A Plan

You Look Like My Dad

a/n: are you ready to meet Taeyong and Yuta? And the rest of the squad?

----- 

 

After breakfast, the kids gathered for their morning stretch and then off to start the games. Xiaojun was surprised when Hendery held his hand as they walked to the assembly area, his cheeks blushing ever so slightly. “Are you uncomfortable?” Hendery asked and Xiaojun shook his head.

 

 

“This is just new, you weren’t kidding last night?” Xiaojun asked and Hendery shook his head and grinned at him.

 

 

 

“I like you. It may not be like a teen flick love story but I felt strongly for you, and it’s a first for me.” Hendery confessed and Xiaojun blushed even more.

 

 

“You sure are an expert flirt.” Xiaojun remarked and Hendery pouted.

 

 

“I am not.” Hendery stomped his feet earning the attention from his twins.

 

 

“He’s not. He barely even talks to his admirers, you’re the first he had been bold enough to acctally take the first move.” Mark explained and Hendery beamed a smile at him.

 

 

“Really, but you three are really handsome, shouldn’t you three have a blooming love life?” Xiaojun asked and all three of them laughed.

 

 

 

“You saw who we like?” Lucas asked and Xiaojun nodded. “Go figure why we’re single.” Lucas finished and Xiaojun laughed at that.

 

 

 

“Hey, are you two dating?” Jaemin ran to his brother and Xiaojun wasn’t sure how to answer that.

 

 

“Not yet. Just told him that I like him.” Hendery answered and Jaemin grinned at him.

 

 

“My bro is getting some action already.” Jaemin wiggled his brows suggestively making Xiaojun flush and the others laugh.

 

 

They had received instructions for the first activity and Lucas, being the over competitive one, and Jeno, whose bloodline had been warriors, immediately went to the front lines. Donghyuck rolled his eyes at them but followed them to talk strategies. It was a scavenger hunt and it’s just a warm up drill for them before the afternoon sportsfest. They received a list of things to find and Renjun, being the thinker that he was, he strategized and divided them into teams, with Donghyuck being paired up with Lucas and Mark since Hendery and Xiaojun needed time to get to know each other. Donghyuck hissed at his best friend but then sighed as he walked towards a grinning Mark and a smiling Lucas.

 

 

Before they went their way, Renjun reminded them to contact their parents to make sure they were on board with the plan. They had drawn it out during breakfast and it was an opportune time to implement it. They will make sure Jaemin and Xiaojun get their parents to meet if not reunite. Deep down they both know they really want to see their other father who they missed for most of their lives.

 

 

-----

 

 

Jackson knocked on his boss’s room to hand in the invite for the culmination night. Taeyong groaned and dismissed his secretary, in favor of fixing up the private dinner he had to do for the Japanese Embassy in 2 weeks.

 

 


“But Taeyong, Jaemin would really want you there.” Jackson pouted. “This is Jaemin’s last camp and after this, he’ll be off to college and you won’t have time for him. He is all grown up and would rarely call or visit you.” Jackson reminded Taeyong, having a little day dream with his own children who rarely visit because of college.

 

 

“But this is an important event.” Taeyong pointed to the calendar and Jackson sighed.

 

“You have enough time to handle that after your return. And besides, your Japanese cuisine knowhow is one of the best in South Korea.” Jackson assured him.

 

 

Taeyong sighed and nodded. “I guess I need to give Jaemin more of my time.” Taeyong replied and Jackson smiled at that.

 

 

“That’s the spirit.” Jackson chirped and then left the office for him to confirm Taeyong’s attendance to the culmination night.

 

 

Taeyong opened the drawer of his desk and took out a picture of back he was a young teen who had dreams of making it big in the entertainment industry. He was smiling brightly with a person he longed to be with even after seventeen years of separation. Taeyong smiled sadly as he ran a finger on his husband’s face printed on the paper and his gold ring glistened as it caught the glowing lights.

 

 

“He looked like you Yuta, you should see Jaemin now.” Taeyong held back the tears and placed the picture back into its place. He ran a tired hand on his face and groaned, even after everything else that happened, he still loves Yuta like the day they first met.

 

 

----- 

 

Yuta was checking the progress chart of the players he was handling to pick up the exercises he would recommend and the conditioning they had to do for them to improve their skills and endurance when Minseok, his colleague and conditioning coach informed him that Hansol was there to see him. Hansol appeared soon after with a letter that he handed to Yuta. The younger took it and read the contents, frowning as he had never heard that his presence is required for summer camp.

 

 

“It’s Xiaojun’s first and last camp, you can’t just leave him hanging!” Hansol argued even if Yuta hadn’t even said a word. “Can you imagine him there alone, with no parent to cheer for him? That would be cruel Yuta.” Hansol added and Yuta sighed and glared at his friend.

