasp the lighter. Observing him, this guy is obviously coming by a force because he makes no effort at all in dressing himself. He lights each of candles one by one in front of us while me watching it as if those are interesting thing to stare on.

The moment his mouth blows it down all at one, a round of applause echoing the cold air. I’m joining them, clapping on my spot with a slight smile draw on my face. Well, it’s not as bad as I thought.

Maybe it is, where Daehyun surprises me by his dramatic action in front of the crowd. He grips the back of my neck and pull me in before his irresistible lips capturing mine. My eyes grow big and slowly I start to kiss him back, shutting my eyes by relaxing in his arms.

...

A sigh left my mouth at the amount of time I have wasted here. Daehyun left me for almost an hour after I refused him to join him to dance and I don’t know how many times I have made a tour inside of his house. I’m starting to feel dull as the time passed by. I know from the start this is not really my thing. Finally, I walk down to the kitchen island, surprisingly I found one of Daehyun’s friends, Moon Jongup. I thought he didn’t come because I have not seen him since I was coming here. His back is facing me and only him in this quiet room while others are gathering outside, playing some games that I’m not interesting about. I wonder why he didn’t join them.

I approach the table and take a seat beside him without looking at him. I think, maybe I just spend more time here rather than with those strangers. A while ago, Daehyun told me to wait until the party end, so I have no choice but do as he told despite I want to get out from here so bad.

Jongup doesn’t seem bother to even glance at me and he is holding a glass of a drink and in front of him set a fancy bottle of something I’m not familiar with. Bluntly, we never talked to each other. Daehyun did tell me about him and he is the next Yongguk. The quiet one, not voicing his opinion once if there’s an argument between the members. He is always like that, observe and getting into his own world. Nobody understand him.

A few minutes passed and I feel my eyes slowly heavy by their own. The boringness is killing me which caused me to feel sleepy. I hardly endure myself to fall asleep where my eyes growing tiny and out of blue, the person beside me shoves the glass in front of me. “Wanna drink?” He offers in monotone voice.

“What is this?” I peek curiously at the weird scarlet drink he has given me.

“A wine” He simply response me.

My eyes enlarge “We do have alcohol here?” I eventually turn to face him, his gaze meets mine immediately. He looks very serious in his face and that sharp jaw is making him more dangerous. My stomach secretly shrink at the sight.

“This is adult party, not a party for kids” He sounds uncool and I quickly try to smooth the mood back. “Yes-yes, you’re right” along with hesitate chuckle.

Jongup shoves the glass again through the table and insisting me which his eyebrow lifts. “You want it or not?”

I glance at them for a second before slowly reach my hand for the glass that already filled up by a wine. A glimpse of mischievous smile displays on his mouth in a brief moment as his eyes watching me taking a sip of it. The taste is not that bad, so I’m forcing the liquid down my throat which instantly empty out the glass before setting down on the table back.

“How is it?” He sounds delight this time.

“It’s great!” I beam, it’s impressing me.

Then, a few minutes later I doze off on the table, which the last memory I have that night.

...

I slowly open my eyes when I feel a sunlight penetrates through the window. I blink them to get a proper vision and once it get clear, a foreign room greeted my eyes sight. I jolt up my body and stay like a stone on a bed for like two minutes because too blank and confused at the same time.

“What a stupid girl are you”

The voice snaps me back to reality and I spin my head to the person who just called me stupid and I gasp in panic. “Jo-jongup, what are you doing here?”

He scoffs.

“What happened last night?” I throw him another question, don’t give a slight chance for him to answer my first question. I take a quick look at my clothes and fortunately I still have my dress on. I release a sigh of relief.

He tsks me in pathetic and bend down to reach the same level as my eyes. “Are you worrying about your will take away?”

I jerk away “W-what are you talking about?” I found my voice uneven yet I dare myself to make eyes contact with him.

He straighten his body and snigger at me, turning around which breaking our gazing right away. I secretly swallow my saliva in fear, shivering inside.

He takes something on the top drawer table then show it in front my face.

A hand mirror.

I stare at myself back through the reflection

“Look at you” He demands. “What did you think Daehyun took you as his girlfriend? You’re so ugly you know”

I remain quiet and those tangled hair and smeared makeup are ruining my whole face and I’m getting uglier than they already are. Both of my eyes are super red along with a little pain in it.

“Take off your contact lens” He tells me with a firm as if reading my mind and I obey it. At least I can watch him in my blurry eyes instead, since he has no shirt on his body except those navy pants.

“Wake up, he doesn’t love you from the beginning. He had made a bet with Himchan to date you at least for a month before breaking your heart, and he planned to get into your pants last night and diss you the next after” He explains out of the blue, I finally have those things out of my eyes with my shaking hands.

He removes the mirror away from my face and wait for my reaction. I just give him a death silent and I totally have nothing to say on this. Obviously I’m an easy person to be played. I’m the one should get blamed and he’s right. I’m an idiot.

Earning nothing, he throws the mirror on the bed with a loud snort and turn away.

“Then, why did you save me?” I cut him off and he stops taking any step.

I observe the back of his head with patience, waiting for his sensible reason. He laughs and undeniably shakes his head. He dashes out of the room and a few minutes later he emerges in the door frame again.

“Don’t get me wrong, Seo Haejin.” He starts, arranging the step toward me and both of his hands are suspiciously hiding behind him.

“Just so you know, I’m not that nice” He confesses before showing the knife in his hand with a curl lips in the corner. His sinister smile had me freaked out.

I’m screaming.

 

 

 

 

...

 

 

 

My screaming stopped when I see him calmly peeling off an apple in the sofa at the room with the same knife he showed me a minute ago. I’m taking some breaths on the bed, completely leaving me speechless. My lips apart in disbelieve with my eyes go wider.

This guy is seriously something.

“You can leave now” He mutters, still focusing on his apple.

I just gawk to even response him, So quickly I climb off the bed. I saw my bag that I brought along yesterday and snatch it away before rushing to the door.

I open it half-way and stop myself, turning to him again. “Thank you anyway” and that.. I really mean it from the bottom of my heart.

The moment I step out from his apartment, I got a text message from Jung Daehyun.

 

Why? :( You don’t love me anymore, baby?

 

A deep frown forms on my face an instant. Confusing by the sudden text. It takes me a few seconds before I check the last text I have sent to him.

 

Let’s break up

 

It’s must be him. It’s confirming him! Jongup’s name pops out in my mind immediately. I know, He is the one did it.

Then, another text pops out but it’s strangely from the unknown number. I click it open.

 

Why did I save you?

Because you like me, am I right Haejin-ah?

 

He attached along with a picture. Some of curse words slip off from my mouth. He was freaking went through my phone without my conscious. I’m mad because he finally found out about my little secret.

It’s a picture I have took secretly. Its a picture I have been keeping long in my gallery phone. It's a picture I’d stare on when I feel like I miss the person. It’s a picture of my crush and my crush is him, Moon Jongup.

My phone vibrates again. 

 

 

You're still an ugly and the most idiot girl I have even met

And come over at my place tomorrow.

 

 

My face lit up with a glee smile painted on my lips.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The End