Beginnings

The Killing Room

It was one of those days where Im Nayeon did not sleep enough the previous day and was a semi- zombie during her lecture. Nevertheless, that did not stop her from being productive. Nayeon never forgets how much she loves studying criminology.

She diligently wrote down the essential parts of the lecture and turned over to the pages from her book. Nayeon was one of those people that believed she would remember her notes better if she wrote everything down on paper instead of typing it on her computer. Her best friend was the opposite though.

Seated next to her in the hall was Hirai Momo, Nayeons best friend since college. They met eachother during the introduction day that was compulsory and hit it off immediately. They bonded over how interesting studying criminology is to them.  Momo suggested they watched murder documentaries after the day ended. Nayeon likes to tease Momo on her signature glasses, which quoting Nayeon, look like Tinas glasses from Bobs Burgers.

Eventhough Momo is the laziest person ever and only focuses on food, she is smarter than most people think. Nayeon and Momo are a good dynamic. They do basically everything together, from homework to going out. Both like girls but do not feel the need of dating eachother. Momo highly believes she could never date a girl like Nayeon. Her best friend feels the same way.

Since fall started it is too cold to hang out at campus after lectures end. Nayeon suggests her and Momo go to her dorm to finish off the project that is due on Sunday. It is not like they have something better to do on a Friday night like this, anyways.

 Nayeon lives in a spacious dorm which she shares with one roommate, Yoo Jeongyeon. Their personalities are very different, but both are surprised they mix well together. Meaning, eventhough Jeongyeon is totally different from Nayeon, they actually like to spend some time together. Jeongyeon often invites Nayeon, and even Momo, to frat parties. Today was not an exception.

Nayeon and Momo enter the dorm and Nayeon immediately knows Jeongyeon is home based on how messy the room looks. Jeongyeon I told you to clean the living room! Nayeon says annoyed.

Stop nagging Nayeon! You just came home, chill! Hey do you want a beer? Here have a beer and relax my friend Jeongyeon opens a beer can and hands it over to Nayeon while massaging one shoulder with her other free hand. Nayeon takes a sip and gives some to Momo, but Momo turns it down and reminds them she is a lightweight. I dont even know why I accepted this. I hate beer

Jeongyeon laughs. Tonight, party at the frat house on the North side. There are only a few people that can get in, but we are going. You guys can join me Nayeon and Momo exchange looks. They are not sure if they want to go but knowing Jeongyeon they will probably end up there anyways.

Momo adjusts her glasses. How do you always get in anyways? And what makes you think we are allowed there? Jeongyeon walks up to Momo and puts her arm around her. Because Momoring, those art girls love me. And I love you guys so they have no choice to love you as well

Momo moves Jeongyeons arm from her shoulder. Oh right, sometimes I forget you major in art and have all those weird hipsters around you. Do you use drugs like they do?   Jeongyeon laughs Oh Momo, you are a gem. But for the record, no I dont. Some weed will not do any damage though. You want to try some tonight?  Momo gasps and stands behind Nayeon while shaking her head.

 

After dressing up for the party Momo and Nayeon made a quick stop at the liquor store to buy some alcohol. Jeongyeon suggested they bought some so they will be liked instantly when they show up. Drunk college kids are surprisingly easily pleased. Momo suggests they buy two bottles of vodka and Nayeon adds a beer keg to that. They check out and walk towards the car. Nayeon gets teased by Momo as she got asked for her ID, while Momo did not. Nayeon tried to brush it off and say it was because Momo is wearing contacts and that if she wore her huge glasses she would also get asked. They both load the heavy keg in the trunk and head to the frat house.

 

Nayeon parked her car a few blocks from the frat house so they have to carry the heavy keg all the way down to the house. Luckily Momo brought her backpack and is able to put the bottles of vodka in it. While almost reaching the door, the two unshaped girls realize they have to carry the keg on a few steps. They both sigh and use a moment to catch their breaths.

Need help with that? A soft voice speaks up. Kim Dahyun, a freshman who is loved by everyone, even seniors. Dahyun can look a bit intimidating in the first few seconds you see her, but everyone knows she is the craziest and most hyper girl ever. The intimating vibe must have been created because she is dating the notorious Son Chaeyoung, also a freshman. Word is that she deals drugs to some people, but that might just be a rumor. Chaeyoung is majoring in art and once you see her artwork you know exactly why she choose to do this. Its breathtaking.  No one knows how Dahyun and Chaeyoung met and why they are dating, but the odd couple make it work and are kind of cute?