 

 

“I haven’t even said anything.” Yuta remarked. “I may have to file my leave of absence.” Yuta hummed and Hansol grinned,

 

 

 

“I already talked to Minho hyung, he was okay with it, the kids are on break anyway.” Hansol informed him and Yuta frowned.

 

 

“You really want me to go, you sound suspicious.’ Yuta narrowed his eyes on his friend.

 

 

“Look, Xiaojun is going to go off to college in spring and this is the only chance you’ll get to bond with him.” Hansol said stoically and Yuta laughed.

 

 

“You look ridiculous hyung. But okay, for my Junnie.” Yuta said and Hansol raised a thumbs up before leaving. 

 

 

Yuta sighed as he looked at the letter inviting him for the culmination night. He wondered hos his son was coping, if he was able to come out of his shell and make friends even just a few people who would accept an introverted kid like him. Yuta cursed his husband for giving his son the introverted genes but he also smiled as he took out a photo from his drawer, and looked at the face he had loved so much. Taeyong had been a boy with big dreams and he loved that about him. The ring on his finger felt heavy but comforting, like the hold of his husband all the years that they were together. Yuta had loved, still loves and will continue to love Taeyong but circumstances are not ideal for them and the separation had been their saving grace, but it doesn’t mean it was easy for them, at least for him it wasn’t. Yuta sighed even more seeing how Taeyong had clearly manifested on their son Xiaojun, and if he could talk to him, he would proudly show off their son to him.

 

But would he have the chance?

 

----  

 

Johnny had a long day ahead of him but when Mark called in during coffee break, he was grinning like a mad man. He picked up the call and Mark excitedly told him about his day so far, minus the detail that him and Lucas almost suffocated Donghyuck with their cuddling. “Hey dad, uhm Do you know Nakamoto Yuta by any chance?” Mark asked and Johnny froze mid sip of his coffee.

 

 

“Why do you ask?” Johnny asked back.

 

 

“We met a certain Lee Xiaojun in camp and he said his father is Nakamoto Yuta.” Mark explained.

 

 

“oh, you met Xiaojun then, how is he?” Johnny asked and Mark knew his father would be on board.

 

 

“Fine, I guess Hendery is having a crush on him.” Mark tattled off and Johnny grinned, finally his youngest can have his own love interest. “So do you know Nakamoto Yuta then?” Mark asked again and Johnny sighed and nodded.

 

 

“he’s a close friend, a very special friend.” Johnny confessed. “What are you planning?” Johnny asked and Mark chuckled.

 

 

“Can we get them to meet on culmination night? We are going to prepare something for them and I just want Taeyong samchon to be there.” Mark said and Johnny instantly agreed.

 

 

“got you covered kiddo.” Johnny replied. “Say hi to your brothers for me.” Johnny said before he hanged up. He walked to his desk and instantly filed a leave of absence, this is more important than his work.

 

 

 -----

 

“Donghyuck, you know I am busy.” Doyoung had a really stressful job as an editor for a well-known magazine and his sons know that he doesn’t tolerate idle talk when he’s at work.

 

 

“I know papa but you’ve got to help my friend.” Donghyuck answered back, too much of a drama queen that Doyoung knew he got from him.

 

 

“What is it?” Doyoung asked as he rubbed his temples.

 

 

“We met Jaemin’s twin brother.” Donghyuck said and Doyoung almost dropped his phone.

 

 

“You what?” Doyoung asked just to confirm he heard it right.

 

 

“We met Jaemin’s twin. We looked at their birth certificates and they are bothers! Their birth fathers are both the same, It’s Nakamoto Yuta. My idol papa!” Donghyuck said and Doyoung paled, Yuta had returned.

 

 

“Are you sure?” Doyoung asked and Donghyuck insisted. “What are you planning?” Doyoung sighed and loosened his tie, he got to make this work, he wants to see his friend again.

 

 

----

 

Taeil always had time for his sons, especially for Renjun, his precious first born, so when the boy called, he instantly answered it. “Yes baobei?” Taeil answered and Renjun greeted him happily.

 

“I sent a file on your email appa, can you help me with a song title?” Renjun asked and Taeil immediately opened his email to check the file. He played the song recording and Taeil’s jaw dropped hearing it.

 

 

“Where did you get this?” Taeil asked and Renjun perked up, his father is now interested.

 

 

“Jaemin. Taeyong Samchon dances to it but we don’t know the title. Mark hyung said the song is in English but we don’t know the title, maybe you know appa?” Renjun asked.

 

 

“It’s an unreleased song.” Taeil answered and Renjun was surprised. “it’s a song created by two people for them alone, it’s not a song made for the world to listen to.” Taeil answered and Renjun hummed.

