Lessons

The Killing Room

It is a sunny morning when Nayeon wakes up from a good night rest. She has not slept this good in days and feels refreshed. When realization hits her, her heart aches a bit. Sana is still gone.

She goes to the bathroom to freshen herself up and makes her way to the living room, where she finds Momo and Mina sleeping on the couch, all cuddled up. Nayeon just lets them be and fixes herself some breakfast. Not much later she gets greeted by a raspy voice. Goodmorning Mina still looks like she is half asleep.

Hey! Goodmorning! Oh, sorry if I woke you up Nayeon gets the cereal out of the cupboard. Mina gets some milk from the fridge. No, you did not wake me up. I was half up but decided to close my eyes for a bit longer. Then I heard you and just thought I would get up as well. Momo on the other hand has been fast asleep for hours Mina giggles. Nayeon sighs. Yeah, she is like this everytime

While Nayeon has not finished her breakfast yet because she keeps talking, Mina informs her that she is leaving. It is time for me to go, I have to finish this major project that I have not started on. Thank you for letting me stay here though Mina puts her cereal bowl in the sink and tries to leave the kitchen. It is not like I had a choice. You and Momo are cute by the way Nayeon grins. Mina blushes and leaves as fast as she can.  Before she opens the front door she gets greeted by a pouting Momo, who got up because she heard some distant chattering about Mina leaving. She gives Mina a quick peck on the lips and makes her way to the kitchen, leaving Mina in a state of shock.

Momo sits down on the kitchen table with a big smug on her face, knowing exactly what she just did. Nayeon looks at her weirdly while finishing her breakfast but just assumes it is normal Momo behavior.

Lately Nayeon feels conflicted. It feels wrong to be investigating a murder while her friends are all mourning it. Besides, keeping all this information to herself is very exhausting. Nayeon feels like it is time to share what she has been doing, with Momo.

Momo we need to talk Nayeon looks at a nervous- looking Momo. Nayeon before you say anything, I swear I was going to put the money back in your purse! Please believe me!

Nayeon glares at Momo. Waitwhat?  Momo glares back at her. Wait, what? That is not what you were about to say? Momo looks embarrassed. Nayeon shakes her head. No but I will get back to that later. Anyways I need you to promise me something. Promise me that you will not judge me and not tell anyone this. Not even your little girlfriend Mina  Momo laughs at Nayeons comment. She is not my girlfriendyet! But you know you can trust me. I got your back

I have been investigating Sanas murder and I have been looking for suspects, which include the people we hang out with Nayeon is scared what Momos reaction to her confession will be. She looks at Momo but is quite unable to figure out what her expression means.

I cannot believe you are doing this Nayeon Momo sighs. I refuse to believe that you are doing all of this without my help! Doing all the fun stuff without me Momo pouts.

Nayeon is relieved. She slaps her friends shoulder and lets out a little laugh. Shut up, I did not know how you would react. But if you want you can help me ofcourse. I would not be telling you this if I did not want that

Momo makes circles on the kitchen table with her finger. I get you, I do. Thank you for telling me. But most importantly, who is your main suspect at the moment? Nayeon feels like it is best to keep Minas name out of the conversation, since it might bring up some uncomfortable feelings from both sides. I suspect Jihyo and Tzuyu the most. They are a bit shady when it comes to certain things

They discuss the two suspects. Momo agrees with Nayeon on Tzuyu, mentioning she finds Tzuyu just as weird as Nayeon does. Jihyo is an unsure suspect from Momos side though, but she certainly understands where Nayeon is coming from with this. They discuss the weird vibe that comes from Jihyo at certain times but debunk it by assuming that she just words things wrong.

Thank you for listening and understanding me. I appreciate you much Nayeon gets up from her chair and gives Momo a hug. She receives a hug back from Momo, giving a weird, high-pitched noise with them both giggling at the sound they just heard. You can always come to me. If you need something just let me know, I can help you Momo promises.

Later that afternoon Nayeon decides to go to campus to study. She needs to catch up on all the work she has been neglecting. While walking on campus she receives a text from Jeongyeon, informing that Jihyo is coming over for dinner and that she should kindly stay away from the house for atleast 3-4 hours. Nayeon laughs and texts back that Jeongyeon owes her and gets a fast reply from her roommate that is filled with several hearts.

Looking at study rooms in the library, Nayeon sees that every seat has been taken. She walks further to the back and sees a free spot. She sits down and realizes who the people sitting on the opposite side of the table are. Sana's sorority sisters.

She wants to sit somewhere else and examines the room, finding no other spot to sit at. Trying to make herself less seen, Nayeon puts her head as far down, facing the table, and tries to focus on the pages she needs to read. Eventhough she is trying to be the least obvious she can be, she tries to observe the girls to see what they are doing. Why are they in the library in the first place?