If you could help us that would be great, thank you Nayeon moves aside for Dahyun who stormed off the little steps to grab one side of the keg. Babe, come help me Dahyun waits for Chaeyoung who is still finishing her cigarette. After she puts it out she comes down and bows for Nayeon and Momo. Hi unnies, my name is Chaeyoung nice to meet you    that was unexpected

I apologize for my bad manners unnies, my name is Dahyun she lets go of the keg to bow down to the elders and grabs it back as Chaeyoung is ready to lift it up. Nayeon and Momo shyly introduce themselves but it was probably too soft for them to hear. It seemed like they did not actually care. Well atleast the younger ones had manners.

 

They enter the house and are shocked how crowded it is. Both of them have been to frat parties before but they were never packed like this. Everyone is dancing and Nayeon spots some people she knows.

Chou Tzuyu, universitys beloved freshman. There is a reason for that though. Tzuyus family is extremely wealthy, with her dad being one of the richest men in the country and her mom being a famous lawyer. Her presence at the school is appreciated and everyone knows Tzuyu could get away with anything, no matter what she did. She looks extremely bored at the moment though. That might be because she is surrounded by drunk frat boys, hitting on her. Understandable, since Tzuyu truly is one of the prettiest girls on campus. Nayeon wonders why she did not join her best friends, Dahyun and Chaeyoung, outside on the patio.

Park Jihyo, the immensely talented singer. Every student agrees Jihyo has the voice of an angel. Nayeon and Jihyo used to go to the same high school so they are pretty friendly to eachother. Sometimes they say hi but nothing more is expected. Jihyo is kind of more of the popular crowd whereas Nayeon? Not her thing.

Myoui Mina, her old friend from high school. Nayeon and Mina stopped being friends in college because their interests were completely different since Mina majors in music, same as Jihyo. Nayeon likes to remember their times together though. It was always fun with Mina and ah- there she is

Minatozaki Sana, one of the popular members of the sorority that runs the university. With no surprise Nayeon finds her grinding on several guys and girls. Sana always mentioned in high school she liked girls but since she was boy crazy back then she never wanted to come out. However, university Sana is a whole other girl. Her boy crazy phase turned into girl crazy.

Chaeyoung and Dahyun have wandered off to the kitchen to place the keg. Nayeon shoots a look at Momo. Give me your bag, Ill get us drinks and you find us food Momo nods and they part ways.

Nayeon once again thanks Dahyun and Chaeyoung for their help. They wander off and Nayeon is glad since she noticed they started to get a bit touchy. She grabs the two bottles from Momos bag and puts them on the kitchen counter. Nayeon proceeds to install the keg, ready to be used, and succeeds. She lets out a dorky yes and balls her fists. As she gets two cups from the counter and turns around, she bumps into someone and apologizes.

Im Nayeon, long time no see Sana tilts her head to Nayeon who is surprised of the sudden appearance. I see you grabbed a cup for me as well, cute. Oh and you brought vodka? You are the perfect guest Sana takes a cup from Nayeons hand and starts pouring some vodka in her cup. You want some too? Sana holds out the bottle in front of Nayeon. Yes please Nayeon hands Sana her cup. How have you been Sana? Nayeon cant stop looking at Sana. She cant believe that after all this time she still has a big fat crush on the pretty eyed girl.

I am okay Nayeonnie. It is nice to see you again after a while. It must be the alcohol but my heart is warming up right now because I keep thinking about all the memories we share together. I mean school was great but remember the times we spent in your house just doing stupid things? Sana lets out a high-pitched laugh and hands Nayeon her cup.

Yeah, they were fun. But I guess we got older and just started doing our own stuff you know? I am happy right now and I hope you are too Nayeon takes a sip from her cup and shows a disgusted expression. Sana put way too much vodka in that cup.

Yeah I am happy, I guess Sana looks at the liquid inside her cup. We should meet up again sometime Sana looks at Nayeon who is surprised by that comment. Why would the sorority queen want to meet up with her?

