The Deal

The Jigsaw Puzzle

 

 

(A/N) Yknow what, I typed it on Doc, it bolded in here, and I can't seem to change it so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ here's a bolded, easier-to-read story meguess.


Mina woke up on that Saturday with the only schedule that’ll take up her whole day: to go back to sleep. She was ready to refuel all the wasted energy from her exhausting week which was twice as terrible for the presence of a certain someone has been missing.

A reminder that Momo is still on her dance tour in another city made Mina grumble in annoyance. The girl snuggles back into their bed when the familiar sound of a specific deliverer rings her doorbell with that loud announcement of her name, “MI.NA.RI!”

Whilst deciding whether to trudge through the house, still dark with the morning’s dawn, or to quicken a stride to the door, Mina makes it there with a displeased face.

“MI! NA-”

“Sana, I heard you.”

Paying no heed to the girl’s dislike of the morning sun glaring in her eyes, “Good!” Sana shoves a cardboard box into her arms, “Here ya go.”

“Wha-”

“Momo sent it.”

“Why-”

“That’s confidential.”

“How’d-”

“I know you’re gonna ask that?” Sana pulls out her phone and smile teasingly, “Momo told me.”

A groan left Mina’s mouth at the mention of the name but Sana would only chuckle at the younger’s frustration.

“She’ll call you in a bit.”

“After a month of no contact?” Mina adds under her breath, “LIke I’m gonna ans-”

“I think I hear your phone ringing from your ro-”

The door crashes in Sana’s face after a quick rap of, “Seeya. Thanks. Have a great day.”

Diving for that baseball home plate scenario and messing up her made bed in the process, Mina swipes the green on her phone as she clears , “What?”

“Hey.” Momo’s soft voice through the line made Mina’s heart go soft. For two seconds.

“What’s with the box?”

“Shake it.” Mina grabs it from the bed and shakes it once.

“Okay.”

“Shake it multiple times.”

“How many times?”

“9- Are you seriously gonna count and shake?”

“5...You made me lose count.” A sigh is heard, “It’s a box with something inside. Therefore it makes a sound. Can I open it?”

“Yes please.”

Grabbing an exacto knife from her desk, a thought made Mina halt, “Momo I swear if it’s plastic, realistic looking frogs-”

Her girlfriend’s laugh made Mina smile, “No, it’s not. Just. Open it.”

“...no.”

“You opened it.”

“Yeah. No.”

“It’s only 500 pieces.”

“No.”

“Mina.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Nyo.”

“Yis.”

“Nyo.”

“YiS.”

“Nyooooooooooooooooooo-”

“If you finish it, we’ll get those promise rings you always-”

Momo heard a loud splash of falling objects on the other line, “What’s it a picture of?”

“Hm, me.”

“Narcissistic much?”

“Are you sure about that?”

“Nevermind, I take that back. This is a derp of you.”

“A really good derp of me. I'm very proud of it.”

“What’s the due date?”

“Next Saturday.”

“Ugh.”

“It’s not that much work.”

“You’re not the one working on it.”

“I did. So that I can write a message on the back.”

“... you mean I have to take them all out. Piece them together. Glue them together. Wait for the glue to dry. Then flip it and read your message?”

“Yis.”

“Momo, I have a very important schedule going on today.”

“You were gonna hibernate.”

“Exactly.”

“I guess those rings could-”

“-not. Exactly not. I am. Going to do something. Uh. Productive today. Yes. Working on. This. Thing.”

The soft sound of breath through the line tells Mina, Momo is grinning. “My break is almost over. I’ll see you in a week, okay? Love you baby, bye.”

As she throws the phone on her bed and heaves an exhausted sigh, Mina looks at the jigsaw pieces scattered floor.

 

“Should I just pay Jihyo to piece them together while I hibernate?”


To be Continue...