Nayeon looks up and sees Park Chaeyoung tutoring Jennie and Joy. Ironically it is the same subject Nayeon is currently studying for. She forgot she sees Jennie and Joy often at their mutual lecture. Nayeon snaps out of her thoughts when she notices something is happening. Chaeyoung gets up and wants to say goodbye but gets stopped by the two girls.

Chaengie, please stay! Please help us! You know it is impossible to do this without you! Jennie whines. Joy nods and tries to use her puppy eyes to convince Chaeyoung to stay. Chaeyoung exhales deeply. Guys, you know I can not stay. I would love to, but I really need to go Chaeyoung looks around her and spots Nayeon, who is studying from the same book as they are. She clears . Unnie. Nayeon unnie

Nayeon looks up and gets surprised when she realizes Park Chaeyoung is the one that called her. She is not sure what Chaeyoung wants from her. Y-yes? How do you know my name? Chaeyoung smiles at her comment. We were all at the funeral unnie. I want to ask you a favor. Can you please help me and my sisters out? I need to leave right now but Joy unnie and Jennie unnie over here are helpless since they are unable to study on their own. I swear, it is like the blind leading the blind. Could you please help us out? Nayeon gets startled by Chaeyoungs question, but before she can even answer Chaeyoung already left off with saying a very hasty goodbye.

Joy and Jennie are left with an uncomfortable looking Nayeon. Joy decides to break the ice. So, what chapter are you studying unnie? Nayeon looks at her page and knows she is way more far than the other two girls are. You guys do not have to call me unnie. Just call me Nayeon Jennie shows off her gummy smile Okay Nayeon.

Nayeon asks Joy and Jennie to point out what they find difficult, but it starts to get clear that nothing is actually easy for them. Nayeon decides to start from the beginning and cover every chapter they have discussed in the lectures. It is surprising that the awkward vibe cleared up and that they actually started working serious. Lots of questions are coming from Joy, asking how and why it is like that. From Jennies side it is mostly ohh! and aah! after finally understanding Nayeons explanation of the subject.

Nayeon would be lying if she said it didn't cross her mind that Joy and Jennie might be the potential murderers. Those thoughts all vanish when she continuously remembers that they are not smart enough to cover up a murder, not even meaning it in a rude way. They truly are a bit stupid and not to forget very superficial.

Un- I mean Nayeon, I have actually never seen you at the library before. We are here like every other day, but I have never seen you here Joy asks on the ten-minute break they took from revising. Nayeon nods. Yeah, I usually study in my dorm and only come here when I cannot study there Jennie gives Nayeon a worried look. Is everything okay?

Nayeon chuckles. Everything is fine. When your roommate sends you a text saying Jihyo is coming over, stay away for 4 hours there is not much you can do than just stay out right?

Joy and Jennie shoot eachother a look and start laughing. Be careful Nayeon or Jihyo will eat everything in your household

That comment does not amuse Nayeon in any way. She thinks about what Jihyo said to her before, about no one never stopping the bullies from saying things like that.

That was not funny in any way. Jihyo did nothing to you and you still make hurtful comments about her. And for what? She is not even fat anymore, so your jokes are outdated. In fact, Jihyo was never even fat to begin with. Grow up Nayeon says while looking at both of them.

It gets awkwardly silent and no one says anything at first. Nayeon looks down to her book to avoid looking at any of them. Standing up for Jihyo felt great, but the aftermath? Awkward.

I guess you are right Joy speaks up. Yeah you are Jennie agrees. "We are sorry". Well I am not the one who needs an apology. Jihyo is Nayeon says. Joy and Jennie both nod in sync and decide to study a little more.

After another hour of studying Joy suddenly gets up after reading a text she just received. I have to go guys. The girl I have been hooking up with is finally free and this might be the only day she can meet up. Thank you Nayeon for all your help. I will see you around, bye!

Joy makes her way to see her girl, which now leaves Jennie and Nayeon behind. Nayeon is not sure if she should make her way home too. If she left now and reaches home, the four hours will have passed. Are you allergic to anything or do you have anything you do not really eat? Jennie asks out of nowhere. Nayeon shakes her head. No, I basically eat everything Jennie smiles and excuses herself, making Nayeon promise she will not leave before Jennie returns.

Nayeon uses the time she must wait to check her phone. She wonders if Momo is already home, since she always has dance practice on this day. She scrolls through her Instagram, nothing interesting to see. Time flies and about thirty minutes later she looks up when she sees that Jennie is back with a huge grin on her face and most importantly: food.

