Leads

The Killing Room

After hearing the news about what happened at the party between Mina and Sana, learning that Chaeyoung was involved, Nayeon decides to work things out. She leaves Jihyos house in good terms and promises that they will keep in touch. Checking up on eachother is exactly what Jihyo needs.

The following day Nayeon opens her eyes with a welcoming hangover that makes her day start off bad. Her hangover is not the only thing haunting her, her hunger makes an appearance as well. She goes to the kitchen and opens the fridge to get some milk. Nayeon is the type to put milk in her bowl before putting cereal in. She was not always like this, but things changed since she started living with Jeongyeon. When she opens the fridge, she remembers why she puts milk in first. Nayeon grabs the milk carton and storms off to Jeongyeons room.

Jeongyeon! How many times do I have to tell you to throw away the damn milk carton when it is finished! Why would you even put an empty milk carton in the fridge? Nayeon throws the milk carton on Jeongyeons bed. Jeongyeon wakes up from all the commotion Nayeon is making and takes a minute to take in what Nayeon said to her. I put an empty carton in the fridge to remind us to buy milk. By the way, we are out of milk. Can you buy some?  Nayeon looks at her with an annoyed look and storms out of Jeongyeons room. She grabs her keys and decides to run some errands.

 

While driving towards the grocery store, Nayeon decides to change her route and turns left. There is still one thing on her mind that she needs to resolve first. Nayeon tries to drive towards the place from what she vaguely remembers. Since it is an apartment complex, every complex looks similar. Nayeon manages to remember the complex where she needs to be from the crooked lamp post she saw last time. She parks her car and walks towards the buzzer that she needs to press first.

Nayeon presses the buzzer and there is an immediate response.

You have got some nerve coming here the voice on the other side of the intercom sounds. Nayeon moves closer to the intercom. Can we please talk? I brought wine there is a silence from the other side. I know you do not have wine with you. I can see you, idiot Nayeon looks around to see if she spots a camera but is unable to find one.

Made you look, right?  a laugh sounds through the buzzing sound that opens the door for Nayeon. She enters the complex and finds the door open, ready for her to enter.

What are you doing here? Mina asks Nayeon with her arms crossed. I came here to apologize Nayeon says nervously. Mina tilts her head and gestures with her hand for Nayeon to speak up. Well go on, I am waiting Nayeon sighs. I am sorry for saying those things to you. I did not mean it and I was just being a mess

When Mina is ready to forgive she suddenly changes her mind.That is a decent apology, but I need you to beg for it. So, go on, beg for your forgiveness Nayeon is startled. What? No! I am not going to beg. I apologized, that should be enough She looks at Mina, who is still impatiently waiting. You are not going to let it go, huh? Nayeon looks at a smiling Mina, shaking her head to confirm she is not letting this go. Nayeon mumbles fine and starts getting on her knees, begging for Minas forgiveness. Please Mina- no, Minari, forgive me for what I did. I am literally begging you to forgive me, so please Mina chuckles. I did not say you had to go on your knees, but that was adorable. You are forgiven

 Mina walks towards the kitchen and gets some drinks for the two. Nayeon is glad Mina did not bring any alcoholic beverages for them to drink since she still has a massive headache from the day before. Her begging on her knees for Mina did not help cure her headache either. They sit on the couch and put the TV on. A show is on. How to get away with murder, how ironic.

I love this show Mina says while sipping on her beverage. It is not realistic at all. That main character gets away with anything, but that is not how it goes it real life! It is annoying at times Nayeon says while aggressively holding her glass. Chill, it is just a show. It is fiction Nayeon, damn Mina gives Nayeon a look.

They sit in silence and watch TV. An awkward moment happens when both reach for some popcorn and touch hands. Nayeon looks at a blushing Mina as she immediately pulls her hand back. Sorry

Nayeon is surprised by Minas reaction. She makes the atmosphere awkward again when she starts bringing up the conversation they had when they last met. Hey, I am serious when I tell you that I am sorry. I just said all those things because…” Mina looks at Nayeon. Hm? Because what? Nayeon is not sure if she should say the following but decides to do it anyways. Because I saw you and Sana fight at the party. I saw you hitting her

It was just a slap! Mina gets up from the couch and starts hovering anxiously. What got you so upset Mina? Nayeon is relieved that Mina bought her lie. And why should I tell you Nayeon? It is none of your business Mina grumbles. It is my business when I witnessed a fight between you and the girl that was murdered hours later! Not to mention you were being aggressive! Come on Mina, I am trying to understand you. You need to start explaining what happened Nayeons voice starts getting louder and louder.

Mina sighs We got into a fight because I wanted to stop her from buying drugs. The second I saw her talking to Chaeyoung I knew what was going on. We have talked about it before and apparently she did not take it serious. I got so frustrated with her and lost my temper

Nayeon is surprised. She knew Sana liked to party, but she did not expect the girl to use drugs. Wait, what kind of drugs? Did she use drugs regularly?