 

 

“Is it about Jaemin’s parents?” Renjun asked and Taeil sensed a deeper conversation coming. “We met his twin brother Xiaojun.” Renjun informed his father who gasped.

 

 

‘Renjun where is he?” Taeil asked hurriedly.

 

 

“Here at camp.” Renjun replied and Taeil released a sigh.

 

 

“He’s your godbrother.” Taeil informed his son. “Sicheng and his best friend made a promise back in college to name their firstborns with Jun on their names.” Taeil informed him.

 

 

‘Oh so it is true that his godfather named him then?” Renjun asked.

 

 

 

“Your godfather named you Renjun.” Taeil informed him.

 

 

“Is my godfather named Nakamoto Yuta?” Renjun asked and Taeil hummed in acknowledgement.

 

 

“He’s a precious friend Renjun.” Taeil smiled bitterly, he had missed Yuta so much. “What are you planning?” Taeil asked and he could almost hear the smile on his son’s voice.

 

 

“Can you give me the chords and lyrics of the song? Jaemin and Xiaojun can perform it on culmination night.” Renjun asked Taeil was determined to help his friends get back together.

 

 

 

“I may need to ask Kun, but we’ll get it done.” Taeil assured his son.

 

 

“Thanks Appa!” Renjun was delighted. “Oh, and he’s with Hansol samchon, Xiaojun said he’s Yuta samchon’s best friend.” Renjun informed him and Taeil smiled at that.

 

 

“We’ll make sure Yuta will come, don’t worry.” Taeil assured his son who thanked him again before hanging up, they’ll do whatever it takes for his friends.

 

 

-----  

 

 

Kun never liked being disturbed when he was preparing for his vocal lessons but when he received a call from Lucas, he had to take a deep breath and answer his son. The loud voice had always been his son’s unique charm, though he’s not sure where he got that, he is subdued while Johnny is a little tame and Ten is a bit more outgoing but not loud.

 

“Yes honey?” Kun answered and the rapid-fire mandarin attacked his ears. ‘Slow down Xuxi, I am listening.” Kun assured his son who took a deep breath and informed his father of a plan.

 

 

“Jaemin found his twin brother, his name is Xiaojun. We thought he was Chinese because of his name but he is Japanese. Can you believe that baba?” Lucas said and Kun hummed to inform his son that he was listening. “And get this, Hendery has a crush on Xiaojun!” Lucas was all giddy and it really amused Kun.

 

 

“Yoou don’t get to tease your baby brother about crushes when you and Mark can’t confess to yours.” Kun reprimanded his son and Lucas groaned at him. “You said Xiaojun? Do you know his father’s name?” Kun asked.

 

“Yeah, Nakamoto Yuta, Donghyuck’s idol, the soccer player.” Lucas said and Kun smiled, Yuta is back.

 

 

“And why are you calling me?” Kun asked his son.

 

 

“We kind of need you to make sure Taeyong samchon attends the culmination night.” Lucas blurte out and Kun couldn’t agree more.

 

 

“Got you covered baobei.” He said and Lucas laughed and bid his goodbye.

 

 

He texted his husbands of what Lucas informed him and both Ten and Johnny responded that Hendery and Mark informed them as well. He also read how Ten was proud of his son for making a move while lightly cussing Johnny and Kun for not supporting Mark and Lucas enough to confess to their own crush.

 

It’s not like we did not try. I am surprised Hendery made a move quickly, he’s usually the reserved one.

 

 

Kun typed out and he received a lot of emojis from Johnny.

 

 

There was a knock on the door and Kun beckoned his guest. Taeil had been his work partner for years, being a vocal instructor for idol trainees in the same agency. The older sat in front of him and sighed before asking if any of his sons called him. Kun nodded and informed him  of what Lucas had said. Taeil took out his phone and played a song which made Kun gasp, it was a song they heard a long time ago, a song that only their friends knew of.

 

 

“Who sent you that?” Kun asked Taeil.

 

 

“Renjun.” Taeil answered. “He wants the piano chords for this, said Xiaojun and Jaemin would want to play this.” Taeil said and Kun nodded. “He also requested for the lyrics and I am sure Ten and Johnny would be the best candidate for it.” Taeil said and Kun quickly called Ten, because as a dance instructor, he has a more flexible schedule than Johnny who is in marketing.

 

 

“Send me the file, we’ll go through it after my 11am.” Kun said and Taeil nodded and thanked him.

 

 

“Can we pull this off?” Taeil asked and Kun nodded.

 

 

“We all want them happy right?” Kun asked and Taeil grinned at him.

 

“Definitely.” Taeil replied and left the room to attend to his own schedule.

 

 

----- 

 

a/n: hi! I bought my new laptop and guess what would be the first update I did? This one!!! Yay

the ball is rolling and we have a plan in action, let’s make Operation Yutae a success!!!!