I did not exactly know what you liked, so I just bought a few things and hoped you would eat it. Please accept this as a thank you, eventhough you were practically forced by Chaeyoung to do this Nayeon looks at the burgers and fries, the noodles with chicken and several slices of pizza placed on the table. Oh my god you did not have to do this. I appreciate this so much. Maybe I should let Chaeyoung force me to tutor you guys more often huh? Nayeon snickers.

Surprisingly they finish all of their food, not realizing how hungry they were. They pack their bags and are unsure how to say goodbye. Will they see eachother again? Are they friends? Did Jennie not buy and snort from Chaeyoung like yesterday? How is Jennie Kim even this nice??

We should meet up again and do our nails together. I know this amazing place and I am sure you will love it! Jennie offers. Sure. I will see you around Nayeon waves Jennie off and decides to go home.

While exiting the library Nayeon sees a girl outside sitting by herself. She looks closer and realizes she knows the girl. Nayeon approaches the girl and decides to sit next to her, making sure she is okay.

Dahyun, are you okay? Nayeon asks softly. Dahyun looks to her right and faces Nayeon. I think so Nayeon is not fully convinced and wants Dahyun to open up a bit more. Is there anything bothering you? You can talk to me Dahyun hesitates. I might not be able to stop ranting once I start Who says that is a bad thing Nayeon smiles.

This whole murder thing is so exhausting. Ofcourse I feel horrible for what happened to Sana, but the fact that my girlfriend is portrayed as a murderer gets me so upset. I know she has done some stupid stuff, but I know for sure that she did not murder anyone. And not to mention how weird people have been acting? I mean, look at Tzuyu being even more mysterious than ever nowadays. And not to mention her spilling to me that she witnessed Sana, Jihyo and Mina fighting and Mina then slapping Sana at the party! How is Mina not a suspect but Chaeyoung is huh? That so-

Wait Sana, Mina and Jihyo? Are you sure about that? Nayeon gets confused. She heard this story from Jihyo and is sure Jihyo mentioned her not being there and Mina her telling what happened. Why would Jihyo lie?

Yes, I am sure. Tzuyu told me the story several times which is pretty disturbing to me. I just want to forget that night happened Dahyuns eyes start to tear up.

I can imagine Nayeon sits there not sure what to say about all of this. She comforts Dahyun and stays there till she knows Dahyun is feeling better. Several motivational speeches later, which eventually lasted for a good twenty minutes, Nayeon says her goodbye to Dahyun and leaves. Dahyun is finally able to crack a smile and makes sure Nayeon knew how grateful she is for cheering her up.

The four hours passed quickly by Nayeons surprise, but what surprised her even more is the fact that after she opens the door she sees that Jeongyeon cooked for Jihyo. Jeongyeon! You can cook!?

Jihyo laughs at Nayeons comment and all Jeongyeon can do is blush.

I know exactly how you owe me Jeongie. Dinner for a week Nayeon grins. Fine Jeongyeon sighs.

Nayeon goes to her room while Jeongyeon and Jihyo clear up the table and do the dishes. She lays on her bed and gets her phone out to ask Momo if she can come over to hang out. Going through her camera roll she scrolls back to pictures from over a year ago. Nayeon finds the picture she was looking for. It is a picture of her and Sana, taken in her room with them just smiling. She swipes right and sees the picture she took of them kissing. Both said it was so cheesy, but they would be lying if they said they did not like it.

A notification pops up. Its Momo. It is a text saying Mina is at her place and they are having a talk. Nayeon sends her several emojis to annoy her. Momo is probably trying to ask Mina to be her girlfriend.

Nayeon looks at her door when she hears a sudden knock. Come in Nayeon yells to the person behind the door.

Jihyo enters the room. Did you eat? We have some leftovers. We also have dessert, so if you want anything just let me know and I will bring it to your room

Nayeon disregards whatever Jihyo just said. Jihyo come here and close the door behind you. We need to talk Jihyo has a puzzled look on her face but does as Nayeon says.

You told me that Mina told you about that fight she had with Sana at the party. You said you were not there, right? Nayeon carefully asks. Jihyo glares. Yes, what is your point?

I know you were there during the fight. I know someone that was there too and saw you Nayeon waits for a reaction. Jihyo gets a bit irritated. Why are you even still bothered by this? I told you I was not there, and I still am saying that. Who even told you? Where did you get this stupid information from?

Tzuyu Nayeon is not sure if she should have said that. Tzuyu? Chou Tzuyu? Seriously Nayeon? You believe Chou Tzuyu over me? Why are you even interacting with a person like that? You know, maybe you should think about what you are doing instead of others. You have gone crazy

Jihyo storms out of Nayeons room.