Mina gets frustrated again when she thinks about Sana buying the drugs. I am not sure to be honest. I have never seen her using drugs, but I know it happens a lot in sororities. First time I spotted her buying drugs was when she bought for Jennie. She said she was not going to do herself, but we both know how easily influenced she is.

Nayeon nods and just stays silent, knowing things will get worse if she starts talking again. She tells Mina it is probably time for her to leave. Nayeon walks towards Mina and wants to hug her, but Mina stops Nayeon from hugging her. Do not touch me

Nayeon accepts the rejection and walks towards the door. While grabbing the door knob to open the door, she feels Mina hugging her from her back. Mina tightens the back hug. Sorry that I have been so mean towards you. I know you are just looking out for Sanas sake Mina lets go and both smile towards eachother when Nayeon turns around to face her. Nayeon gets into her car and gets waved off by Mina.

 

Seungwan! What do you know about Son Chaeyoung? detective Kang asks her case partner. Chaeyoung was sorority sisters with Sana. Quite the looker Seungwan realizes her confusion. Oh wait, that is Park Chaeyoung. Son Chaeyoung you asked, right? Ehm, let me think. She was at the party, but she is not really connected to Sana or her inner circle. Why do you ask?

Seulgi throws some files on the table towards Seungwan. If you go through these reports you see that Son Chaeyoungs DNA matches the DNA that was found on Sanas body. Now explain how only her DNA is found. Someone must have known what they were doing and has been careful

Seungwan looks through the files and can indeed see that Chaeyoungs DNA matches the DNA that was found on Sanas body. Seungwan is unconvinced though. I strongly doubt that Chaeyoung did it. I interviewed a lot of those kids on campus and she was not even mentioned once. I heard the names Mina and Jihyo drop a lot though. The people who we need to keep an eye on are Myoui Mina, Park Jihyo and Chou Tzuyu

Seulgi looks clueless.Why Chou Tzuyu? Seungwan scoffs.A rich kid who is loved because daddy funds the university? Those types are the most dangerous ones Seulgi clicks her tongue. Damn, you are so right sometimes

We have to arrest someone though. People are starting to get angry that a murderer is still on the loose. They have a point and that is the problem. Thing is, the only evidence we have is the DNA from that Chaeyoung kid, but my gut feeling says it is not her who did it. Please tell me you agree Seulgi sighs and rubs her temples. Seungwan nods. I do not think it was Son Chaeyoung. But we might not have a choice until we find something else

 

After asking several art students she knew through Jeongyeon, Nayeon manages to find Chaeyoung.  Nayeon sees Chaeyoung sitting at a table with Dahyun, holding hands, smiling as they are having a conversation. It always surprise Nayeon how cute they actually are together. She approaches the table and asks Dahyun if she can borrow Chaeyoung for a second. Chaeyoung does not hesitate and follows Nayeon to a bit more private place.

Chaeyoung looks at Nayeon. Nayeon unnie right? I met you at the party Nayeon is stunned that Chaeyoung knows her name, as she remembers both Chaeyoung and Dahyun did not even pay attention to Nayeon and Momos introduction. Nayeon nods and inhales before she asks the following.

I need you to tell me more about Sana

Chaeyoung looks around her to make sure no one hears them. She lowers her voice. Listen, I do not know Sana Nayeon lowers her voice too. I know she bought something from you that night. Do you know if she used those things herself?

Chaeyoung rubs her eyes using both hands Yeah she did buy from me that night. This time it was just weed though. I think it was for the party. She was a regular customer. I do not ask what people do with drugs or if they use it themselves Chaeyoung looks to the side. I know she was pretty depressed actually. She started talking about how lonely she was and that she missed old times or something. I did not care about her stories. I am a dealer, not a free therapist! Chaeyoung looks at an upset Nayeon. I am sorry, I should not have said that. But yeah, it was sad to see such a popular girl be so lonely. But to answer your question: no, I do not know if she used the drugs herself

Nayeon does not feel at peace yet. What about the she-

That is when their conversation gets interrupted by someone Nayeon recognizes. Detective Wendy. She is accompanied by her case partner, Seulgi. They approach Nayeon and Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung panics as she recognizes detective Kang from that statement she gave on the news. She wants to flee but knows it will look suspicious if she does so. Chaeyoung looks at Nayeon. Did you do this? Nayeon shakes her head I swear I did not

Seulgi pulls out handcuffs from the back of her belt and walks towards Chaeyoung. Son Chaeyoung, you are being arrested on suspicion of the murder of Minatozaki Sana. You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defense if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on in court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence

Chaeyoung starts letting tears out. No, no, no, this is not happening She sees Dahyun who just noticed the upheaval happening and is sprinting towards her girlfriend. What is even happening? Dahyun asks, being confused about the entire situation.

Seulgi starts dragging Chaeyoung towards the police car as Seungwan holds the car door open for them.

Chaeyoung turns around one last time and screams towards Dahyun:

CALL TZUYU! NOW!