I think the alcohol got to your head Sana Nayeon smiles while showing her gummy smile. Sana sees one of her favorite smiles again and proves Nayeon wrong. Yeah I might have had a few drinks too many, but trust me when I tell you I have been meaning to ask you that. I see you walking on campus sometimes. Lets go out and get an iced coffee! Do you still love that? Sanas eyes widen out of curiosity. Nayeons heart flutters that Sana remembers her favorite type of coffee. Yes it is. Okay why not? Lets go on Monday when you have sobered up a little Sana giggles and hands Nayeon her phone for her to put her number in.

They exchange numbers and Sana left as she desired to go dance on the dancefloor again. Nayeon grabs a cup and quickly pours in some vodka with sprite for Momo, her favorite combo.

Nayeon walks towards the other room and finds Momo, accompanied by Jeongyeon. Surprisingly Jihyo is next to her. Jeongyeon got drunk at the dorm one time and mentioned that she liked Jihyo. She wonders if Jeongyeon ever did something about it. Her thoughts get interrupted by a rather loud and overly-excited Jeongyeon, opening both of her arms for a hug when she sees Nayeon. Nayeon! Youre here! Momoring over here missed you already Momo looks around her when she hears Jeongyeons comment, hoping no one heard her and thinks they are dating. And you got a drink? Oh you know what to do! CHUG! CHUG! CHUG!

Nayeon looks around and sees several people cheering her on with Jeongyeon, even Jihyo. She looks at Momo and feels bad for saying the following thing but did not want to go down alone. I will do it if Momo does it too Momo looks shocked at Nayeon Ehhh? Why you do you have to drag me into this Nayeon? Nayeon whispers out a silent sorry as Jeongyeon gets a drink for Momo and Jihyo fills up Nayeons cup a bit more. They both empty their cup in one go, surprising the audience with their chugging talent.

The hype in the crowd continues as the alcohol started kicking in Momos system. She requests a hip hop song to dance to and surprises her audience with her dancing skills. Not much later, a student she had seen before joined her and dared her into a kind of dance battle. I might be a ballet dancer, but you will be amazed when you see what else I can do Mina winked at Momo.

The battle starts and there are lots of people cheering for Mina. But as soon as they notice how good Momo is, lots of people start joining her side. Jihyo cheers for Mina ofcourse, but from the side line you can hear loud screams from Nayeon and Jeongyeon just yelling MOMO! repeatedly. It starts getting intense as both are challenging eachother in different ways and there definitely is some tension between the two, the good kind. People start getting hyped and are making up drinking games based off the killer moves the duo constantly make.

It all ends once other people join in  and the finishing touch is Dahyuns eagle dance. While Mina and Momo are both panting and catching their breath from all that, they exchange smiles. I think its time you get me a drink Mina hands Momo her cup. Ah ya- but first I need to pee, the vodka reached my bladder! Momo blurts out and awkwardly goes to the bathroom.

Nayeon expresses her gratitude once Momo comes back from the bathroom, who looks quite relieved. Nayeon points at Jeongyeon and Jihyo, who have been flirting all night. Momo mouths yuck and taps on Jeongyeons shoulder. Jeongyeon you better take Jihyo upstairs and treat her right, in private please   Jihyo laughs and agrees with Momo. Jeongyeon shrugs and holds Jihyos hands while they walk upstairs to one of the rooms.

Mina comes to the kitchen to fill her own cup since Momo forgot to do it. When she locks eyes with Momo and gives her a smile, she looks up to the ceiling as she heard a faint scream coming from upstairs. Its Jihyos.

Jeongyeon must be doing a great job Nayeon grins. Mina exits the kitchen and Momo looks at her leaving. Dude, she is totally into you. That dance battle? Crazy! You guys were basically doing it through dancing Nayeon starts cracking up. Momo slaps Nayeons shoulder. No! Mina does not like girls like me. She is drunk and will probably forget me anyways. By the way, you better have an aspirin. My head is spinning from the vodka

Jeongyeon and Jihyo enter the kitchen. Jihyo looks quite disturbed and cant stand still from all the shaking. Jeongyeon starts breathing heavily but manages to get her words out. Call 911, now  Nayeon looks at Momo and laughs. Yeah Jeongyeon, we heard you making-

Nayeon call 911 now! Jeongyeon screams. Nayeon gets out her phone to call 911 but looks at Jeongyeon first. What happ-?

 

Minatozaki Sana is dead